Deciding between New Clutch or ITB Flap?

cvu79

Bucky Katt
O.G.
Dec 7, 2007
navigatingthegray.blogspot.com
I need help deciding between the new clutch in navy caviar or the in-the-business flap in red calf?

I like the simplicity of both bags (i.e., single flap), but can't decide which will be more useful? And I'm not sure if the red is too bright? I would be more comfortable if it's darker like a burgundy?

Is anyone else considering between these two?

BagAddict4Ever

Falling In Love...
O.G.
Aug 29, 2010
New York City
I have the red ITB bag. It is not a true red it is more like a rasberry color in person IMO. Why not get the ITB in black calfskin. I really love the ITB I have 3 and they are my go to bag. They are roomy and lightweight. Another thing to consider is size who much do you carry? Will you be using on a daily bases?

cvu79

Bucky Katt
O.G.
Dec 7, 2007
I have the red ITB bag. It is not a true red it is more like a rasberry color in person IMO. Why not get the ITB in black calfskin. I really love the ITB I have 3 and they are my go to bag. They are roomy and lightweight. Another thing to consider is size who much do you carry? Will you be using on a daily bases?
Hi BagAddict4Ever...wow, you own 3 of them? Do you have a modeling pic of your red ITB somewhere on this forum?

I don't carry too much on a daily basis, and i'm looking for something lighter than my black caviar jumbo.

BagAddict4Ever

Falling In Love...
O.G.
Aug 29, 2010
New York City
Hi BagAddict4Ever...wow, you own 3 of them? Do you have a modeling pic of your red ITB somewhere on this forum?

I don't carry too much on a daily basis, and i'm looking for something lighter than my black caviar jumbo.
Lol yes. I seriously love this bag. I don't have a picture of me modeling the bag I will try to remember to take a picture and post. I think if you have a black jumbo the ITB will be a great option. It is lighter and about the same size.

Orchidlady

O.G.
Jan 13, 2008
San Diego
I really like the ITB flap when I saw it irl. I think it definitely fits more than the new clutch. And the price is just amazing :smile:

G&Smommy

O.G.
Sep 23, 2008
ITB is a better every day bag. It is roomier and very light weight. The clutch is also a great bag, but more limiting in terms of what you can carry. Good luck!

Orchidlady

O.G.
Jan 13, 2008
San Diego
Is there an increase on the ITB flap as well? Thanks..
I haven't heard anything about the new increase on the ITB flap. I believe vinyl is $2200 and the calf skin is $2600. I saw this girl at the mall wearing it and far away, I seriously thought it was a maxi. Simply gorgeous.

MiniMi

Jan 1, 2012
I do not own an ITB flap, but I recently purchased the new clutch and was extremely dissatisfied. The chain is short and uncomfortable to wear (I am 5'1'' and about 100 pounds). I also found the chain to be very thin and not substantial enough for the size of the bag. In the end, I have decided that I will return the clutch. I hope this helps in making your decision!

cvu79

Bucky Katt
O.G.
Dec 7, 2007
I do not own an ITB flap, but I recently purchased the new clutch and was extremely dissatisfied. The chain is short and uncomfortable to wear (I am 5'1'' and about 100 pounds). I also found the chain to be very thin and not substantial enough for the size of the bag. In the end, I have decided that I will return the clutch. I hope this helps in making your decision!
Oh no, sorry that it didn't work out for you! But thanks for sharing your experience.

Jul 20, 2009
I haven't heard anything about the new increase on the ITB flap. I believe vinyl is $2200 and the calf skin is $2600. I saw this girl at the mall wearing it and far away, I seriously thought it was a maxi. Simply gorgeous.
I have yet been able to see it irl except on this forum, :ty: to all the tpfers who posted their reveals.

Last edited:

Orchidlady

O.G.
Jan 13, 2008
San Diego
Hi orchidlady, is there a picture of your clutch in the pale gold? I want to see what the color looks like. And do you know if it's still available? Thanks!
Hi there, attached are pictures of my pale gold timeless clutch. I got mine from Neiman and I was told that the one I got is one of last 7 in the entire company. I know Bloomies also carry the pale gold as well. Good luck!

Flash and no flash, champagne is the best color that describes it. HTH.

Attachments