Deciding between Neverfull MM or Speedy B 25

Sara_xx

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Hi everyone!

As you can see by the title, I'm having a hard time deciding between the Neverfull MM in DE or the Speedy B 25 also in DE.

The thing is I already own two classic Speedy's in size 30 and I don't know if it's worth getting another one. I think that if I choose the Speedy B that I have to sell one of my other Speedy's. I can't justify having three of the same style bags in my collection.

I also own a Neverfull GM in mono but I only use that for traveling because it's too big for me for every day use.

I was also looking at the Neverfull PM because I'm not that tall and I'm afraid the MM will still look too big on me, also I don't carry a lof of things on an every day basis, but the PM is always sold out so not sure if I can ever get that one. I have to say that there's also a baby on the way so maybe I'll be carrying more stuff in the future and the MM is a great bag for me eventually. Don't really know if the Speedy B is a good bag to use when you've got a baby :smile:

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! Also if there are other options I need to consider, please let me know!!

TIA!!

Reactions: lv_katie
I’m only 152cm tall. Neverfull MM looks ok in me. I think it also depends on what kind of look you want to go for. If you want to show a more dainty look, I Guess Pm size works better.

With a baby on the way (congratulations!) I think the NF makes more sense. The speedy B would be handy because of the strap, but the 25 doesn't have a ton of room and the opening is quite small. Not sure of your height, but I'm 5'3" and petite and the NF MM looks fine on me, it doesn't look too big at all. I did try on a GM once and it looked ridiculous. It really depends on the look you are going for, if you want a smaller bag then the speedy 25 or the NF PM would work, but if you are looking for practicality then the NF MM for sure.

My speedy b 35 is my baby bag ( with a 17 dollar organizer from amazon)

Hangs on the stroller or goes underneath if im not wearing crossbody (which sometimes im not as it can be quite heavy)

Now that its been a while, I don't need to carry as much and the speedy 35 is quite large. Im thinking of diwnsizing to a 25 or 30.

I find NF MM feels more proportional and looks quite a bit smaller than the GM. I, too, only use my GM for travel because it is so big! I think that totes are so perfect for moms with babies, and the MM transitions nicely between holding just your items and baby's as well. Definitely gets my vote for accessibility alone...I wouldn't want to struggle with a Speedy zipper or small opening while also juggling a baby. Congrats!!!

Reactions: LilPochette
I reckon if i were you and trying to build a minimalist but practical collection, i would:
- Sell the classic speedy 30. It's really impractical without the strap. Only time i would consider the classic is the size 25. It looks darn cute hand carried.
- Buy both speedy b 25 DE and a neverfull MM DE
- Keep the neverfull GM.

I propose working with the nf gm for whatever role you can foresee the nf mm to fill by cinching it’s sides which also helps content not to fall out with a baby, and selling a speedy 30 to get a b25 (get it in de esp with kids). I have the gm and b25 combination with 1 toddler and another baby on the way and it works very well. The baby phase is only a year or so and then you don’t need a “baby bag” specifically. And if you expand your family you can keep using the nf gm as well. I just personally think the gm is often under utilized because of its size but the reality is cinching makes it very comparable to the mm size. And one way to make it cinch with organization is to get a mm organizer instead of gm. Good luck!

I was like you few years ago when I had my 1st baby. I chose the Neverfull MM as it fits just enough but I wish I had gone with the Mono instead of the DE as it took me two years of constant use for the leather to soften a little.

Considering you already owned the classic speedy, it is okay to keep them away as they wouldnt be too helpful if you are carrying the baby. Even with the bandouliere strap, it will be a hassle to zip and unzip, and the leather strap may be uncomfortable if you fill the bag to the brim. Another alternative of totes would be the Goyard Artois or Longchamp Le Pliage tote that comes with a zip, if you wanted more security. The Neverfull in MM size is not too big, in my opinion, but has taller sides that allow you to put any consultation documents when going to the clinic and put a midsize thermos, milk bottles, napkin, wet wipes, facial tissue, barrier cream, etc.

The Speedy B in 25 does not fit as much with smaller opening, but once your little angel starts eating solid food (and running!), you can invest on the Speedy B. In fact, u can still use your classic speedy if you have one toddler (walking and running). If you will add more family members, a good tote is going to help as you could also pack lunch items/meals when you are out and about with your kids.

Here is wishing you a happy pregnancy and a safe delivery!

Last edited: