Decision Time!!!

Prada Psycho said:
Yeah I saw it on Styledrops too, Jill. Nothing personal to anyone that has it, but BLECH! :yucky: It's largely the brown leather that makes it pretty, to me anyway. In black, it looks like just another bag. I also have a thing about black bags. Somehow I equate black bags (except evening clutches) with old ladies: think Aunt Bea on Andy Griffith.

I so would like to see the brown in IRL or talk to someone that's seen it. I'm curious about the measurements and the lining. I'm hoping (probably in vain) that it's leather lined but considering the even MORE expensive ones are logo fabric lined, I figure that's what this one has. :shrugs:
Omg that is the reason I don't own too many black bags! I thought I was the only one!

Well, I really love the Gauffre in that style. I think the size is perfect and it's one of my favorite bags! The dragon bag is really beautiful but If I had to pick one, I'd get the Gauffre! :yes:

Audrey said:
Omg that is the reason I don't own too many black bags! I thought I was the only one!

Well, I really love the Gauffre in that style. I think the size is perfect and it's one of my favorite bags! The dragon bag is really beautiful but If I had to pick one, I'd get the Gauffre! :yes:

We are obviously kindred spirits, Audrey!:lol:

I like the styling of the Gauffre and it's definitely more versatile for day to day use, but when I talked to Nancy at Prada and had her measure it for me, I nearly fainted!!! She's about my size and said that when she put it over her shoulder it consumed her. And THIS is the "smaller" Gauffre!! As to the dragon, as I said on the other thread if the tan satchel that's coming doesn't quite cut it for me, I'll (groan) wait for the dragon bag. I'm secretely hoping I love, love the tan satchel though. Partly because it's less expensive, partly because I'll have it now (delayed gratification is NOT my forte!). I'm also a bit concerned that with all the metal on it and the dragon being 3D that it might be too heavy for my tastes or that the dragon clasp might end up grabbing my clothing or getting caught on something. Hey for this kind of cash, I WANT PERFECT!!!:nuts:

We are obviously kindred spirits, Audrey!:lol:

I like the styling of the Gauffre and it's definitely more versatile for day to day use, but when I talked to Nancy at Prada and had her measure it for me, I nearly fainted!!! She's about my size and said that when she put it over her shoulder it consumed her. And THIS is the "smaller" Gauffre!! As to the dragon, as I said on the other thread if the tan satchel that's coming doesn't quite cut it for me, I'll (groan) wait for the dragon bag. I'm secretely hoping I love, love the tan satchel though. Partly because it's less expensive, partly because I'll have it now (delayed gratification is NOT my forte!). I'm also a bit concerned that with all the metal on it and the dragon being 3D that it might be too heavy for my tastes or that the dragon clasp might end up grabbing my clothing or getting caught on something. Hey for this kind of cash, I WANT PERFECT!!!:nuts:

I'm 5'10 so that may be why I think it's perfect sized. Are they getting any more Gauffre in? My suggestion would be to have them send it and try it yourself to see if you really like it. It never occurred to me before you mentioned it but the clasp on the dragon bag might catch on to fabric. I really hope not because the bag is so gorgeous... :love:

and ITA, for this kind of money everything needs to be perfect. Thats why when I'm in the store I stand there for 20 minutes AFTER I decide on a bag and inspect it completely. I want perfection!

Audrey said:
Thats why when I'm in the store I stand there for 20 minutes AFTER I decide on a bag and inspect it completely. I want perfection!

Maybe I should just have you be my personal shopper. You can go to the Prada shop and check things out for me then have them ship it to NC. Hey, there's a plan!! :nuts:

I would not have liked the Gauffre. I had just sent back a Michael Kors bag that measured out exactly as the Gauffre because I felt like I had an overnight bag instead of a handbag. Or as I told the SA at Prada: I could have fit two laptops into it!!! Just not my style! :shrugs:

Maybe I should just have you be my personal shopper. You can go to the Prada shop and check things out for me then have them ship it to NC. Hey, there's a plan!! :nuts:

Ahahah! My friends sometimes ask me to shop for them because I'm so into details. On bags I check EVERYTHING... it's sad. The inside fabric, the thread, zippers, seems, stiching, make sure the fabric/leather is perfect... I'm too picky. Sometimes I think SAs are scared of me! :roflmfao: