Deciding between 2 wocs

pepperdiva

Apr 4, 2013
I have to choose between these 2 wocs. I love the dressed up look of the burgundy one but unsure of how versatile the color is? Of course I know the black caviar one with silver hardware is durable and versatile but it looks so blah next to the patent golden class woc.
And ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408466053.416337.jpg I only want one woc in my collection.

lilPinkBunnies

Fuzzy Wuzzy
Jan 8, 2014
Denver, CO
The burgundy. It's a versatile color in my opinion. And Purseblog actually wrote an article on burgundy bags and the versatility of the color today :smile:

Aug 5, 2008
I was in the same situation last week and I decided get the golden class (same style as the burgundy one in your post) in red lambskin because the strap on that woc is removable.

So my vote is to get the burgundy one! :biggrin:

Roku

Subscriptions Rock
O.G.
Jan 16, 2011
I believe the deciding factor should be how you plan to use the WOC and how frequently.

I use them as wallets and the occasional cross body when taken out of the tote... then the caviar.
If you plan to use as a clutch or evening bag, then definitely the other one...

rose60610

O.G.
Mar 8, 2011
Chicago
Burgundy. While black is a safe choice (and I love my many black bags) this burgundy would complement almost anything. It's very pretty.

Patrapan

PLoY_PaTTy
May 14, 2012
Philadelphia
www.facebook.com
I have to choose between these 2 wocs. I love the dressed up look of the burgundy one but unsure of how versatile the color is? Of course I know the black caviar one with silver hardware is durable and versatile but it looks so blah next to the patent golden class woc.
And View attachment 2723879 I only want one woc in my collection.
Please go for the Burgundy one. It's very beautiful, especially matching with the gold. Honestly, Burgundy is not that hard to dress up. It looks like black that has something more than just plain black. Moreover, It's a dark color in patent, so I don't think it's super hard to take care. Just do NOT wear it with jeans, then you should be fine. :biggrin:

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
I like the burgundy it's gorgeous - are the bags similar prices? The patent bag definitely looks more luxurious.

pepperdiva

Apr 4, 2013
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Patrapan - what happens if the dark patent is worn with jeans? Is that a color transfer issue - I thought that only occurred with light patent colors? Please let me know - this would be my first patent bag.

There is a significant price difference - the golden class WOC is $3000, so ~$1000 more than the black WOC.

PoohBear

Nov 15, 2013
I worried that if you don't get the black classic WOC you'll regret it. It will always be in style and often times there are long waiting lists for this particular bag. Plus, with prices going up it'll be a fortune before you know it. I'd say go for the classic!

Winterfell

Oct 26, 2013
UK
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Patrapan - what happens if the dark patent is worn with jeans? Is that a color transfer issue - I thought that only occurred with light patent colors? Please let me know - this would be my first patent bag.

There is a significant price difference - the golden class WOC is $3000, so ~$1000 more than the black WOC.
Quite a bit more then! It does look more of a bag though than the classic WOC. When are you planning to use this bag?

I had a darkish brown prada patent bag years ago and had no colour transfer issues. It's the lighter patents that are more troublesome in my experience.

Mayak

Jan 30, 2014
Ohhhh! The burgundy in patent is soooo gorgeous!!!! First time I've liked a patent Chanel bag!! I love the GC woc, it's a little roomier also than the regular woc and has the removable strap for you to use as a clutch. Burgundy is definitely a versatile color, it complements most outfits(I have the lv vernis Amarante). Plus, this is small enough where it doesn't look gaudy. Go for the burgundy, black caviar will always be around if you want it later.