Dear Dooney.com, please get your act together.

Thanks @lavenderjunkie. I'm sure I will like them! I like Florentine, maybe my next DB purchase will be Florentine. The one thing that I like from Florentine is the logo also leather. Much prefer the leather rather the metal one in Pebble.
I agree. I prefer the leather logo patch on the Florentine collection to the metal logos
on most of the other DB collections. If there is a removeable logo 'charm', on any
handbag, I take it off (to lighten the bag and also for a more understated look).
The Alto collection has very understated embossed Dooney logos, no metal or
leather patch, and a leather hangtag that can be removed. I love Alto leather, but the
interiors don't have the typical Dooney zip and pockets that I've come to rely on.

I bought a DB drawstring that had a D and B large charm hang tag. I couldn't wait to
take it off. It's beautifully crafted, but the noise made me nuts, not to mention the added weight of such a well made bag accessory. A friend, whose
initials are DB was delighted to have the charm.

Talking about DB drawstrings, I've noticed that the placement and size of the
interior zip pocket can vary quite a bit from style to style. Depending upon what
you use that zip pocket to store, on some styles I find it's too small.

I've learned overtime not to assume that styles that look the same are the same. There can be differences in dimensions (length, depth, height), strap/handle drop (and configuration), interior and exterior pockets, along with the change in leather from one collection to another. I have to remind myself to check all the details before I order what looks like a bag I already have in another color or leather. Sometimes even an inch in
dimensions can make a difference in what fits inside (depending on how much
junk one carts around!)

I am all too familiar with Dooney’s poor customer service. BUT an amazing thing happened. I ordered the Florentine Bordeaux Naomi for approximately $220 on December 25th. I waited until January 5th to call and ask if the bag shipped because I had not received an email (not unusual for Dooney.com) and nothing had appeared at my door. I fully expected them to check the stock and give me some scripted response. Which is exactly what they did. She said it was in stock. This I knew because it was never pre-order and was/still listed as “in stock”. (I know, that still does not mean anything.) Then she put me on hold and came back telling me they would send me an email in 24 to 48 hours. Yeah, right. The only emails I have EVER received are tempting ads and “Your order has been cancelled.” So I waited. And to my surprise I DID receive an email on January 10th stating Naomi had shipped!!! It still has not arrived and when it does who knows what condition it will be in because it is Florentine leather and it can be finicky, but I am still in awe that I received communication, a real email, from Dooney. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would happen to me! I feel like I won the lottery! I think I am going to print the email as proof that they do exist. :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: defeated
I am all too familiar with Dooney’s poor customer service. BUT an amazing thing happened. I ordered the Florentine Bordeaux Naomi for approximately $220 on December 25th. I waited until January 5th to call and ask if the bag shipped because I had not received an email (not unusual for Dooney.com) and nothing had appeared at my door. I fully expected them to check the stock and give me some scripted response. Which is exactly what they did. She said it was in stock. This I knew because it was never pre-order and was/still listed as “in stock”. (I know, that still does not mean anything.) Then she put me on hold and came back telling me they would send me an email in 24 to 48 hours. Yeah, right. The only emails I have EVER received are tempting ads and “Your order has been cancelled.” So I waited. And to my surprise I DID receive an email on January 10th stating Naomi had shipped!!! It still has not arrived and when it does who knows what condition it will be in because it is Florentine leather and it can be finicky, but I am still in awe that I received communication, a real email, from Dooney. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would happen to me! I feel like I won the lottery! I think I am going to print the email as proof that they do exist. :eek:
LID: Hopefully this is a good omen and your bag will arrive safe and sound and it will be a perfect Florentine treasure. Hope you love the new handbag. Florentine leather in bordeaux is beautiful and I love the Naomi satchel style. I've been tempted.
I recently got the brodeaux Flo Domed Satchel and the leather was good. So...
keep the faith.

LJ: I bought three of the Flo Domed Satchels - Navy, Bordeaux, and Natural. It is an incredibly low price for Florentine leather. I love the bag size (I typically hand carry medium to large size bags. And I like the simple design (probably why I have so many Altos). I have not received the natural yet but knowing ILD, I am sure it is on the way. the first two were smooth and flawless so fingers crossed. I do not mind pebbled Flo leather as long as it is consistent throughout the bag. Enjoy your bordeaux Flo! It is great for Valentine ‘s Day.

LJ: I bought three of the Flo Domed Satchels - Navy, Bordeaux, and Natural. It is an incredibly low price for Florentine leather. I love the bag size (I typically hand carry medium to large size bags. And I like the simple design (probably why I have so many Altos). I have not received the natural yet but knowing ILD, I am sure it is on the way. the first two were smooth and flawless so fingers crossed. I do not mind pebbled Flo leather as long as it is consistent throughout the bag. Enjoy your bordeaux Flo! It is great for Valentine ‘s Day.
I got 3 of the Flo Domed satchels also.... Bordeaux, Teal, and Dark Grey.
I was drooling over the natural also. But.... there are not enough days in the year
for me to wear all my handbags. I'm trying to stop buying more.... just because the price is good and I like the leather and color. It's a challenge. So far... 13 days,
with no handbag purchases.

With all the complaints about their crummy website and terrible customer service, I have decided I am not buying anything else directly from Dooney. It amazes me that ILoveDooney.com is so much better than their regular website when it comes to customer service. What the heck?

Here's my latest annoyance. I ordered an in-stock bag from Dooney.com TWO WEEKS AGO and I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything (which seems to be their SOP lately). They had put a hold on my credit card on Dec. 31, but then the hold dropped off and nothing.

I sent two emails last week asking for updates; no response. So I sent a THIRD email saying "CANCEL THE ORDER." No response. Today I decided I would call and wait on hold for customer service, so I put my phone on speaker and waited for 21 minutes.

Finally a person answers and I ask her what is going on with them. I tell her I requested a cancellation of that order, and I would like the status. Oh, what a COINCIDENCE!!! She said they printed the shipping label TODAY and it was in the process of shipping so they can't cancel. :censor: Yeah, whatever. I told her I was going to refuse the package and to have a nice day.

Then I checked my credit card and no charge has been processed. So I called my credit card company and asked if I could block that charge when they put it through, and the rep said no, I can't block a single merchant. BUT, I could put a block on the card for ALL CHARGES, so I did. :giggles:

There is no balance on that card and I don't plan on using it to buy anything, so good luck, Dooney. :cool: When someone places an order for your in-stock merchandise, then SHIP IT. When they say "cancel an order," then DO IT. Stop with the games; it's annoying.

I am done with Dooney for a while. I don't need the aggravation.
I'm done as well because as already stated there is so much competition and to treat customers in what I feel is an unethical manner is unacceptable. I ordered 5 items from seller "I

I'm done as well because as already stated there is so much competition and to treat customers in what I feel is an unethical manner is unacceptable. I ordered 5 items from seller "Ilovedooney" at their last sale and all 5 orders were cancelled after they sent updates that items had shipped and even provided tracking numbers. They claim the items were "out of stock"...but why did they only discover that once they claimed they were shipped. Now I look at the Dooney bags I have and I wish I had never heard of their brand

They didn’t get their act together. I received a florentine leather bag that looks like it was made out of scraps of leather. The grain difference between pieces is extreme with some sections completely smooth while others are the most pebbled leather I’ve ever seen. The bag looks nothing like the photos.

Then try getting customer support. I ordered from Canada so when I call they say they can’t help me and transfer me to a line that hangs up immediately. Their online chat repeats the same canned responses. Their social media keeps telling me to try the online chat.

They finally did send me a return shipping label, but aren’t covering the return shipping fees.

I’ve accepted that I’m out the $37 CAD return fee because it was an international order, but I’m not happy about it.

I’m never ordering anything from them again.

• Sad
Reactions: papertiger
They didn’t get their act together. I received a florentine leather bag that looks like it was made out of scraps of leather. The grain difference between pieces is extreme with some sections completely smooth while others are the most pebbled leather I’ve ever seen. The bag looks nothing like the photos.

Then try getting customer support. I ordered from Canada so when I call they say they can’t help me and transfer me to a line that hangs up immediately. Their online chat repeats the same canned responses. Their social media keeps telling me to try the online chat.

They finally did send me a return shipping label, but aren’t covering the return shipping fees.

I’ve accepted that I’m out the $37 CAD return fee because it was an international order, but I’m not happy about it.

I’m never ordering anything from them again.
Can you dispute this with your credit card before you go to the expense of return shipping? There might be an item not as described category. You should also say that there was no one to address this issue at the merchant. This would get their attention.

Reactions: Alto Junkie
Can you dispute this with your credit card before you go to the expense of return shipping? There might be an item not as described category. You should also say that there was no one to address this issue at the merchant. This would get their attention.
Funny thing, they replied to me on social media about two minutes ago saying they have contacted their international shipper and will be reaching out to resolve the issue.

Do they monitor here?