Decision on Birkin

What should I do???

• Buy Birkin...

• Hold out for something I really want and buy agenda in the meantime...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pursemama said:
Go to sleep Irissy....:lol: it's 4:50am here, but I have a good excuse I have stomach ache :huh: .

I was listing things up on ebay so I ended up sleeping at 5am. I was all deliriously tired by then. :lol: Sorry to hear about your stomach ache. Are you feeling better now? Drink warm liquid and pop in a Mylanta pill.

Irissy said:
And the horsehair might go "bald" too. Just keep telling that to yourself. :lol:

:lol: That was a HUGE stab against it! I asked my SA if the hair can be put back, but he said no. I also asked if that panel could be replaced by leather when it gets damaged...the answer was also no :lol: So it doesnt sound like a long term bag at all!

I might go in right now to look at it again though, don't ask me why! I'm sure its still there since they've had it over a week and no buyers!

Noriko said:
:lol: That was a HUGE stab against it! I asked my SA if the hair can be put back, but he said no. I also asked if that panel could be replaced by leather when it gets damaged...the answer was also no :lol: So it doesnt sound like a long term bag at all!

I might go in right now to look at it again though, don't ask me why! I'm sure its still there since they've had it over a week and no buyers!
:lol: :lol: Oh my god... I laughed my FLAT ASS OFF when I saw this posting about the bag going bald... I've seen horse hair before on bags and I've always wondered if it smells funny ( like a wet dog ) when it gets hit by rain. :blink: . I wish I could see a picture of this bag. Maybe you could take a cell phone pic and download it.:idea: then we could all make a proper judgment on this. By the way my husband thinks I'm crazy about this blog... I just joined a week ago but couldn't respond till a few days ago.:smile: :nuts:

get teh birkin. its really rare. but if you wanted a smaller size, i suggest u get on the waiting list like my mom. well actually im not sure about birkins in hawaii but in LA its rare here :O

andork said:
get teh birkin. its really rare. but if you wanted a smaller size, i suggest u get on the waiting list like my mom. well actually im not sure about birkins in hawaii but in LA its rare here :O

:amazed: No, no, don't get it for it's rarity, unless you're a collector or have a tonne of money sitting around with nothing better to put it to.

Wait to get the one you want so you'll love it, love it, love it!:biggrin:

andork said:

Are they fulfilling all of the orders for the list in LA? Over here they can't, so a lot of people were told the bag would never be made after waiting 3 years:cry: No list here, but I'm hoping that they bring it back eventually. Birkins aren't really so rare here, I've heard they come in a lot, its just that people buy them 5 minutes or less after they get put on the floor.

Speaking of LA, what is that boutique on Rodeo Drive that has all the birkins displayed but it by appointment only? Looks like a high end consignment shop. I've been dying to check it out but keep forgetting to research and make an appointment :biggrin:

I'd hold out for something you truly love. I would hate to think of buying a birkin that you end up not liking and being stuck with it. I bet there's someone out that thinks that is their perfect Birkin bag, you'll find yours and really love it.

BeccaLynn07 said:
I'd hold out for something you truly love. I would hate to think of buying a birkin that you end up not liking and being stuck with it. I bet there's someone out that thinks that is their perfect Birkin bag, you'll find yours and really love it.

That is soooo true! It would have been selfish of me to deprive that person of their dream bag :biggrin: Speaking of which, I called my SA and it was sold today, so hopefully that person truly loved it~!

btw, I don't know how frequently the prices go up, I'll check with my SA though :biggrin:

Good luck, Noriko! I think you definitely should check out the nice consignment shops, where they sell bags that have only been carried once or never carried at all, but re-sold.
But -- fingers crossed that your ideal bag comes into the store because that is the most fun, in the end!

Wait!!! A birkin is a major investment and it is worth getting the one you dream of owning- don't settle!!! You would only regret it later.

I don't know if this will help, but the NM store where I live gave me the impression that the wait list is open- just 2 years- but are taking orders. So, if you are ready to finally make the purchase of all purchases, it might be worth giving them a call (248) 643-3300.
I hope you get it!!! And if you do, you MUST post pics!!! DROOL!!!

^^^wow thanks! I'll be calling, I didnt know that NM had a list as well :biggrin: If I get it in 2 years, I'll definitely post pics, hopefully its sooner though! I'd love to have it before I turn 25 damn it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.