Debut design from Daniel Lee

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Oh, I am not feeling that at all... I enjoy the pre-loved market. The price is right, the bag is soft and broken in and I've been able to find the styles I want.. This bag is just odd.

couturequeen and Hershey'sKisses like this.
  2. I was told by my sales manager that the only design Bottega Veneta will keep from Tomas is the Cabat. So I am thinking of getting another Veneta or Cesta.

3. I apologize for my ignorance - did Venetas exist before TM or that was his idea?

4. The Veneta existed before TM. He is the one who introduced the Cabat, however.

5. my SA said these Arlequine totes are not yet of DL, but a team/studio creation.
    Phew.
    We still have some hope that DL will carry on BV core ideas and not fall for modern trends

J.T. and indiaink like this.
  6. Oh thank Dog. There is hope.

J.T., muchstuff and ksuromax like this.
  7. is this a Freudian slip? :lol: :lol:

Buckeyemommy likes this.
  8. :girlsigh:

ksuromax likes this.
  9. I did not know that. Last week, my sales manager told me that TM created the Veneta...

10. I think he might have changed the weaving of the strap. Someone will be along shortly to either confirm or deny whether he did indeed create the Veneta; the only thing I know "for sure" is that he brought us the Cabat :smile: - @septembersiren ?

ksuromax likes this.
  11. Well, this is comforting:

One thing I remember from years ago at Bottega shows was the phrase at the back of the runway: “When your own initials are enough.” Now, of course, we’re living in a logo-obsessed time. Where do you stand?

That’s what is interesting about Bottega. We have a name and everyone knows it, but it’s not going to be about logoed product.

frenziedhandbag and jburgh like this.
  12. Hopefully it means we won’t be seeing BV splashed over the giant weave.

J.T. likes this.
  13. TM created the Veneta and the Cabat and recreated the knot

14. Wow. Not even keep the Knot or Lauren? Such iconic bags.