Decisions! Decisions! Boots or Bag? New or Old?

My impression is that SAs prefer it when you buy from several different departments so if you like the boots, get the boots! I tried on a pair of ankle boots and they were like wearing butter.

If you will use the boots more, then I'd say go for the boots! Especially since you live in an area where the winters are cold! There's always room for GP later(and you already have an LV Neverfull). Can't wait to see what you decide! ❤️👍

Boots and Kelly!! Both are gorgeous Hermes classics that you won't ever tire of. All the more so since you live in the NE and can use the boots often. I would kill for a pair but they don't fit my calves. :sad:

The GP is always available later if you should want one.

My impression is that SAs prefer it when you buy from several different departments so if you like the boots, get the boots! I tried on a pair of ankle boots and they were like wearing butter.

Thank you for the insight. I know that the smaller stores work that way but I always wondered if Madison works that way because it's so big. I got the impression that H boots are "like butter". Sounds wonderful!!!

My vote is for the new jumping boots and the new Kelly, jyyanks :hugs:

I have the jumping boots and a K35 in etain and love them both so much :heart:

Thanks Vigee!! You have such amazing taste - I've seen both your boots and your Kelly - simply stunning! Perhaps the boots purchase will be on the day of our meet up!

If you will use the boots more, then I'd say go for the boots! Especially since you live in an area where the winters are cold! There's always room for GP later(and you already have an LV Neverfull). Can't wait to see what you decide! ❤️👍

Thank you so much. It won't be until October but I will definitely post a reveal!

J, get the boots. They are amazing and you are lucky to have thin calves to fit. You will not regret it -- they are so chic, dressed up or down.
Thank you for your insight. I was also considering the Fendi moto (I think you have a pair) but given a choice, it would be riding boots first and then moto boots :smile:

sin vergüenza;27423393 said:
Boots and Kelly!! Both are gorgeous Hermes classics that you won't ever tire of. All the more so since you live in the NE and can use the boots often. I would kill for a pair but they don't fit my calves. :sad:

The GP is always available later if you should want one.
So true!!! Classic is key and you're right - GP can come later :smile:

In the penalty box for the next while. Been dreaming if the jumping boots for a while now... And the longer I wait the more expensive it gets each year! Until I am free from ban island I purchased the givenchy shark tooth riding boot as an alternative for half the price? ImageUploadedByPurseForum1411241357.824913.jpgHopefully I can get my hands on the brown riding boots before January.

Good luck and hopefully you will decide on a new H bag soon!

In the penalty box for the next while. Been dreaming if the jumping boots for a while now... And the longer I wait the more expensive it gets each year! Until I am free from ban island I purchased the givenchy shark tooth riding boot as an alternative for half the price? View attachment 2756594Hopefully I can get my hands on the brown riding boots before January.

Good luck and hopefully you will decide on a new H bag soon!
These boots are beautiful! I know what you mean about rising prices. I've been admiring too but have yet to pull the trigger.

I vote for the GP only bc I m more of a bag person and not so much on shoes, also bc I dunno how to take care of my shoes so they will only last a couple years max. Being someone who used to work in Fin, I just see more value since I think a H bag can last a lifetime.
As for K vs PG, I just think you may get more uses out of a K, and can hold more things. I always remind myself to stay focused on my HG and not get diverted altho it is nearly impossible with H! 😂

Elliesaurus - you hit the nail on the head. You're right - the GP is more about reach and reminding my SA that I want a Kelly. I love boots. I have tons but haven't found the perfect pair of riding boots. If I can find a pair of Jumping boots that fit and look great, I would probably stop buying boots every season!!! Thank you for your insight and your honesty. Sometimes, someone else needs to say it for me to realize the truth!

Re: the bolded part - my DH sure wishes that were true when it comes to my spending! Haha

I saw in a different post that you shop at Madison and I think it's different from the other stores because of how the different departments are broken out (that's my home base too). I try to tell myself that there's only so many leather goods I can get in a year and hopefully my SA recognizes that too! So far, it's been working out for me. Hope you get some awesome boots this year and a Kelly to match next year!

for me:

boots instead of GP. GP isn't really my thing.

Kelly instead of passe guide.

Be patient & wait - it will certainly pay off. When it rains it pours especially in my case. I've had soooo many H frustrations - bag available no funds, funds available no bags. But this year i scored huge! 1 B parchemin 35 (i forced myself to buy it bec i'm dying for a 35), then a month later came kelly bleu de malte epsom phw sellier and canopee b35 togo phw - in one day!

so now i'm patiently waiting for an etain kelly and a bambou TB. also thinking about the halzan and / or bourlingue.

good luck and hope my loooong post helped.

I vote for the GP only bc I m more of a bag person and not so much on shoes, also bc I dunno how to take care of my shoes so they will only last a couple years max. Being someone who used to work in Fin, I just see more value since I think a H bag can last a lifetime.
As for K vs PG, I just think you may get more uses out of a K, and can hold more things. I always remind myself to stay focused on my HG and not get diverted altho it is nearly impossible with H! ��

Thanks Piyo!! It's so easy to be diverted, especially when seeing all the lovely reveals on this forum. Even worse is when I step foot in a store because I will easily get diverted :smile: Staying focused is great advice!

Re: the bolded part - my DH sure wishes that were true when it comes to my spending! Haha

I saw in a different post that you shop at Madison and I think it's different from the other stores because of how the different departments are broken out (that's my home base too). I try to tell myself that there's only so many leather goods I can get in a year and hopefully my SA recognizes that too! So far, it's been working out for me. Hope you get some awesome boots this year and a Kelly to match next year!

LOL! Luckily my husband doesn't ever visit tpf so he can't hold me to this statement :smile:

Thank you for the advice on Madison. It is such a different experience then if I go to a smaller store, like Greenwich, where everyone knows you and your purchases. Hopefully my SA will recognize that as well. Thank you for the well wishes.

for me:

boots instead of GP. GP isn't really my thing.

Kelly instead of passe guide.

Be patient & wait - it will certainly pay off. When it rains it pours especially in my case. I've had soooo many H frustrations - bag available no funds, funds available no bags. But this year i scored huge! 1 B parchemin 35 (i forced myself to buy it bec i'm dying for a 35), then a month later came kelly bleu de malte epsom phw sellier and canopee b35 togo phw - in one day!

so now i'm patiently waiting for an etain kelly and a bambou TB. also thinking about the halzan and / or bourlingue.

good luck and hope my loooong post helped.

Excellent advice and one I need to follow. As you said, it IS hard. There are times when I have the money but not the item or the item comes up and I have no $$ (more the later than the former). Hoping I can stay on ban island, save my $$ and then buy what I love. I'm leaning towards boots and Kelly, now I just need to cross my fingers and hope I can get both. Etain Kelly is one of my choices and as you know, I love my Halzan. I get so many compliments and no one knows it's an H. I couldn't be happier with it. Good luck to you as well - I hope you find what you're looking for.

I would also say boots and Kelly. If you have a Neverfull, it's very close to a GP IMO.
However, that's only if you can get the boots to fit. I too have small calves and am petite, and the shorter H jumping boots are actually wider in the calf, so I can't get the boots to be comfortable on me (I count my blessings here, a pair of rouge jumping boots would be irresistible to me if they were comfy).
Great boots in a classic style are nearly as versatile as a great bag.
On the Passe-Guide - these are beautiful bags but they are definitely a vintage look IMO. (There is a beautiful ostrich one in the current Heritage auction although a bit overpriced already.) I think a Kelly is much more versatile, unless you are comfortable with the vintage vibe day in and day out, or already have more Kellys than you need :P Seems to me that where your collection is now, you might want to hold that space for a big dream bag, and a BE Kelly certainly is that :cloud9: