Decision - first H purchase

Newchanel

Jan 10, 2015
I chanced upon this bag whilst in Europe and decided in under 10 mins to get it. I was always keen on a Kelly but they didn't have any in the shop.

I'm not too familiar with H but I think this is a Lindy 26 in Clemence leather (?) rouge grenat...

It's still sitting nicely in the box at home so the only picture is this from the shop.

Should I keep this and get a Kelly in future? Or should I keep. I love the colour and this looks like a nice casual bag that goes well with jeans though too small for my ipad. Would/ could you wear it into the office?

Thoughts pls..

IMG_1486581721.006266.jpg

Last edited:
It's a gorgeous bag in a beautiful color, but does it make your heart sing? I have had buyer'a remorse over several H purchases in the past, so when that happens, I always think about it for a day or two, and then reassess whether or not I think it's the right bag for me. I adore my Lindy (I'm actually carrying it today)...it's a very comfortable, casual bag. As for whether or not you could take it to the offfice, I think that absolutely depends on the culture in which you work.

Reactions: Hermezzy
Lindy can be hand/arm/shoulder carry, and it is quite roomy for daily use. If not fitting an iPad would limit your usage, then I would pass and wait for Kelly. Although I don’t know if iPad fit in a Kelly...

I would keep it because of the color. If you happen to get a Kelly in the same color, then give Lindy a new home.

I think it's gorgeous! Rouge Grenat is such a beautiful red and it looks like you have gold hardware, which adds to its warmth and beauty. But if you don't absolutely love it, you should exchange it.

Reactions: Hermezzy
I love it! Lovely color! I think you will unexpectedly get a lot of mileage from it. I use it mainly as a daytime bag (lunches, shopping, going out with my 2yo toddler). I do have a 30 though which fits more than what you have.

I don't own a Lindy myself but I have heard it's a very practical bag from those who own it. Keep it only if you are convinced that you love it and will use it. H bags are too expensive to have second thoughts about [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Thank you ladies.. I'm going to keep it!

I do love the colour. I also had the choice of a 30 in gold colour with silver hardware which did fit my iPad but I thought this size fitted better when I carried it and I prefer the colour.

So... I'd continue looking out for my Kelly (only when I travel because it's seriously outrageously priced in my country) which means I probably have 1 at most 2 chance a year to get a Kelly.. but oh well.

Thank you ladies.. I'm going to keep it!

I do love the colour. I also had the choice of a 30 in gold colour with silver hardware which did fit my iPad but I thought this size fitted better when I carried it and I prefer the colour.

So... I'd continue looking out for my Kelly (only when I travel because it's seriously outrageously priced in my country) which means I probably have 1 at most 2 chance a year to get a Kelly.. but oh well.

Glad you decided to keep it! RG is such a lovely red. The kelly and lindy are two v different styles, i use mine alot the sling/side pockets make it so user friendly. GL on your kelly search.

I'm glad that you are going to keep it. It's a beautiful bag and very light too. I recently purchased my lindy 26 in Cuivre in London but I'm not in love with the colour and yet I got it as it's crazily expensive to get it in my country. I've not regretted my purchase though.

I bring it to work everyday and I work with very young children. It's the casual look which I like and it suits my line of work.