DEBATING: balenciaga in light colors...

Jun 9, 2010
Hello ladies,

I'm looking at a white envelope clutch with silver hw and even if I love it, not sure if it's actually a good bet.

Do you like or dislike your white or light balenciaga's?
and about clutches....
Are they difficult to carry and do they get covered in finger marks?
or since you have to constantly carry it or lay it down they get dirty pretty soon??

Like all other light color leather bags, light colors are getting dirty very easily! You'll have to pay attention to it when you're using it every time. I'd say especially the white color!
Just make sure your hands clean before you pick the clutch up! :smile:

Me too. I'd be worried if my white leather bag cost over $1K :P

I have carried white leather handbags before and I wasn't too bad with them but...they did not cost me over $1K :nuts:

I'm in the market for my first Bal city, and the first thing I knew I didn't want was a light colored bag. By looking at the reviews and photos of pre-loved bags, it seems that light colored bal bags are magnets for dirt and eventually turn yellow. Not things I want to see on a bag that I've invested so much money in.

For a clutch, it depends how often you will use it and how careful you are in general with your bags. I would never buy white for an everyday bag but I do own a white leather clutch that I use a few times a month when going out for drinks etc. I take good care of it and use a leather conditioner every other month for light cleaning. I've had it for almost 2 years and it still looks great. No stains, marks etc..

I only have one light colored bag and it's a Chloe-and that pebbled leather wears like CRAZY. I dont have to baby it at all and just wipe it with cleanser once in a while. But for Bal, I stick with medium, bright and darker toned colors-the leather to me seems more delicate than my Chloes.... Especially for a clutch-I would be paranoid that I might spill something on it or something?

I don't care about the clean issue as much as I care about the beauty of a bag. I will take extra care if I need to to have what I want.

I agree with maxxout, if you want / like white or a light colour wear / use it & enjoy it. When you're wearing something you love you feel beautiful & look great ...... we pay so much for these beauties so I say enjoy them! :smile:

I have a sahara ggh city and of course I am scared to death of having stains on her but it will not stop me from getting a light colored clutch such as a BDR since I am in love with the combo BDR + RGGH. I would not buy the 2nd light colored bag in a bigger size as the sahara is more than enough for me to worry about but I just cannot let BDR+RGGH pass.

There's just something about white/light coloured bags that we all :love:
It's versatile, elegant and attention grabbing (cuz there aren't many brave 1s who dare to use 1!)
I have a cream-coloured YSL Overseas which I absolutely adore and absolutely thrashed it around during it's 1st year. Of course it got grubby and lost it's lustre. So I exiled it to da back of da wardrobe :crybaby:
I joined TPF recently and got to know about da LMB-products. So I bought a set to use on my Bal initially. One bored day... I decided to LMB all my other leather bags... Yes... including my Creamy-YSL... da leather cleaner worked wonders and so did da silk serum! Creamy-YSL now resides along all my currently in-use bags :yahoo:
Then a week or so ago, I bought a Bois de Rose Twiggy. It was a brave decision cuz every1 was saying how easily it would stain. But I refused to take heed... I mean... this is L-O-V-E we're talking about :tender:
So I LMB my BDR Twiggy and have been using her da whole of this week. It's holding up ok so far and I try not to worry about dirtying her.
Well... isn't buying bags that we adore part of who we are? Would you carry a bag that you adore... or 1 tat you dun have much feelings for?
So if you love tat white/light coloured bag... I'd say "Go get it gal!"

There is no doubt that white bags are heavenly! :tender: But the maintenance for it is something one should not take lightly. It all depends on YOU really... After knowing the consequences of having a white bag, are you still willing to undergo the troubles of owning one?

If you really want to have a bag in this color, I would also suggest to look into other styles. Clutches are hand-held, and you will not always have clean hands while out in public. How about a hands-free style like a shoulder bag with short straps? That way it hangs closer to your body and it won't be swinging away too much while you carry it (less chances of bumping into dirty things). I was thinking of the Bal Shoulder :biggrin:

This is a nice post! :tup:

There's just something about white/light coloured bags that we all :love:
It's versatile, elegant and attention grabbing (cuz there aren't many brave 1s who dare to use 1!)
I have a cream-coloured YSL Overseas which I absolutely adore and absolutely thrashed it around during it's 1st year. Of course it got grubby and lost it's lustre. So I exiled it to da back of da wardrobe :crybaby:
I joined TPF recently and got to know about da LMB-products. So I bought a set to use on my Bal initially. One bored day... I decided to LMB all my other leather bags... Yes... including my Creamy-YSL... da leather cleaner worked wonders and so did da silk serum! Creamy-YSL now resides along all my currently in-use bags :yahoo:
Then a week or so ago, I bought a Bois de Rose Twiggy. It was a brave decision cuz every1 was saying how easily it would stain. But I refused to take heed... I mean... this is L-O-V-E we're talking about :tender:
So I LMB my BDR Twiggy and have been using her da whole of this week. It's holding up ok so far and I try not to worry about dirtying her.
Well... isn't buying bags that we adore part of who we are? Would you carry a bag that you adore... or 1 tat you dun have much feelings for?
So if you love tat white/light coloured bag... I'd say "Go get it gal!"

I could imagine getting a bag such as The First in a white or light color. It could be something that, due to its size, you would only carry for special occasions and in places where you're fairly certain that it won't get dirtied.