Deceived by Fashionphile! Pictures attached

mbaldino

O.G.
Mar 8, 2011
Hi ladies! I need your help. I just bought a DA Galliera GM (made in America) from Fashionphile for $1100. They called me before they were going to ship it out to tell me that the bag reeked of vinegar and wasn't noticed earlier. Fashionphile offered to either refund my money or discount it to $950 and send me the bag after they did a "bag bomb" on it to try to remove the smell. I saw that they had just listed another DA gal gm for $1350 MIF and I offered to take that instead. The sales associate said the manager will do that but only if I pay $1200 total instead of $1350. I was happy to do so because it was in better shape and made in France.

The package arrived today. The bag is gorgeous. The vachetta is looking great and the bag smells wonderful. Only issue is that it is the PM not the GM. I measured it twice. My husband measured it too. We compared the measurements to LV and it is definitely the PM. I checked my receipt and the one picture I was able to save from their listing to confirm it was listed as the GM.

I called Fashionphile and they said that I was probably mistaken because the bags are only different by an inch (not true, the sizes are much different). She said she would talk to her manager and call me back. I let an hour go by and no one called. I called Fashionphile back and that previous employee had left for the day and never talked to the manager. Now I was starting to get a little upset. After explaining my situation to another associate she then put me on hold for 15 minutes. I finally hung up and called them back. When I asked to speak to the manager, the girl said she would give him the message but he wants me to send the bag back so that they can make sure that I am not trying to scam them.

Fashionphile wants the bag back because they said they have been selling for years and don't ever make mistakes. They said I am probably wrong because the gm and pm are only different by an inch (yeah right). I don't like being called a liar. I offered to send pictures with measurements to prove the sizing issue. I had to remind them that they made huge errors in the two listings that I was working with them on: first was the major detail of a strong vinegar smell left out of the first listing, and second was the fact that they sold me a pm but listed it as a gm.

So, what should I do. I like the bag but want it for a pm price or the $950 they tried to agree to earlier. They want the bag back so that they can measure it for themselves. It is better for them to refund my money in order to resell it at a higher price than to discount it for me.

Is $1200 too much for this pm? It is MIF the 6th week of 2010. I know this style is to be discontinued soon. Even though I like the bag I still can't help but feel Fashionphile did me wrong.

Am I crazy? I would love to hear from you all. I value your opinion.

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    294.2 KB · Views: 2,378
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    318.2 KB · Views: 2,335
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    362.3 KB · Views: 2,392
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    473.3 KB · Views: 2,338
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 2,375
  • DSC_0016.JPG
    DSC_0016.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,308
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    354.7 KB · Views: 2,326
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    303.7 KB · Views: 2,317
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 2,362
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 2,335
Hmmm. If you love it and are ok with the size I say keep it! The bag retails for $1,580 so just over a grand is still a good deal. BUT if you want the GM (it's a noticeable difference in size) maybe you can try to work it out? Preowned and great condition like the pictures is hard to find without intensely looking so I would actually keep it since you already know it's good and without smell!

If you like the bag, I would keep it. It looks like a great size on you. Maybe the PM was just meant to be!

I understand being upset in principle though. How they're handling this is not acceptable. I'm no gal expert, so I have no idea what size it is. But they shouldn't treat you poorly no matter what.

I have the Gall PM in mono and looking at it on you, definitely the PM! You should demand to pay the lower price. Why should you pay anymore than they had the PM listed for? If it were me I'd rather take the loss than deal with a company that doesn't have great customer service. And asking you to send the bag back so they can measure it?! That just seems insane to me. Buying a preloved bag is hard enough without the seller making it more difficult. I wish you lots of luck resolving this and keep us posted...

I think that size looks perfect on you! I would still try and see if they would lower the price to the PM size. It's not fair to pay for the GM when you got the PM. I hate poor customer service and maybe they will offer you an even bigger discount for your trouble.

I don't feel like a have any leverage here. The manager won't talk to me. They want the bag back before any, if any, discounts are made.
What leg do I have to stand on if I want to keep the bag? I do like the bag and it does fit me well.
I even told the associate in a non-threatening way that I want to post this to the purseforum which will generate a lot of inquiries. This could help or hurt their business potentially.

I guess they don't realize the power of the Purseforum!

mbaldino said:
I don't feel like a have any leverage here. The manager won't talk to me. They want the bag back before any, if any, discounts are made.
What leg do I have to stand on if I want to keep the bag? I do like the bag and it does fit me well.
I even told the associate in a non-threatening way that I want to post this to the purseforum which will generate a lot of inquiries. This could help or hurt their business potentially.

Good for you!!! They will lose a lot of business if they don't improve CS!

Guess not.. Word of mouth is everything. Especially buying items online..
You got to trust the company your spending 1000's of dollars with.
Wanted to try them but I think I will stick with Yoogis ;)

This is definitely a PM and the difference in size is not by an inch.. You can probably put 2 PM's side by side to come up with a GM lol..
However I love the bag on you but again its the principle..

I'm so sorry this happened. DH ordered a bag for me from Fashionphile for Christmas and had a great experience. The bag is beautiful and looks terrific on you. If you love it, keep it. I personally wouldn't return something on principle if I loved it. I definitely wouldn't purchase from them again if I were you either. If you REALLY want the GM though, return it.