Decision - first H purchase

Newchanel

Jan 10, 2015
I chanced upon this bag whilst in Europe and decided in under 10 mins to get it. I was always keen on a Kelly but they didn't have any in the shop.

I'm not too familiar with H but I think this is a Lindy 26 in Clemence leather (?) rouge grenat...

It's still sitting nicely in the box at home so the only picture is this from the shop.

Should I keep this and get a Kelly in future? Or should I keep. I love the colour and this looks like a nice casual bag that goes well with jeans though too small for my ipad. Would/ could you wear it into the office?

Thoughts pls..

IMG_1486581721.006266.jpg

Last edited:

hclubfan

O.G.
Mar 25, 2010
It's a gorgeous bag in a beautiful color, but does it make your heart sing? I have had buyer'a remorse over several H purchases in the past, so when that happens, I always think about it for a day or two, and then reassess whether or not I think it's the right bag for me. I adore my Lindy (I'm actually carrying it today)...it's a very comfortable, casual bag. As for whether or not you could take it to the offfice, I think that absolutely depends on the culture in which you work.

Reactions: Hermezzy

ehy12

O.G.
Aug 4, 2008
The Lindy is one of my favorite bags!! I love that color combo with ghw too! But only keep if you love it!!

shopaholicious

Shopaholic
O.G.
Jan 25, 2008
SF Bay Area
Lindy can be hand/arm/shoulder carry, and it is quite roomy for daily use. If not fitting an iPad would limit your usage, then I would pass and wait for Kelly. Although I don’t know if iPad fit in a Kelly...

I would keep it because of the color. If you happen to get a Kelly in the same color, then give Lindy a new home.

honhon

Jan 18, 2011
lindy is one of my favourite bag in the world. its chic, easy, casual, and most of all practical.

smallfry

My Sweet Angel
O.G.
Dec 18, 2005
USA
I think it's gorgeous! Rouge Grenat is such a beautiful red and it looks like you have gold hardware, which adds to its warmth and beauty. But if you don't absolutely love it, you should exchange it.

Reactions: Hermezzy

odette57

O.G.
Jan 3, 2010
California
I love it! Lovely color! I think you will unexpectedly get a lot of mileage from it. I use it mainly as a daytime bag (lunches, shopping, going out with my 2yo toddler). I do have a 30 though which fits more than what you have.

Apr 9, 2015
I don't own a Lindy myself but I have heard it's a very practical bag from those who own it. Keep it only if you are convinced that you love it and will use it. H bags are too expensive to have second thoughts about [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Lollipop15

O.G.
May 1, 2010
I love my lindy in size 26 and I carry it everywhere. You can have both lindy and kelly in your collection. [emoji1]

Newchanel

Jan 10, 2015
Thank you ladies.. I'm going to keep it!

I do love the colour. I also had the choice of a 30 in gold colour with silver hardware which did fit my iPad but I thought this size fitted better when I carried it and I prefer the colour.

So... I'd continue looking out for my Kelly (only when I travel because it's seriously outrageously priced in my country) which means I probably have 1 at most 2 chance a year to get a Kelly.. but oh well.

GNIPPOHS

Mar 5, 2013
Thank you ladies.. I'm going to keep it!

I do love the colour. I also had the choice of a 30 in gold colour with silver hardware which did fit my iPad but I thought this size fitted better when I carried it and I prefer the colour.

So... I'd continue looking out for my Kelly (only when I travel because it's seriously outrageously priced in my country) which means I probably have 1 at most 2 chance a year to get a Kelly.. but oh well.
Glad you decided to keep it! RG is such a lovely red. The kelly and lindy are two v different styles, i use mine alot the sling/side pockets make it so user friendly. GL on your kelly search.

Sarah Ali

Jun 13, 2015
I'm glad that you are going to keep it. It's a beautiful bag and very light too. I recently purchased my lindy 26 in Cuivre in London but I'm not in love with the colour and yet I got it as it's crazily expensive to get it in my country. I've not regretted my purchase though.

I bring it to work everyday and I work with very young children. It's the casual look which I like and it suits my line of work.