Decision Decisions (Gris Mouette vs. Bleu Glacier)

lenaf4ever

Nov 5, 2015
Hi Everyone!
I am curious if anyone can let me know if there is a big difference between the two colors Gris Mouette and Bleu Glacier. I have heard that they are relatively similar but would someone happen to have / seen both colors in person? Do you think the two colors are too similar to eachother?

I am asking as I am stuck in between deciding on my next bag color. I am a big fan of greys and neutrals. I have currently, a birkin 25 with silver in gris mouette and LOVE the color. However, my SA said they are re-offering Bleu Glacier this year and asked if I would be open to it. She called but I honestly have no idea what the Bleu Glacier looks in person. My lovely SA told me it's super similar to gris mouette....so obviously...my heart jumped a bit haha.

Now, ideally I am hoping to add a kelly 28 with gold, sellier if I ever am offered one. Any H experts and lovers are able to chime in to help me decide on this? I am so torn! I am scared that the Bleu Glacier may be too similar to my Gris Mouette.

My 2nd option would be to look for a Gris Perle in a kelly on the preloved market.... hoping for a box calf, tadelakt in a 28, sellier if I ever come across one.

Would love to hear any advice!! :smile:

Reactions: motled and tramcaro
I think they are too similar unless you want multiple bags in the same family. To me Acier has a touch of blue and Mouette is greyer. I would advise you to ask and wait for the Gold Kelly. This would give you a lot more variation, but only if you love Gold. There is no Gris Perle Box. HTH!

Hi Everyone!
I am curious if anyone can let me know if there is a big difference between the two colors Gris Mouette and Bleu Glacier. I have heard that they are relatively similar but would someone happen to have / seen both colors in person? Do you think the two colors are too similar to eachother?

I am asking as I am stuck in between deciding on my next bag color. I am a big fan of greys and neutrals. I have currently, a birkin 25 with silver in gris mouette and LOVE the color. However, my SA said they are re-offering Bleu Glacier this year and asked if I would be open to it. She called but I honestly have no idea what the Bleu Glacier looks in person. My lovely SA told me it's super similar to gris mouette....so obviously...my heart jumped a bit haha.

Now, ideally I am hoping to add a kelly 28 with gold, sellier if I ever am offered one. Any H experts and lovers are able to chime in to help me decide on this? I am so torn! I am scared that the Bleu Glacier may be too similar to my Gris Mouette.

My 2nd option would be to look for a Gris Perle in a kelly on the preloved market.... hoping for a box calf, tadelakt in a 28, sellier if I ever come across one.

Ope your wardrobe wide ad check if the colours you wear ted towards the cool or the warm. Go towards Gold of there are plenty warm tones represented, BG is resolutely cool and soft. GM is a fabulous grey somewhere more the middle, GP can look a sophisticated pale that also goes with lots whatever, but you'll have to look at other leathers.

I think they are very close, with Glacier being a touch bluer. If you love your GM and want more bags like it then I’d get Glacier in a K/C to complement your B. However, if you’re going for a more streamlined collection then Gold will certainly provide more diversification as it’s on the other end of the spectrum.

If you ask me, I’d hold on to that GM and stick with Gold for my next bag.

Ope your wardrobe wide ad check if the colours you wear ted towards the cool or the warm. Go towards Gold of there are plenty warm tones represented, BG is resolutely cool and soft. GM is a fabulous grey somewhere more the middle, GP can look a sophisticated pale that also goes with lots whatever, but you'll have to look at other leathers.

This is super helpful and I totally agree. I do wear a lot of neutrals in general. Most of my b/k/c's are pretty much the same thing. The warmest color I have is a etoupe kelly 25 in gold hardware. I think for some odd reason, I am so drawn to cool tone greys, which is why I was obsessed with the GM color when it first came out.

I thought the bleu glacier would somehow be a nice "pop" of slight color given that I don't have a blue yet. I guess it's a safety without being too bright. I use to have a bleu paradise b25, but ended up rehoming after realizing eventhough I LOVE bright colors, having them as bags just doesn't do much for me. Bright color bags for me just end up sitting there in my closet, accumulating dust bunnies LOL.

That is why I feel like if somehow my SA offers me a bleu glacier, I really want it with gold hardware so then it is different from GM just by hardware? I think having it in a gold hardware givens a relatively formal look? Right now my GM birkin 25 is with palladium....

I think they are very close, with Glacier being a touch bluer. If you love your GM and want more bags like it then I’d get Glacier in a K/C to complement your B. However, if you’re going for a more streamlined collection then Gold will certainly provide more diversification as it’s on the other end of the spectrum.

If you ask me, I’d hold on to that GM and stick with Gold for my next bag.

Thank you so much for this clarification!!! I kept googling for pictures of GM vs. BG and literally took forever for me to find, legit can't tell the different. Think you're right now, the BG does have this slightly more blue-ish tint to it.

Ugh i just love the grey color family so much, and thought the GM would be something like a slight "pop" of color without being too overboard.

I think if I were to get a gold color...it would really have to be a Barenia sellier kelly haha (out of my mind and too particular). I gave the gold retourne togo a try and didn't like it as much as the grey color family...idk why :sad:

I have both bags in Epsom and Togo leather and they are actually very similar. If not compared to side-by-side, you would hardly notice the difference. Also would vote for the gold, but only if you love it as a neutral just as much as grey.

THATS SO AMAZING!!! any chance you can share a pic of your babies side by side? I am really curious how it looks right next to eachother :idea::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::heart::heart::heart::angel::amuse::smile:

Reactions: tramcaro
This is super helpful and I totally agree. I do wear a lot of neutrals in general. Most of my b/k/c's are pretty much the same thing. The warmest color I have is a etoupe kelly 25 in gold hardware. I think for some odd reason, I am so drawn to cool tone greys, which is why I was obsessed with the GM color when it first came out.

I thought the bleu glacier would somehow be a nice "pop" of slight color given that I don't have a blue yet. I guess it's a safety without being too bright. I use to have a bleu paradise b25, but ended up rehoming after realizing eventhough I LOVE bright colors, having them as bags just doesn't do much for me. Bright color bags for me just end up sitting there in my closet, accumulating dust bunnies LOL.

That is why I feel like if somehow my SA offers me a bleu glacier, I really want it with gold hardware so then it is different from GM just by hardware? I think having it in a gold hardware givens a relatively formal look? Right now my GM birkin 25 is with palladium....

For a cool 'pop' you may like pre-loved Ciel instead

Thank you so much for this clarification!!! I kept googling for pictures of GM vs. BG and literally took forever for me to find, legit can't tell the different. Think you're right now, the BG does have this slightly more blue-ish tint to it.

Ugh i just love the grey color family so much, and thought the GM would be something like a slight "pop" of color without being too overboard.

I think if I were to get a gold color...it would really have to be a Barenia sellier kelly haha (out of my mind and too particular). I gave the gold retourne togo a try and didn't like it as much as the grey color family...idk why :sad:

I think BG may not be enough “pop” for you.. At a glance, it looks very similar to GM if not side by side.

Haha, I have a Barenia K and am thinking about GM now. It never ends does it?

Reactions: lenaf4ever
Hi Everyone!

Omg I can relate to that LOL I‘m obsessed with all the grey colors! I have a GM B35 and GA K28 and I want to add Etain and maybe Bleu Glacier because it‘s a beautiful blue/grey.
Would love to see a comparison pic of GM and BG too!!
Is Bleu Glacier only offered in Epsom leather?

Hi Everyone!

I’m in the same dilemma, would love the experts to chime in.

Bleu Glacier for me!!! But you have to pick what sings to you at the end :biggrin:
Haha such an enabler thank you!!!! I have to say, I am such a sucker for greys and this BG is totally making my heart jump a beat. I am having this dilemma because last year, I literally passed on all the bags that were offered to me, except for one that I got while on my trip to France. It has been a while since I see a color that makes my heart sing, and not to mention a kelly. I think it is only the past 1.5 year that I began seeing how much I adore the kelly bag. I use to be just a birkin girl haha.