Deciding between the muse and the ysl hobo Help Please

mzri

I want the pink one
O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Hi Everyone! I am 24 and am completely over logo bags. So my next purchase (which I'd like to make in the next few weeks) will be something classic that I can wear forever, and I am deciding between a oversize ysl muse in black leather or the ysl hobo (in the textured black leather, not the patent). I am 5'10 so I won't look strange with a large bag. Perhaps someone can suggest something else, but I'd like to stay under 1500 before tax. Thanks in advance ladies :smile:

Cosmopolitan

former tPF mod
O.G.
May 23, 2006
Hobo because it's more fresh and modern. The Muse especially oversize is starting to look a bit dated IMO. The hobo would look great on someone your age and height and it's a very classic shape.

randr21

Watch "The Cove"
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
my vote is for the hobo. that style is a classic shoulder bag style, and so easier to get in and out of than a muse.

moshi_moshi

OMG Shoez!
Jun 18, 2007
NJ/PA
i would have said the hobo style if it had a zipper closure.... the fact that it is open is such a deal breaker for me. it's a shame too because it's such a gorgeous bag... so really i should say, if the openness of it doesn't bother you go with the hobo!

chic02latz

Mar 1, 2009
another vote for the hobo! if you want the muse, i'd go with the large instead of the OS... good luck! and pls let us know what you decide ;)!

littlerock

Love is Love is Love
Admin
O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
In the moment
I vote for the Muse. Sure it is an older style and may not be the "it" bag anymore but I still find it to be beautiful and one of the more classic looking bags on the market. I don't think the muse will ever go out of style.

I just got one and I am absolutely head over heels in LOVE with it!

mzri

I want the pink one
O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Great points everyone. I've been in love with the muse for such a long time, but the hobo is so incognito (I love that it doesn't have any telltale designer markings). I am slightly bothered by the opening, to be honest. Tomorrow after work I plan to go try the bags on in person. Hopefully my decision will be easier. Thank you all so much for your wonderful feedback and I will let you know which one I ended up getting.

shazam

Jul 22, 2007
I hope trying on the bags helps! My opinion would be to go with the OS Muse because I think it's simply migrated into a classic but you may find the hobo suits your needs better. Good luck with the decision!

mzri

I want the pink one
O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Well the Roady is definitely out. It's huge and way too unstructured, it reminds me of the gucci horsebit hobo (which I own and dred carrying; it is a chore to get anything out of that bag) Also the handle would be the death of me as it doesn't look like it would go over a coat too well. So I'm going with a muse. BUT now I can't decide between large and oversize! The oversized muse doesn't look weird on me at all because of my height and body type. I'm afraid the large would look stuffed it I put too much crap in it. For the price difference and the extra space I'm thinking the oversize. Now I can't decide between the leather and the patent. I'm leaning toward the leather because it seems more timeless.

mzri

I want the pink one
O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
Ended up with the leather oversize muse... I can't stop staring at it. Thank you so much for your help with my decision ladies. I'd upload pics but I don't think anyone on this forum will be too excited by my black muse lol! I am now giving serious consideration to a navy easy bag...

xColettex

Unicorn Princess
O.G.
Sep 30, 2009
Congrats!!!!! I love this bag, I think it's just GORGEOUS without having an in-your-face logo. If you're up to it I'm sure all of us would love to see modeling pics! Must be nice being so tall :biggrin:. Where did you buy it? Enjoy!!