Decision time .. flamingo Constance

lum709

O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
Hi ladies,

I got a surprise phonecall from SA and offered a flamingo constance 24 in silver hardware, I have never seen the bag IRL.

I dont want to purchase it just for the sake of it, although I understand how rare a Constance is.

I have hinted I would like to own a B or K. At the moment I only have a GP and few small items and Im new to H.

Do you ladies think its a everyday bag? (i usually only need my cell, coin purse, keys, no wallet, chapstick everyday)

thank you.

Depends on you. Constance is not personally my favorite bag and I couldn't get away with such a small bag everyday, but many ladies do and they look heavenly!
Would flamingo fit into your usual clothing colors?

Hi ladies,

I got a surprise phonecall from SA and offered a flamingo constance 24 in silver hardware, I have never seen the bag IRL.

I dont want to purchase it just for the sake of it, although I understand how rare a Constance is.

I have hinted I would like to own a B or K. At the moment I only have a GP and few small items and Im new to H.

Do you ladies think its a everyday bag? (i usually only need my cell, coin purse, keys, no wallet, chapstick everyday)

thank you.

If this is all you need to use, then the Constance would definitely do the job. However, does the colour work for you? (I'm assuming yes since it doesn't seem to be an issue?) and what is the leather? If it was swift, I would pass if it was for an everyday bag. Special occasionally yes, but I'd be too precious about true softness of this leather v Epsom.

And will this preclude you from buying something you really want - B or K?

I am a small bag person and the Constance 24 would absolutely fit what you need on a daily basis (I have one in the same size). Mine is in box leather, which I definitely can't baby but I do find a lot of opportunities to use it, whether it's a dressy event or just going out to the grocery store.

Some things to consider:
1. You wanted a B or a K. Don't settle for a C if it's not what you want. Try it in the store and see what you think. It might surprise you.
2. Flamingo might not be an everyday color just because it might not match everything (mine is black) but you might be one of those people who doesn't need to be matchy-matchy, in which case, it would be ok.
3. Everyday-ness also depends on the leather. You didn't mention the leather that it was offered it; if it's delicate, then maybe that's not the one to go.

Hope that gives you some food for thought! Don't buy it for the rarity factor. There's no obligation and it's too much to spend for something you don't love.

I am a small bag person and the Constance 24 would absolutely fit what you need on a daily basis (I have one in the same size). Mine is in box leather, which I definitely can't baby but I do find a lot of opportunities to use it, whether it's a dressy event or just going out to the grocery store.

Some things to consider:
1. You wanted a B or a K. Don't settle for a C if it's not what you want. Try it in the store and see what you think. It might surprise you.
2. Flamingo might not be an everyday color just because it might not match everything (mine is black) but you might be one of those people who doesn't need to be matchy-matchy, in which case, it would be ok.
3. Everyday-ness also depends on the leather. You didn't mention the leather that it was offered it; if it's delicate, then maybe that's not the one to go.

Hope that gives you some food for thought! Don't buy it for the rarity factor. There's no obligation and it's too much to spend for something you don't love.
+1

Great advice! Look at it and see if the color sings and if it can fit with your lifestyle. Also ask yourself, if you buy the flamingo constance and a B or K comes along, would you regret buying it?

The size will fit your daily essentials. As others have said, you may want to consider:
- is this the color you want? will it go with your wardrobe?
- do you like the leather and hardware?
- do you like a bag with flap opening (I don't as I find it's a bit hard to get in and out--I don't use my K much for the same reason)?
- will you still want B or K after you get this? are you able to get both C and then B/K? If so, why not get both?
- will you use it? often?

Try it out in real life and see if it will fit your personal items inside. And see if it makes your heart sings (which can be tough because most H items make my heart sings). :biggrin:

The size will fit your daily essentials. As others have said, you may want to consider:
- is this the color you want? will it go with your wardrobe?
- do you like the leather and hardware?
- do you like a bag with flap opening (I don't as I find it's a bit hard to get in and out--I don't use my K much for the same reason)?
- will you still want B or K after you get this? are you able to get both C and then B/K? If so, why not get both?
- will you use it? often?

Try it out in real life and see if it will fit your personal items inside. And see if it makes your heart sings (which can be tough because most H items make my heart sings). :biggrin:

I am with this

thank you ladies for all your input .... definitely something to think about...

the leather is Epsom, which I do like for the structured look.. but no, if I get this C Ill have nomore funds for the B or K (god knows when I'll be offered one ?)

the color .. I googled, some seem to be more pink, others more peachy/red ... guess I should go visit the store ... like other ladies here " Inever leave the store empty handed" ... and Ive stayed away for 1.5mth now ... lol

however i do like brighter colors as my wardrobe is pretty blend .... but yes ... I should not settle for sthg
I dont truely love .. if I decide to get it will definitely post pics.

thank you all and have a great weekend.

I would recommend that you go in and take it look in person

I have Constance rough H ghw and love it. Even though small but fits what you mentioned. I even had an NBA player told me that he loved the bag!!

as to the color - I have flamingo epsom B - I love the color

go take it look in person...I think someone mention in the forum - constance may be harder now a days to get

This is my Constance élan, flamingo, shw and also in Epsom. Go see it IRL before making a decision and ask your SA how it affects your chances for B or K.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 385
Please don't buy it because it's hard to find a Constance. If it's not going be used frequently and you prefer the Birkin or Kelly than yes buying it may in fact affect your chance of being offered another bag soon. I have turned down a few and will not buy it in just any colour, leather or size just because there are fewer being made. That has obviously changed as when I started collecting, the Constance was rested and now it's back. It has to suit you, only you will know the answer when you see it. I applaud your self control!