Decisions decisions, help plz!!

LVlover01

Feb 10, 2014
Hey everyone I'm needing some advice from some fellow LV lovers! OK here's what's been going on in my mind. A long time ago I had bought myself a pre-loved Speedy 30 Monogram and I loved it, still do today but as I been thinking with the new design of the speedy coming out should I get a new speedy of the original design?

Here's where the thought came from. I cleaned my vachetta with baby whipes (after I first got it) which tanned it further(not a problem) but it also dried it out (lesson learned never ever mess with the vachetta lol). Now over time it has regained some shine and it's not completely dry but ever since I did it, it was never the same to me. Now I'm contemplating buying a new one before the redesign because I like the original best.

Here's what is stopping me 1)Quality. I feel like the older bags are thicker and are made to last so if I get a new bag would it even last as long? my current speedy is 15 years old and has plenty of life left.
2) Is it a waste of money? there is nothing wrong with my bag other then some slight dryness. P.s. checked out how much to replace the entire vachetta on my bag and they said pretty much same price as buying a new one that it wasn't worth it.
3) I like the idea of a new one but virgin vachetta makes me so paranoid that's why I don't mind buying preloved because it's always beautifully tanned.

I had bought my Neverfull MM brand new and I always said I should have bought the monogram speedy brand new too, since I love my speedies lol. So let's have a vote new speedy or stick to my speedy. Also I prefer not to buy a newer preloved speedy it's either keep mine or get a new one. All or nothing. Thanks for reading through this long post can't wait to hear what you guys think.

It all depends on if you think it's worth it to get a new one. I also love the look of the current Speedy. You could sell the Speedy you have now and put the difference towards a brand new Speedy. It would be cheaper than replacing the vachetta. That's what I would do. Hope that helped. Good luck!

You have to act fast if you want a original design speedy. I have a original speedy mono that I bought last year but I used it less than 10 times, i found out i am not a handheld person but I love the classic look. So I am planning to buy speedy b instead.

I say go for it. Limited stocks for original design now. You will feel good to have a brandnew classic original style.

Have you tried applying a leather conditioner? That may help with the drying. Since your bag is older and has the thicker canvas, wouldn't you still be better off replacing the vachetta than buying a new one? You'd have the best of both! Thick canvas and new vachetta.

Hey everyone I'm needing some advice from some fellow LV lovers! OK here's what's been going on in my mind. A long time ago I had bought myself a pre-loved Speedy 30 Monogram and I loved it, still do today but as I been thinking with the new design of the speedy coming out should I get a new speedy of the original design?

Here's where the thought came from. I cleaned my vachetta with baby whipes (after I first got it) which tanned it further(not a problem) but it also dried it out (lesson learned never ever mess with the vachetta lol). Now over time it has regained some shine and it's not completely dry but ever since I did it, it was never the same to me. Now I'm contemplating buying a new one before the redesign because I like the original best.

Here's what is stopping me 1)Quality. I feel like the older bags are thicker and are made to last so if I get a new bag would it even last as long? my current speedy is 15 years old and has plenty of life left.
2) Is it a waste of money? there is nothing wrong with my bag other then some slight dryness. P.s. checked out how much to replace the entire vachetta on my bag and they said pretty much same price as buying a new one that it wasn't worth it.
3) I like the idea of a new one but virgin vachetta makes me so paranoid that's why I don't mind buying preloved because it's always beautifully tanned.

I had bought my Neverfull MM brand new and I always said I should have bought the monogram speedy brand new too, since I love my speedies lol. So let's have a vote new speedy or stick to my speedy. Also I prefer not to buy a newer preloved speedy it's either keep mine or get a new one. All or nothing. Thanks for reading through this long post can't wait to hear what you guys think.

Have you considered getting a new 'preloved' - secure that quality is there, pick a good non-dry one, nicely patina-ed?

Edit: If its all or nothing, just love the one that you've got!

Oh, don't get rid of your Speedy just yet. Try Barbara's Lovin' My Bags since she offers a specialized cleaner and deep conditioner that's for LV "vintage" vachetta so it won't darken the leather but cleans it very well and leaves it soft and supple. I use it on my Speedy 30 and Ellipse PM and both are over 16yo.

Have you tried applying a leather conditioner? That may help with the drying. Since your bag is older and has the thicker canvas, wouldn't you still be better off replacing the vachetta than buying a new one? You'd have the best of both! Thick canvas and new vachetta.

I have to say I'm on that same thought. I think I will go and get a quote on how much that would be. I went in the past but I never got an actual quote they just said it would cost as much as a new one that I may as well buy a new one :s

Thanks everyone for all your advice I will get a quote and then decide from there hopefully it's not as much as a new one. I'll keep you guys updated.