Debating on Artsy Mono or Melie but concerned about issues?

Apr 24, 2017
If you are a neverfull gal, you will be hard-pressed to find a single strap option that is as convenient as the NF tote style. The closest one IMO would be the GM size of the new style Delightful.
If you are a neverfull gal, you will be hard-pressed to find a single strap option that is as convenient as the NF tote style. The closest one IMO would be the GM size of the new style Delightful.
I just want the strap to be comfortable. It doesn't have to be just like the Neverfull. Honestly those straps can be heavy when I load my bag down. I just needed more room than the Melie offered.

balen.girl

IG : balengirl
O.G.
Aug 24, 2010
Down Under
I have artsy in mono and Empreinte. I sold both. Pretty bag but it's just to bulky and heavy (Empreinte version) to my daily needs.
I am one of the unlucky Melie owner. I have pin hole issue. You can check ny post on Melie clubhouse. But I do think Melie is a pretty bag and versatile with 2 straps option.
For mono bag, I would suggest you to get delightful. The strap is very comfortable and it is huge. You can use the rest of your budget to get a nice wallet/slg.
If you are going to get Empreinte bag, I would suggest for spontini. This bag is fabulous and totally worry free. Not much glazing, really not much to worry about. And spontini doesn't have sharp corner. It's also comes with 2 straps for cross body. I got 2 Spontini. Go and check Spontini clubhouse.
Good luck on deciding.. it should be fun.. ;)

Reactions: Canzer

PoodleMom

Sep 5, 2013
Minnesota
I have both (in Empreinte). The Artsy is much larger than the Melie.

(
I got the Melie in this afternoon and was disappointed. :sad: It seemed on the small/medium size compared to my Neverfull GM. I'm just use to an easy to west bag where this bag just goes straight down, north to south. I put my stuff in it and it stacked up because it's more narrow and not as spacious for me. I'll be sending it back.
Now I'm wondering if the Artsy is a better choice? It's an easy to west bag and bigger? Just worried about the comfort of the handle.

uhpharm01

Nov 11, 2012
USA
I had considered both the end of last year and went with the Artsy but tried them both on in the store. The handle on the artsy is very flexible and not stiff. It's rounded, not flat, so maybe people perceive that as uncomfortable. It's just a gorgeous all around bag. I'm 5'8 and it fits under my arm but mostly wear in swung back. Looks great hand carried or crook of the arm. I do like the Melie for it's versatility, but have a SpeedyB that offers options as well. The Melie is more of a north/south and didn't want to hunt for items. i'm not sure though it that's an actual issue with those that own it. Good luck!
I think the handle on recently made artsy are thinner that the handles on the artsys purses that were made about three years ago. IMO.