Debating on Artsy Mono or Melie but concerned about issues?

Yes, I wear it on my shoulder. One thing to consider is getting into the bag, I have to move it off my shoulder for access. The Melie might be easier access for everyday use if you're used to a NF GM. Have you searched the "what's in my bag" thread? Compared dimensions? That might help. My everyday bag is a Speedy b 25, PS 1 Medium or Chloe Marcie for reference. I carry a good amount but not a ton.

Yes, I wear it on my shoulder. One thing to consider is getting into the bag, I have to move it off my shoulder for access. The Melie might be easier access for everyday use if you're used to a NF GM. Have you searched the "what's in my bag" thread? Compared dimensions? That might help. My everyday bag is a Speedy b 25, PS 1 Medium or Chloe Marcie for reference. I carry a good amount but not a ton.
Thank you for your input! This really helps. I love the Chloe Marcie bag. It's really a beautiful bag!

I have the Melie, coming up on a year. No unsual quality issues, although I only use it primarily as my travel purse, but I don't baby my bags - personally, I use them, enjoy them and then donate them. I admire the ladies on here who take meticulous care of their bags but that's not me. It's been on the grass on soccer fields, 4 international trips (under airplane seats), floors of restaurants, etc. I actually don't fold it to be a hobo because I need the extra storage space for my GM planner. The Samorga helps keep me organized, otherwise it becomes a black hole. I can't think of any complaints except that I wish I had gotten this bag in the black leather version but it was not available when I purchased. I hope that alleviates your quality issues, best wishes!

I have the Melie, coming up on a year. No unsual quality issues, although I only use it primarily as my travel purse, but I don't baby my bags - personally, I use them, enjoy them and then donate them. I admire the ladies on here who take meticulous care of their bags but that's not me. It's been on the grass on soccer fields, 4 international trips (under airplane seats), floors of restaurants, etc. I actually don't fold it to be a hobo because I need the extra storage space for my GM planner. The Samorga helps keep me organized, otherwise it becomes a black hole. I can't think of any complaints except that I wish I had gotten this bag in the black leather version but it was not available when I purchased. I hope that alleviates your quality issues, best wishes!
Thank you for your input! Is it big enough for you? I use my Neverfull GM everyday and the Melie looks a little smaller in size (mainly width). Do you ever wear it as a crossbody?

Thank you for your input! Is it big enough for you? I use my Neverfull GM everyday and the Melie looks a little smaller in size (mainly width). Do you ever wear it as a crossbody?
I only use the Melie as a purse when I travel. I have a neverfull MM and GM, I use the GM for work stuff and have found that the MM is too small but I couldn't resist the Damier with pink interior so I use it as a gym bag but it's really too small for all my gym shiz. As a purse, the Melie is fine for my stuff but when I'm out with my fam, I have 2 kids, it's on the small side. The Melie wouldn't be large enough for me for work but apparently I haul a lot of **** to work - laptop, IPad, GM planner, wallet, etc. I purchased the extra? monogram strap with pink on the underside because I hate thinking about the high maintenance of vachetta and can't stand when vachetta is dirty looking so the extra monogram strap makes it worry free for me. I haven't found a suitable replacement for the smaller vachetta strap - hoping LV will come out with a non-vachetta alternative. Hope that helps

I only use the Melie as a purse when I travel. I have a neverfull MM and GM, I use the GM for work stuff and have found that the MM is too small but I couldn't resist the Damier with pink interior so I use it as a gym bag but it's really too small for all my gym shiz. As a purse, the Melie is fine for my stuff but when I'm out with my fam, I have 2 kids, it's on the small side. The Melie wouldn't be large enough for me for work but apparently I haul a lot of **** to work - laptop, IPad, GM planner, wallet, etc. I purchased the extra? monogram strap with pink on the underside because I hate thinking about the high maintenance of vachetta and can't stand when vachetta is dirty looking so the extra monogram strap makes it worry free for me. I haven't found a suitable replacement for the smaller vachetta strap - hoping LV will come out with a non-vachetta alternative. Hope that helps
I forgot to say, yes, I wear it crossbody all the time with the strap I purchased. SA warned me that strap is not meant to be worn crossbody but it's fine for me. I don't like the lower hang of the crossbody on my Alma BB, I hate how it hits my hip, so the Melie is better for me crossbody with the monogram strap, it sits a little higher. I also don't fold in the flaps to make it a hobo when I wear it crossbody. For your reference, I'm 5'9", 130lbs and this convo is highlighting for myself that apparently I own too many LV bags and none is exactly right for everything. I guess they do it on purpose

Reactions: Cate14
Don't own the Melie but have seen a bunch of issues being discussed in the Melie clubhouse (both recent and non-recent) about pinholes on the corners. That being said, it sounds like you have an SA who will help you with that if it becomes an issue. I am a big Artsy fan and so am partial to it. I like larger bags and have never had a single issue with any of mine. I have three, and the leather version IS heavy. But it's also gorgeous and worth it to me. The handle on the canvas versions takes some breaking in. Just love Artsy!:heart:
Is the canvas Artsy heavy? It's a little larger than the Melie and I like big bags. Some people say it's hard to get in and out of the bag compared to other bags. Just trying to make the best decision when I am not able to be in a store, thank you!

Do you carry your Artsy on your arm most of the time, and is the handle just really stiff at first? I love the shape of it and it has such a classy look. Thanks for your input!:smile:
I carry it in the crook of my arm/elbow much of the time. i do carry it on the shoulder, folding the opening closed and making sure it's not up in my armpit. The handle was stiff at first and is very manageable now. However, I have heard here that Artsy no longer has cork in the handle -- which mine does. Now that it has rope instead, I have read on the Artsy forum that the handle is more comfortable.

Is the canvas Artsy heavy? It's a little larger than the Melie and I like big bags. Some people say it's hard to get in and out of the bag compared to other bags. Just trying to make the best decision when I am not able to be in a store, thank you!
I don't find it heavy at all, in the canvas version. The Empreinte leather version is heavy. Artsy is a very roomy bag. If you like the NF GM, you would likely be happy with this. Bigger bags of any kind might mean having to dig around for your items, but bag organizers help with that. Six nice-sized pockets (open style) inside the bag, plus one zip pocket. Just a great bag all around! Definitely a completely different bag than the NF -- even if you have both in the same canvas print.

I don't find it heavy at all, in the canvas version. The Empreinte leather version is heavy. Artsy is a very roomy bag. If you like the NF GM, you would likely be happy with this. Bigger bags of any kind might mean having to dig around for your items, but bag organizers help with that. Six nice-sized pockets (open style) inside the bag, plus one zip pocket. Just a great bag all around! Definitely a completely different bag than the NF -- even if you have both in the same canvas print.
Thank you so much for the Artsy input!:smile: Now I just need to make up my mind.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I have the artsy mono. its a beautiful bag! I originally got it 4 years ago. There was cracking along the top of the canvas after a lot of use. i showed my SA and she exchanged the bag with a brand new one. She said they had problems with the material the year i got mine but it has since been fixed and not an issue. So far no issues with the new artsy

Don't own the Melie but have seen a bunch of issues being discussed in the Melie clubhouse (both recent and non-recent) about pinholes on the corners. That being said, it sounds like you have an SA who will help you with that if it becomes an issue. I am a big Artsy fan and so am partial to it. I like larger bags and have never had a single issue with any of mine. I have three, and the leather version IS heavy. But it's also gorgeous and worth it to me. The handle on the canvas versions takes some breaking in. Just love Artsy!:heart:

I hear you on the concerns with the corners! I do have a Lumineuse I'm about to part with (Fashionphile gave me a nice buyout) and there is no wear/scuffs/rubbing on the corners (except for softening of the empreinte). But again, the corners weren't as sharp looking as the Melie. Also wary of the glazing on the Melie's handle. Wondering if the braided handle of the artsy is a "safer" choice. Hmmmmm

Hello.... Can your GM planner fit sideways in your Melie?

I got the Melie in this afternoon and was disappointed. :sad: It seemed on the small/medium size compared to my Neverfull GM. I'm just use to an easy to west bag where this bag just goes straight down, north to south. I put my stuff in it and it stacked up because it's more narrow and not as spacious for me. I'll be sending it back.
Now I'm wondering if the Artsy is a better choice? It's an easy to west bag and bigger? Just worried about the comfort of the handle.

If you are a neverfull gal, you will be hard-pressed to find a single strap option that is as convenient as the NF tote style. The closest one IMO would be the GM size of the new style Delightful.