Deauville or GST- help me pick

Deauville Or GST

• Deauville

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • GST

Votes: 46 68.7%

• Total voters
Feb 8, 2008
I like to add a beige bag to my collection to use in spring and summer. I live in Texas and sometimes the black bag looks too heavy.

my current chanel bags are black calfskin mini boy with aged gold hardware, black 19, vintage black medallion tote.

thinking about: beige canvas deauville or beige GST. Thinking about these specifically:

I am going for used route as it fits my budget better.

which would you think is a better option in long run?

5F4C62B6-E8FC-4068-9271-BF0CCA663698.jpeg

AD2C5954-ED35-4953-94C3-5E5287BA147F.jpeg

By the way, I totally agree with your comment black bags are too heavy for spring/summer. The beige claire is great. If you decide to add another bag, I would suggest white. I love white in the summer, and I seem to always have on white skinny jeans or white skinny Bermuda shorts (the JBrand 811 Bermuda shorts).

There is nothing like a white bag in the summer... so crispy and a pop of color which happens to be white.
As FYI, I have two white bags, both styles which you like... a white GST and a white Medallion. I haven't worn my Medallion for a long time given the screaming logo. But hmmm... screaming logos are back in style, so I may decide to whip her out this spring/summer.

And for white... you can also get the matching white ballets or espadrilles (no matching pure white slingbacks yet, only ivory).

Oh, I wanted to also share... for my beige claire, I like it with gold hardware. It really brings out the beige claire color. For my white bags, I prefer silver hardware as I like coolness of it against white. Both the beige claire and white GST came in both hardware options, so just FYI.

I hope that helps.

By the way, I totally agree with your comment black bags are too heavy for spring/summer. The beige claire is great. If you decide to add another bag, I would suggest white. I love white in the summer, and I seem to always have on white skinny jeans or white skinny Bermuda shorts (the JBrand 811 Bermuda shorts).

There is nothing like a white bag in the summer... so crispy and a pop of color which happens to be white.
As FYI, I have two white bags, both styles which you like... a white GST and a white Medallion. I haven't worn my Medallion for a long time given the screaming logo. But hmmm... screaming logos are back in style, so I may decide to whip her out this spring/summer.

And for white... you can also get the matching white ballets or espadrilles (no matching pure white slingbacks yet, only ivory).

Oh, I wanted to also share... for my beige claire, I like it with gold hardware. It really brings out the beige claire color. For my white bags, I prefer silver hardware as I like coolness of it against white. Both the beige claire and white GST came in both hardware options, so just FYI.

I hope that helps.
Thank you for the feedback. I really haven’t looked at white bags, I’ll definitely see what’s available on resell. I don’t have a big budget for Chanel, so not sure what I can find second hand.

Reactions: BigAkoya
I’ll choose the deauville as its lighter in weight if I’m going to throw all my stuff in there! Just personal preference.

I like the effortless look of deauville, as you said just throw everything in and go. Then I talk myself out of it that the GST is better for the long haul.

Still undecided, although overwhelmingly GST got more votes.

I like the effortless look of deauville, as you said just throw everything in and go. Then I talk myself out of it that the GST is better for the long haul.

Still undecided, although overwhelmingly GST got more votes.
You can wear the GST year round. Looks great with dark winter clothes. Deauville is really a summer bag. This might help in your decision.

Good luck!

I had GST in beige and I sold it because the chains kept falling of my shoulder. Also I felt it was too grown up for me. I ended up buying a Deauville from the PF collection and I love it. It's more casual and it fits more.

Reactions: Namwan-
Half the problem is solved Yoogis sold the deauville. But I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Part of me says save up to get a new bag, part of me says resell is the way to go.

Thank you all for your inputs and insights.

if you want a new bag. There is bag this season that is similar to the GST. It is $4300 and comes in black, navy and white currently. My SA told me it is s style that will be offered in other colors on future seasons. I already have a black GST so was hoping for a nice beige or even everyone’s favorite caramel!

84D3425D-2289-429B-A1D7-570FA27D67AD.jpeg

Reactions: Strep2031
I decided to finally get the deauville (after years of debating!) and will have to go the pre-loved route since I'm looking for blue denim/white logo or grey/black logo versions from previous seasons. Can I ask when the toggle for the straps switched to round? I found two 2017 blue denim ones but one had the regular line toggle and the other had the round toggle... how does it have two different versions on the same year? Or maybe site mixed up the year date? Please help answer this question!

I decided to finally get the deauville (after years of debating!) and will have to go the pre-loved route since I'm looking for blue denim/white logo or grey/black logo versions from previous seasons. Can I ask when the toggle for the straps switched to round? I found two 2017 blue denim ones but one had the regular line toggle and the other had the round toggle... how does it have two different versions on the same year? Or maybe site mixed up the year date? Please help answer this question!
I would also like to know when they switched from T-Bar to the round toggle if anyone can help?

I would also like to know when they switched from T-Bar to the round toggle if anyone can help?
Hey ladies! I am not sure when they switched but I bought one brand new Deauville from boutique PF21 collection and another preloved (blue denim, gold hardware and white logo). The brand new one is with a toggle and so far no issue. But the preloved is with a T bar and the denim ripped. I have to be honest I didn't baby it and used it with my laptop. I left it at Chanel to have it fixed, but my advise is not to for the T bar.