Decisions decisions ...pochette metis or metis hobo or pallas chain

sapnadileesh

Oct 23, 2011
I am not sure whether I should get the pochette metis, the metis hobo or the pallas chain. I am a big bag person but I'm trying to down size now. The pochette metis is extremely popular right now...it is the "IT" bag...I am worried about the glazing issues. I saw one in the store which had a problem in the glazing around the flap where you open and close it. I like the metis hobo...but again it is a big bag and I've heard about the canvas cracking. This brings us to the pallas chain. Its a very beautiful bag but I am not sure if the price is worth it for a primarily canvas bag. My husband thinks the new bags with strips of different coloured leathers are just so not "louis vuitton"! I need your help ladies as I am very confused. I am planning to get one of these bags over the weekend. On a side note I am getting a chanel woc in black caviar with gold hardware..have been trying to track down this baby for over a year now...finally managed to get hold of her...

I would really appreciate your help to pick my Louis. Thank you :smile:

I just recently added a smaller bag to my collection the pochette metis and I love, love, love it. For a small bag it truly holds allot and looks great. I have had no glazing issues with my bag so far. I was back and forth about this bag but so glad I got it.

My favorite out of all your choices is the Metis hobo !!! I like the PM as well but as an everyday bag I think the hobo is better . Not a huge fan of the Pallas chain .

I am not sure whether I should get the pochette metis, the metis hobo or the pallas chain. I am a big bag person but I'm trying to down size now. The pochette metis is extremely popular right now...it is the "IT" bag...I am worried about the glazing issues. I saw one in the store which had a problem in the glazing around the flap where you open and close it. I like the metis hobo...but again it is a big bag and I've heard about the canvas cracking. This brings us to the pallas chain. Its a very beautiful bag but I am not sure if the price is worth it for a primarily canvas bag. My husband thinks the new bags with strips of different coloured leathers are just so not "louis vuitton"! I need your help ladies as I am very confused. I am planning to get one of these bags over the weekend. On a side note I am getting a chanel woc in black caviar with gold hardware..have been trying to track down this baby for over a year now...finally managed to get hold of her...

I would really appreciate your help to pick my Louis. Thank you :smile:
Hi! I agree with the other poster… if you are trying to downsize, the PM is a great bag!! It does hold a lot for its size. I carry a pouchette (old model), phone, sunglasses, keys, Empreinte cles in this bag and still have room for a couple more items. :smile:

Also, IMHO potential problems are not a reason to avoid a particular bag… I have been buying LV for several years and in all of the bags I have owned, I have only had one minor issue and they took care of the repair for free. GL in your decision!

My vote goes to the PM. It can be be worn both in casual or dressy occasions, has multiple ways it can be carried (crossbody, shoulder, clutch), quite roomy and the newer models are better made (less glazing issue). Of the three choices the PM is quite a great value for the quality of bag you are getting. It's popular for a reason...it's both functional and fashionable! ;)

Since you are getting the WOC I think you are already adding a smaller bag. If you think you will use another one, then The pM could be good. I absolutely adore the Metis hobo. I plan on wearing mine crossbody honestly. Love the slouch too. I was concerned about the cracking too, but I decided to just go for it. GL deciding! Try them on in the store and see which one wows you :smile:

I bought the metis hobo about a month ago and it is great! Very functional and beautiful. I too was really liking the Pochette Metis but I think you get a lot more for your money buying the Hobo. I currently carry mine mostly on the shoulder and in future I will purchase a longer strap to wear cross body. It really is a worry free bag good for any weather.