Decisions, decisions ! Help....Sully, Portobello, Speedy B

After a long hiatus of being able to splurge on fun things for myself (thank you bad economy) I'm finally able to get a new bag. I currently carry a Thames DE PM everyday. It's my favorite. I also have a Stresa PM but find it to be large for me for every day. Plus in western PA every surface seems to be covered with salt or snow from November till march!

My choices are:

Sully PM
Portobello PM
Speedy B 25 DE

I'm torn. I like them all. I love the ease of DE but the mono on the sully is very nice. This would be a bag I would carry every day. I like eas and comfort and I think the all fit the bill. I'm not worried about needing a speedy for my collection. I just think its a cute little bag. I generally would carry it with the shoulder strap. The sully and portobello are more my style but I worry about armpit clearance. I also worry about my stuff getting lost. I only carry a Zippy compact wallet, iPhone 4 and case, a card holder and a few odds and ends.

A little about me. I'm 5'6" and about 140 . I have 4 children ages 9, 7, 4, and 2. I'm busy and on the go. I generally carry my children's things in another bag so I can leave it in the stroller or car.

I'm excited to make my purchase hopefully for valentines day. Any input would be great appreciated. Thanks:smile:

Hi, i live in pennsylvania also so i know exactly what you mean about the snow and salt. I love monogram but now am thinking DE may be my favorite. I say go for speedy b! I am looking to purchase my next DE bag..lol. :smile: You cant go wrong with the speedy. Its very versatile.

Best thing is to try them all on. You will then be better able to tell which one looks nicer or suits your style better. I have the Portobello PM. It is a truly worry free bag to use. I don't use any mono bags in winter. It rains a lot where I am. Sully is very nice. I think the PM size is smaller than Portobello PM which you might like more. Speedy B 25 is very cute but I find it very hard to get things in and out of the bag. The opening is a bit small. I ended up with a idylle speedy which is a 30. Much easier to get to things but its a bit big for me as I don't carry much like you.

Don't think I helped much. If you can, try the bags. Out of the 3, I would pick Portobello as an everyday bag.

Hi, i live in pennsylvania also so i know exactly what you mean about the snow and salt. I love monogram but now am thinking DE may be my favorite. I say go for speedy b! I am looking to purchase my next DE bag..lol. :smile: You cant go wrong with the speedy. Its very versatile.

Ugh...the snow, the salt, the rain! Why do I stay in this state? Well DE is perfect for this weather. Are you thinking of a speedy B? It is so very versatile.

Best thing is to try them all on. You will then be better able to tell which one looks nicer or suits your style better. I have the Portobello PM. It is a truly worry free bag to use. I don't use any mono bags in winter. It rains a lot where I am. Sully is very nice. I think the PM size is smaller than Portobello PM which you might like more. Speedy B 25 is very cute but I find it very hard to get things in and out of the bag. The opening is a bit small. I ended up with a idylle speedy which is a 30. Much easier to get to things but its a bit big for me as I don't carry much like you.

Don't think I helped much. If you can, try the bags. Out of the 3, I would pick Portobello as an everyday bag.

I think your analysis is kind of dead on. I was wondering about ease of getting in and out of the 25 and sully. It seems the portobello would be easiest. So do you just love your PM?

i've looked at all 3 and chose speedy b 30. the straps on the sully and portobello were too obstructive to the zipper opening for me and the styles were just a little too plain. i will always be a fan of the speedy.