Deauville Advice Please!!!

LynneC

Lynne
O.G.
Oct 8, 2008
Good Evening Everyone!

Before I go ahead and purchase a pre-loved Deauville Monogram Canvas would you please be brutally honest and tell me of any downsides to using this bag as a regular handbag.

I was in Bologna, Italy at the weekend and visited LV to take a look. I loved the size, design, interior and shape of the bag. I find my Alma just a little too small to carry all of my everyday stuff (I use an organiser inside my bags) and my current 'go to' bags are my Gucci GG Boston or my Guccisima black leather Boston. I gave my Speedy 25 to my daughter because I found it too small but I miss carrying an LV.

I don't do shoulder bags (back problems) so any handheld bag has to be of a reasonable weight prior to being stuffed with wallet, eye glasses, sunglasses, agenda etc. I find my Alma fine in weight when full just not big enough!

I'd really appreciate your thoughts and comments!

Thank you! :smile:

I have always thought it was a lovely bag. As a travel type bag, it has lots of useful features. And it looks so ladylike!

QUOTE]

^ Agree. It is awkward for me to use it as everyday bag as it is structured and a lil big. But it is a great travelling companion. It is even better when I carry it with keepall strap. :smile:

I had one (and an MC Trouville) a few years ago and struggled with them both as everyday bags. I have a lot of Almas and love them and thought the Deauville and Trouville would be good for a bit of variety. But I think the crux is they were designed as travel pieces and that's what they are best for.

I have the traditional sized Alma and find it more than large enough for all my needs so I guess I don't carry all that much.

I think these would be fine as an everyday bag (more so the smaller of the two). It's on my long list, to eventually buy. I don't travel very much :pout: I don't think things necessarily need to be used the way that they were intended to be... if you like them, use them for however they work best in your life!

I'm actually impatiently awaiting the UPS truck at this moment for my pre-loved Deauville that I fully plan to carry as a handbag in lieu of a Speedy. I always like something a bit different, and I checked it out in person, and I love the structure. I'll let you know very soon what I think about it when it's MINE!

I have the smaller trouville but absolutely love this bag!!!! I love all the pockets inside. I really like the shape also. It may of been meant for a travel bag but in my opinion it makes a great everyday purse!!:graucho:
Also it seems so thick and well constructed!!

I hope you do a reveal :nuts: I just recently discovered the deauville and I'm so in love. I usually use a small crossbody bag for daily use but I've been searching for the perfect "travel purse" and this is so it! It looks pretty much perfect in every way.