Deciding on a Monogram bag...need your help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys! I already have a Mono NF MM but I'm now finding myself wanting a 'dressier' mono bag that's still comfortable enough for everyday use. I've been looking at the website and tPF and have tried a few bags at the boutique and so far, I'm liking and loving the Totally MM, Tivoli GM and Palermo PM/GM. When I tried the Totally MM, I really liked how comfortable it was with the flat shoulder straps and the way it hugs your body as you carry it. I also loved the zipper closure and exterior pockets and minimal vachetta which I think could make it a good travel bag as well. I like the Tivoli and Palermo because of the very feminine pleats and adjustable straps (for the GM sizes) and they both seem really spacious as well. I wonder though how comfortable they would be when used on a daily basis.

I'm really torn so need all your input! TIA! :biggrin:

2. Palermo

3. I love my Tivoli GM, it gets me alot of compliments, but it is very heavy so when you carry it alot it can be hard on the shoulder. I still would buy it again though, she's a beauty!

4. Tivoli

5. Would you use the Tivoli as an everyday bag? Too dressy to bring to errands?

6. Totally

7. Hey Disco :smile: I have the Tivoli GM. I love it. I find it being a bit dressy for errands though. It sure does hold alot. However the Palermo is a must have.

I just love love that bag! With the Palermo you can still be dressy or more casual as you have 3 different ways to carry it. Hand held with extra strap removed, shoulder or Crossbody.

8. Hi,

I have the Palermo and I love it! The Tivoli is a great bag, however the straps on the GM have a tendency to "curl" - I've seen this on a few Tivoli GM's IRL. Don't have much experience with the Totally bag.

9. I say totally! All the way!

10. Totally or Palermo for sure. I adore my Totally, and I list after those pretty pleats on the Palermo. I think both are functional and look good, what more can one want?

I'd try both and see what suits you best

11. Hi Joyce! :biggrin: what size Palermo do you have? Yes the Tivoli seems too dressy for errands..I guess I've just been using a simple looking mono NF for too long that I now want a bag with more detail, etc :smile:

12. The straps curling is also one of my reservations with the Tivoli..also with how the shape of the bag gets deformed after a while. Yikes seems like this bag may be too high maintenance for me!

13. I think the Tivoli is the dressiest of the 3, but I really like the Totally.

14. I have the Tivoli GM and don't think its too dress for running errands, I use it all the time for errands! I love the Tivoli GM because its roomy and stylish and I put the adjustable handles on the second notch so the strap which sticks out (from bottom) is a little shorter preventing 'curl up.' As far as comfort goes, I've never found it uncomfortable but then again I've never worn it all day long either.

I really like the Palermo and Totally as well, but don't have either of them. Good luck with your decision I know its not an easy one!

15. Agree!!:smile: