Deciding between Celine Phantom brown suede and leather dune - please HELP!

Urchin

Jun 29, 2007
So, I am torn! I am debating between Celine Phantom small brown suede (it's a chocolate brown) and Celine Phantom small pebbled dune (light beige/grey). They are both gorgeous in different ways - brown would be to wear now, and dune would be more for the spring/summer.

Chocolate brown suede looks richer and would go really well with several of my winter coats. The inside of the bag is black leather. I have a dark burgundy/brown patent leather Prada tote and a chocolate croco small tote so it would fit nicely in the dark bag category.

Dune looks more elegant and you can see the hourglass shape of the detailing. The inside is a gorgeous suede lining that is super soft and I know I'll enjoy it every time I use it. I also don't have a cool-toned summer bag that looks elegant - most of my summer bags are either bright color or warmer beiges.

Both bags are really gorgeous but in different ways and I can't make up my mind which one to get.

So, why not get both? Well, I am still trying to see if I will be able to get neon pink Celine mini luggage... and I don't want to have 3 bags of the same/similar model.

My other bags include Chanels (black, sequins, beige, gray, denim, patent red), Balenciaga (distressed gray, fuchsia, blush), D&G (leopard), Burberry Prorsum (warm beige suede, khaki leather), and some clutches. So I have a fairly rounded collection and either of these bags would not be very similar to what I already have.

Would love any thoughts! :smile:

Also, I am fairly careful with my bags - so wear and tear is not as much of an issue with either suede or the light color, aside from the transfer of color from denim which I tend to wear a lot of in the winter.

I will go for the dune too cos I have a small blue phantom and I love the way it looks. I also have a light beige mini luggage and it goes well with my every look.

I'm adding my vote for Dune! It's such a lovely classy grey!

Plus I just got my black mini in the new pebbled/grainy leather and I think it's a big improvement on the old leather!

Thank you all for opinions! So I did get the dune :graucho:

I figured brown suede is too delicate for NY winter and the suede lining on the dune was just too pretty.

I'll try to post pics later this week! Thanks again for the help deciding :smile: