Decisions! Decisions! Boots or Bag? New or Old?

I guess I'm the only one with this opinion but I'd go for the Kelly and the PG. The Garden party doesn't sound like it would suit your needs right now. The Kelly is a dream bag that you will use and the PG is a special piece that offers a different look and use for your wardrobe.

I absolutely adore the jumping boots and have been tempted many times, what holds me back is the fact that I wear a Kelly or birkin almost everyday and I really hate the thought of my boot hardware matching my bag hardware. I'm aware that I may be in the minority here but I thought I'd mention it in case it's something that would bother you as well. If you have a lot of different bag styles in rotation then it's a non issue :smile:

Good luck deciding!

My vote is for the boots! As someone who has both the boots and GP, I definitely use the boots more. I've written before that the GP was a huge dissapointment for me. I originally bought it for work as well but because I carry my laptop and so many files, it's not practical for me to have a non-shoulder carry bag - it gets way too heavy. If I were to do it all over agian, I would definitely get the double sens for work. Now if the decision is between boots and double sens, it would be a hard call!

Hehehehe jyyanks, there IS that....you could satisfy your BE craving for now with the Graphite/BE Double Sens, which is on my list, it's gorgeous, and it's also a shoulder bag. :devil:
A dark neutral and an electric bright in one...and easy to get....

I don't think you will have problems, though, wearing the GP on your shoulder - have you tried it on? I do wish the shoulder GP was around but still, it's an easy shoulder carry to me, and you're petite :smile:

I guess I'm the only one with this opinion but I'd go for the Kelly and the PG. The Garden party doesn't sound like it would suit your needs right now. The Kelly is a dream bag that you will use and the PG is a special piece that offers a different look and use for your wardrobe.

I absolutely adore the jumping boots and have been tempted many times, what holds me back is the fact that I wear a Kelly or birkin almost everyday and I really hate the thought of my boot hardware matching my bag hardware. I'm aware that I may be in the minority here but I thought I'd mention it in case it's something that would bother you as well. If you have a lot of different bag styles in rotation then it's a non issue :smile:

Good luck deciding!

I would make the same choice if it's an option. I actually do have the jumping boots and love them, but as someone who definitely has to make choices about what to buy and when, I feel bags offer a bit more bang for the buck both in terms of frequency of use and longevity. Even with the Passe Guide, if you don't wear it terribly often, it's still something that'll likely last several more generations. I think my jumping boots will last a long while, but I expect my much older black box Kelly to be around way longer than those boots!

The boots are stunning and I don't think you'd regret them. They are terribly elegant, comfortable, and well-made. But I think if someone wanted to trade me a Passe Guide for mine, I'd be inclined to take them up on that. :smile:

(Also agree with Dharma about the hardware issue. You can take the straps off to go incognito, but the look of the straps is part of what's so striking about the boots, and for my style it does limit the occasions on which I wear them.)

Good luck, and show us the results no matter what you choose!

My jumping boots in swift were so comfy I could wear them right away no breaking in and no blisters, also I am only 5 feet in height and they fit me fine, have fun trying them I am sure you will find the perfect pair for you.

No breaking period--that would be a dream!!!! Are they regular or the Asian cut that I've been reading about?

Please try them. I am 5 feet nothing but found I can wear both the Regular and Asian cut Jumpings. It just depends if that particular pair are cut too high at your knees. Have fun deciding!

Wow! You fit in both? Ok that's reassuring. I guess it depends on what the boutique has available but it's nice to hear that you and ladyjane are both my height and can wear these boots. Gives me some hope!

Good luck deciding!

I so wish I can buy both the PG and the Kelly but unfortunately budgets won't allow it, especially with the holidays approaching, DH is celebrating a big bday, and a potential Greece vacation!!

I never thought about the boot hardware matching my bag hardware (that would annoy me!) but I actually tend to use my halzan and bolide more than the B and the K. Still good to note - thank you for bringing that up.

Hehehehe jyyanks, there IS that....you could satisfy your BE craving for now with the Graphite/BE Double Sens, which is on my list, it's gorgeous, and it's also a shoulder bag. :devil:
A dark neutral and an electric bright in one...and easy to get....

I don't think you will have problems, though, wearing the GP on your shoulder - have you tried it on? I do wish the shoulder GP was around but still, it's an easy shoulder carry to me, and you're petite :smile:

LOL - I'm sooooo trying to be good but this forum makes me very very bad!! I've admired the BE/graphite double sens - it's actually the perfect color combo in my opinion!!! I've not see that combo in my store but i did see the blue Izmir/turquoise one which was really nice but too "summer-like" for me.

I've never tried the GP. They always have them on display but I've never actually asked to see one. I may be pleasantly surprised. I find with H, I'm always surprised and I never buy what I think I'm going to buy. ;)

Looks like it's going to be up to the H gods -- I'm planning on visiting the store soon so we'll see what's there and what I end up with!!

I would make the same choice if it's an option. I actually do have the jumping boots and love them, but as someone who definitely has to make choices about what to buy and when, I feel bags offer a bit more bang for the buck both in terms of frequency of use and longevity. Even with the Passe Guide, if you don't wear it terribly often, it's still something that'll likely last several more generations. I think my jumping boots will last a long while, but I expect my much older black box Kelly to be around way longer than those boots!

The boots are stunning and I don't think you'd regret them. They are terribly elegant, comfortable, and well-made. But I think if someone wanted to trade me a Passe Guide for mine, I'd be inclined to take them up on that. :smile:

(Also agree with Dharma about the hardware issue. You can take the straps off to go incognito, but the look of the straps is part of what's so striking about the boots, and for my style it does limit the occasions on which I wear them.)

Good luck, and show us the results no matter what you choose!

I wish I could get the PG and the Kelly but budget will not allow for it unfortunately!! The money tree is not growing fast enough! I do have a lot to think about. While Kelly and Boots are "winning", the others are still not out of contention. It will depend on what happens once I step foot in the boutique - God help me!

Thanks for the tip on the removable hardware. Will need to see how they look with and without the straps.

No breaking period--that would be a dream!!!! Are they regular or the Asian cut that I've been reading about?

Wow! You fit in both? Ok that's reassuring. I guess it depends on what the boutique has available but it's nice to hear that you and ladyjane are both my height and can wear these boots. Gives me some hope!

Mine is the regular style, good luck with whatever you decide

The Asian cut is wider, so i would try the regular cut first. They fit me fine in height and I am 5'2" on a good day ;) I just could not get them to fit my high-arched feet. Your orthotics might help here.

The Asian cut is wider, so i would try the regular cut first. They fit me fine in height and I am 5'2" on a good day ;) I just could not get them to fit my high-arched feet. Your orthotics might help here.

Never thought I'd see the day where my orthotics actually helped me fit in a shoe rather than the complete opposite! As you can imagine, they've been quite limiting but I promised the Dr, I would wear them when I'm out and about as long as I can wear my 5 inch heels in the office or going out!!! Crossing my fingers that this will be the case.