Deciding between two gorgeous bags at great prices!

I prefer the Minkoff one. Esp if it's soft leather as they say it is. I'm not familiar with all the different leathers from that company but I know they do vary. I bought one in the elephant color and it was not soft.

I like them both!
I have never seen the Cala IRL, but I had a RM MAM and the bag was soooo beautiful, but the only reason I sold it was because I am really a shoulder bag girl, and although you can wear the MAM on your shoulder, the bag body is way up in your armpit! It is much more comfortable if hand-held, or worn in the crook of your arm rather than on the shoulder.
The Cala looks like it can easily be worn on the shoulder (8.5 inch strap drop) so, to me, it depends on your personal requirements. I love the looks of the RM MAM, but the bag did not work for me.
They are both gorgeous!
Nice choices!

Okay good, everyone seems to be reaffirming the decision on the minkoff...just wanted second thoughts! Anyone else?

ps. I don't own any minkoff...the bag is definitely big enough right? or should i be getting the full size MA?

I have the exact RM and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is plenty big. I carry my wallet, cosmetics pouch, pens, ipod, card holder, novel, and random small items with plenty of room. Also, if you're worried about the shoulder issue as Cooper stated, you can order a strap direct from RM (although it takes about 2 months).

Okay good, everyone seems to be reaffirming the decision on the minkoff...just wanted second thoughts! Anyone else?

ps. I don't own any minkoff...the bag is definitely big enough right? or should i be getting the full size MA?

NO!
The MAB is humongous!!!
I ordered that one first (sight unseen) because I really like big bags and it is so huge; it looks like a piece of luggage!

I like what happy said about the detachable shoulder strap. That way you can have the best of both worlds: short handles and a detachable shoulder strap! The RM bags are definitely gorgeous and I am so loving the grey leather bags right now!
Although I had a Gussto Baca in the past and if the Cala has similar leather, it is so soft and squishy and buttery; it's hard to beat!

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Last edited:
I like the Gustto....it looks like you could carry it on your shoulder where as the other looks like it might be harder to do, and I'm totally a shoulder bag person!