Decade + long bal bag lovers?

Hi there everyone! :wave: I recognize most of you - so nice many of us "oldies" are still around. What a fun thread Beaux!

I don't come into the Bal forum anymore but came in here today because I saw the lovely BooYah's name on the thread from the homepage. :heart:

I jumped head first into Bals when I first joined tPF back in 2006 and love the oldies! The 05/06s were my prime and I still swoon for Rouge Theater, Ink, 06 Rouille, and Blue India. Bought a lot, sold a lot off and still have a few. My lifestyle has changed since back then and I don't have the opportunity to use those I still have.

I haven't been too interested in Bals past 2007. Don't know why...maybe when they came out with the agneau and giant hardware and the other styles beyond the first, city, work, WE, MU, CP. Guess I just don't like change :pout:, LOL!

redney-sweetie :hugs: so good to see you :love:
please post list/pics of the special few you have :graucho:

I was into bal back in 2005 and got a first as my first bag... some more style have came and gone... and I fell out of love with bal... and when they designed the mini city, I fell in Love with bal again, and i'm in LOVE more then ever.
Bal is always classic and the leather is amazing, nothing else beats bal leather. I'm surprised that I haven't seen much of a price increase from when i used to buy a lot.

To date I have a few dozen Balenciaga bags in my collection. It took nearly 10 years to get more of the 2001 to 2003 bags than I could have purchased back then. I have been lucky enough to find crazy rare, super fantastic oldie bags, but I still wish for a handbag time machine!

I haven't been hunting for a while now as I'm Bal-content and just carry Liz about trying to break her in....it's a challenge and after nearly 2 years she's starting to slouch! The tri-color really suits me and I have Balenciaga's in Tri-Color too!

The breakdown by year for my Balenciaga collection includes 3 gold-tag Le Dix '01 F/W Firsts in Navy, Caramel, and Chocolate Caribou, plus a Black Cherve Accordion Sling Messenger bag I've seen on Winona Ryder in a photo somewhere. Then 2002 is my favorite year with 8 items from monk leather with pewter hardware, to moto-tough chevre with flat brass hardware, in colors like Black & Navy, Chocolate, Plum, Black, Olive and Caramel.

Then there's 2003 & 2004 which kinda bump into 2005 with leather that's out-of-this-world soft and fantastic...really...why have so many (15) of my baby's been sleeping in the closet instead of on my arm?!@? Aniline tanned chevre leather (Arena) in Emerald Green, Mastic Beige, Olive Brown, Midnight Blue, Marigold Yellow, Grey Gris, Natural Camel, Black, Marron, Turquoise, and Dolma Green.

I have a few from 2006 - 2010 and I think the 2011 Milkyway Papier bags have velvety-soft nubuck suede leather! I wish it wasn't true, but the Bal-bags I've encountered from arena leather 2011 and on is not what my dreams were made of, but I have been wrong in the past; like when Spring/Summer 2006 came out and I claimed it all felt fake and plasticy...but turns out those bags break-in beautifully like the tumble step of leather processing was skipped but loving use makes up for it. Anyhow, I should get out more and take my Balenciaga bags with me!

Last edited:
I'm quite a late bloomer with Balenciaga as I got my first bag (a city) in 2012 right when the the G21s were headed out the door. In the same year I got a few more, all in G21 and I've kept all of them (except the Parme City RGGH which I returned after someone in TPF mentioned it reminded her of raw poultry haha). I strayed away for awhile for other brands such as Chanel, Goyard and Prada but I still find myself looking at Balenciaga bags when I'm in the mall. I'm not too crazy about the G12 hardware and the quality of the leather to date. Like everyone keeps saying, it's very thin and papery but just a few days ago I discovered the NM store near me got new shipment of G21s and I'm scheduled to pick up a Velo tonight in RGGH (my favorite HW). So after a while, I find myself back to purchasing another Balenciaga. I guess when the right combo of color, style and G21 hw is presented to me I will most likely get it :smile:

I'm going on my 7th year as a Bal lover and although I won't purchase anymore I won't part with the ones I have in my collection, one dozen I think! I've got bags from 05 to 09 and love the leather on them all! I have a few other brands but none make my heart sing like my Bals. So I'll probably be a Bal gal forever!

i've also been a fan of bal's for a while (since '02), but not of the moto bags since '10, that was when i bought my anthra RGGH work...
most of my collection is from pre-06 and i'll never part with them; i actually took my black suede multizip to fashion week and got a few comments on it...

i am a big fan of the non-moto bags (always have been), and right now i have my eye on the le dix cartable...

i was also a big marc jacobs collection around the same time and have sold many of those, recently i've dipped into proenza and celine...

beauxgoris, WOW you have some really amazing bags! :love::loveeyes:
which particular one is your favorite? is it the one you use most?
or are your favorite and mostly-used bags different?
such a wonderful collection you have :heart:
have to push my eyeballs back into their sockets :lol:LOL

beauxgoris, WOW you have some really amazing bags! :love::loveeyes:
which particular one is your favorite? is it the one you use most?
or are your favorite and mostly-used bags different?
such a wonderful collection you have :heart:
have to push my eyeballs back into their sockets :lol:LOL

Thank you BooYah - the most used is my 2005 black city. If I only had to have one Balenciaga that one would be it. In terms of the others though, I go through cycles where I really fall in love all over again with a certain style or color. Also some are seasonal: the suede bags are used more in fall and winter, as are the darker bags. The lighter colored bags: pistachio, lilac, anis are for sure more summer bags. After collecting for over 10 years I feel lucky to have amassed a collection I love so much. In fact for all of my Bal purchases I've only sold a couple of bags - which says how carefully I chose each one and how much I love bal. HTH :flowers:

redney-sweetie :hugs: so good to see you :love:
please post list/pics of the special few you have :graucho:

I don't have any recent pics. I'm down to an 06 Rouille City, 06 Blue India WE, 05 Bronze Metallic Day, 05 Magenta CP and Shoulder.

Beauxgoris' post reminded me I have been thinking about adding an 05 or 06 black City at some point since it's so versatile and classic.

What do you have in your collection? :biggrin:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1393927622.427472.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393927680.074804.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393927706.426614.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393927759.221271.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393927784.852179.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1393927820.703192.jpg

Hiya ladies,
Been outta action on the bals for awhile.. Think that I have enough here to keep me going...lol

Started buying bals when I first joined the forum since 2007 so it didn't happen overnight. Last count is 17 bags.. Plus 2wallets that I haven't pictured here.

I am really lazy and forget to take photos and upload when I buy a bag. But now I have a new mini iPad that makes it really easy and no excuse.

My very 1st bal was the pre loved Magenta twiggy 2007 and the last one was the mini pom-pom in 2012.

I have never sold any of my bals... Just don't have the heart to... But I think I do need to downsize a little as many don't get the attention they deserve...

I don't know if I'm counted as the oldies, but Bal forum is my first hangout in TPF. :smile: I still visit here now and then. I fell for Bal hard on 2008, but 2009 was my best year and I think I got almost all the color of fall that year. :smile: I'm not so crazy about the new color and everything and I think I'm content with my collection. I never let go of my bags though coz I just love everyone of them. I try to "love" the new color, but they're just the repeat of what I have so...

I still use my Bal especially when I travel aboard and want to go under the radar while still look cool enough when I go out on a shopping spree. :smile: 09 Galet RH PT is my most used bag to date coz it's just so easy to match. :smile:

It hasn't been quite a decade but I fell for Bal in 2007. Bought a black Mini Bowling (on sale) and an anthracite City at the same time. My hubby was on a business trip in a province with lower sales tax, plus the store was having a GC event, so I told him to grab both. Heehee, good times!

I've kept every Bal ever purchased, including discontinued styles like the Slim and Flat Messenger which I rarely wear.

My last bag purchase was a violet (dark violet or ultra violet?) Town a couple years ago. My most recent Bal purchase was the cuff in gris glace with GHW.