Decision M/L beige caviar vs french riviera

MG4727

Nov 15, 2012
I bought a red large French Riviera for Christmas but I'm having 2nd thoughts. I kept on telling myself I should have gotten a classic flap instead. I wanted a red color classic flap but I talked to my SA today and she said NM has no red available. I want caviar red 12a.
So should I exchange my French Riviera to a classic m/l beige claire?

I have Black GST GHW, WOC black GHW and small black caviar flap in my classic collection:

image-3686008425.jpg

Here's a pic of my Red FR:

image-884864384.jpg

MG4727 said:
I bought a red large French Riviera for Christmas but I'm having 2nd thoughts. I kept on telling myself I should have gotten a classic flap instead. I wanted a red color classic flap but I talked to my SA today and she said NM has no red available. I want caviar red 12a.
So should I exchange my French Riviera to a classic m/l beige claire?

I have Black GST GHW, WOC black GHW and small black caviar flap in my classic collection:

Here's a pic of my Red FR:
Yes. Definitely get the beige Claire with GHW. Gorgeous combo! Classic bag. Riveria is not classic. Or... Get a red GST as I see you like that also. My SA has a red one and I am about to post it in authentic finds in case you are interested.

Thanks girl :smile: I appreciate your help. I think this is a good time to exchange since the price increase is coming very soon. My SA told me to get whatever is available now as price may increase next month :smile:
Every Chanel girl I think needs a beige Claire with ghw in their classic collection. Eventually i will have to buy one anyway so im telling myself why not get it now while its available. I'm just sad I didn't look for a red caviar flap last fall.
I thought I would be happy to get a seasonal due to its price point. Although its practical, it doesn't really define a Chanel (timeless and elegance).
I just realized classic is the way to go for a Chanel. The quality and look of a classic is ageless :smile:

Thanks girl :smile: I appreciate your help. I think this is a good time to exchange since the price increase is coming very soon. My SA told me to get whatever is available now as price may increase next month :smile:
Every Chanel girl I think needs a beige Claire with ghw in their classic collection. Eventually i will have to buy one anyway so im telling myself why not get it now while its available. I'm just sad I didn't look for a red caviar flap last fall.
I thought I would be happy to get a seasonal due to its price point. Although its practical, it doesn't really define a Chanel (timeless and elegance).
I just realized classic is the way to go for a Chanel. The quality and look of a classic is ageless :smile:

That is EXACTLY 100% the way I feel. The seaonal bags are always "off" a bit to me, so I only buy the classics.

Good luck to you! And beige with GHW is just gorgeous!

I think the right red is worth waiting for! My question for you is, do you want your collection to be just classics or do you like the thought of combining some seasonal pieces? I don't think one should think that they 'need' to have a classic with a specific color combo in order to have a drool worthy collection. Some pieces aren't as gorgeous as others but as long as you love it, it shouldn't matter if it is a classic or seasonal. If the beige with ghw was a seasonal bag and not classic, would you still want it? Or if the FR was a classic style, would you want it even more? It looks like you have some classic pieces already and it would great to add seasonal ones if you LOVE it! But not if you're having second thoughts.

If your heart is really set on that red jumbo maybe you should try contacting BG. I was able to purchase a 12A red jumbo from BG recently but had to return it this week due to some issues and exchanged it for a 13C red jumbo. They told me that was the last 12A they had but who knows. Maybe you'd get lucky and be able to get one from them. It seems like everyone who was lucky enough to score a 12A red jumbo got it from them.

Hi TS, you only want a m/l flap in caviar? how about the gorgeous sexy 13C red in lambskin?? :love:

If you insisted on caviar, perhaps beige claire GHW M/L flap would be lovely!! :smile:

PS: I don't like the French Riviera flap for some reasons, it's soft and not structured & not full leather lining, no puffy quilts and not as luxurious as a classic flap. I would rather save the amount spending on FR and go for something really classic, a 2.55/classic flap or another GST in Beige Claire GHW! :heart:

i guess I am the odd one out here but I think your red french riveria is absolutely GORGEOUS!! this collection was sold out in my country very very fast.

I love chanel classic pieces but I think it will be great fun to have some seasonal pieces as well, and FR is totally the seasonal piece I will want to get for my collection (if only I can still find it :P)

Thank you ladies for your reply. I decided to go with beige claire m/l. I got lucky this morning because I was able to get a brand new "made in france" in 17xxx series caviar in GHW. Perfect combo! I'm so happy I was able to get this. My NM SA said this is a new delivery which arrived yesterday. She took it out of the packaging right in front of me so it has never been touched by any client except me.I feel like its meant to be mine :smile:

image-1609933748.jpg

image-1240331293.jpg

ririan said:
i guess I am the odd one out here but I think your red french riveria is absolutely GORGEOUS!! this collection was sold out in my country very very fast.

I love chanel classic pieces but I think it will be great fun to have some seasonal pieces as well, and FR is totally the seasonal piece I will want to get for my collection (if only I can still find it :P)

Thanks girl. Yes it's pretty but I find the classic prettier considering that prices will increase soon. My SA said its also sold out in NM. I asked if there's black available and she said its sold out :sad:

samanthatyy said:
Hi TS, you only want a m/l flap in caviar? how about the gorgeous sexy 13C red in lambskin?? :love:

If you insisted on caviar, perhaps beige claire GHW M/L flap would be lovely!! :smile:

PS: I don't like the French Riviera flap for some reasons, it's soft and not structured & not full leather lining, no puffy quilts and not as luxurious as a classic flap. I would rather save the amount spending on FR and go for something really classic, a 2.55/classic flap or another GST in Beige Claire GHW! :heart:

thanks girl. I felt the same way. I would rather use my FR money and go with a classic. Congrats on your red lamb. I'm still afraid to get a lamb because although its luxurious looking, im afraid it can easily get scratched etc. Maybe in the future I will have the courage to get one :smile:

MG4727 said:
Thank you ladies for your reply. I decided to go with beige claire m/l. I got lucky this morning because I was able to get a brand new "made in france" in 17xxx series caviar in GHW. Perfect combo! I'm so happy I was able to get this. My NM SA said this is a new delivery which arrived yesterday. She took it out of the packaging right in front of me so it has never been touched by any client except me.I feel like its meant to be mine :smile:

Best choice ever! Gorgeous bag! A classic. Congrats!