Dear Dooney.com, please get your act together.

BW: good luck. Hopefully you will be able to resolve the problem over time. Don't give up but
accept that it will be a PITA and may take a lot of follow-up. After that.... enjoy the collection you have
and wait for the outlet stores to reopen and for you to be comfortable shopping in person.
Even returns that go according to plan are a lot of work (and cost $) for the opportunity to see a bag
that turns out to have a problem.... either not right for us or just not right itself. I've kept far too many
bags that I should have returned when I didn't love them. And even bags with defects that I
do return cost me the return s&h.

Reactions: BadWolf10
I definitely have returned several bags. Always in their wrapped, uncarried state of course. I have spent way too much on return shipping, like you said, just to get to see a bag in person and see if it's for me. I think from here going forward, if I order a bag, I need to be sure it's a style I love. Unfortunately, not all their styles make it to the outlet. I have a few that never made it there and are online orders. And some of those are my favorites (Logan drawstring, red tartan drawstring, Harrison Hobo, Calypso Patterson Paige....) But, it gets too costly to just try a bag out. I do wish they had free return shipping, like Coach, but I am sure they don't as they assume most will just keep their order. Dooney CS is not quite on par with other retailers in their price point. I know they aren't High End like say LV or Burberry, but Coach manages to keep a high level of customer service satisfaction. I was looking for a wallet to match my new Coach Shay, I called the Schaumburg store, the CS was not only friendly and helpful, she offered to ship the wallet for free since my drive would have been 40 mins to get there. Even the Dooney store isn't that friendly. Oh well, I guess the bad CS from Dooney is the trade off for when we do find an amazing bag. I think you are right though, I will stick to the outlet store front. In fact, some of my favorite bags are those that others have purchased for me. Hubby is particularly good about picking out great bags (he is a keeper), so I might just not buy for quite some time and wait for Bday and Christmas gifts. It makes the bag even more special that way for sure.

I hope you get your refund soon. Stay safe.

Last edited:
I definitely have returned several bags. Always in their wrapped, uncarried state of course. I have spent way too much on return shipping, like you said, just to get to see a bag in person and see if it's for me. I think from here going forward, if I order a bag, I need to be sure it's a style I love. Unfortunately, not all their styles make it to the outlet. I have a few that never made it there and are online orders. And some of those are my favorites (Logan drawstring, red tartan drawstring, Harrison Hobo, Calypso Patterson Paige....) But, it gets too costly to just try a bag out. I do wish they had free return shipping, like Coach, but I am sure they don't as they assume most will just keep their order. Dooney CS is not quite on par with other retailers in their price point. I know they aren't High End like say LV or Burberry, but Coach manages to keep a high level of customer service satisfaction. I was looking for a wallet to match my new Coach Shay, I called the Schaumburg store, the CS was not only friendly and helpful, she offered to ship the wallet for free since my drive would have been 40 mins to get there. Even the Dooney store isn't that friendly. Oh well, I guess the bad CS from Dooney is the trade off for when we do find an amazing bag. I think you are right though, I will stick to the outlet store front. In fact, some of my favorite bags are those that others have purchased for me. Hubby is particularly good about picking out great bags (he is a keeper), so I might just not buy for quite some time and wait for Bday and Christmas gifts. It makes the bag even more special that way for sure.

I hope you get your refund soon. Stay safe.
Yes, it's annoying to have to pay for return shipping,, even the $7.50 that's a fraction of what it would cost to ship on your own. But shipping is expensive. And.... we end up paying for it in the price... one way or another.

When I compare the prices (list and on sale) of Coach and Dooney.... for the quality of the leather and the construction.... in my experience.... Dooney is a much better buy, even with return shipping costs. As for CS.... yes, Dooney needs to do a better job. But great CS at Coach doesn't make up for expensive bags shipped without the shoulder/cross body strap, or bags shipped from a store that have handle impressions on the front and back.

Our experiences with different companies reflect how we each think about their service and products....
and everyone has had different experiences. And I have to keep reminding myself.... I don't need anymore handbags. So I use these frustrations as a 'sign' to stop buying, for a while. Then I get another sale email.... and well, you know the story. Right now I'm waiting for a new Alto to arrive.

Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I agree Dooney is still better quality than Coach. I will only buy/put on my wish list specific Coach bags. My new Shay is an exception, it is great quality leather, but you are right so many are not. I do feel like the Dooney leather, especially the Alto and Florentine, rival brands like Burberry quality at a fraction of the cost. Even in all my frustration, I did order another bag :lol:. Waiting for the new Pebble Grain hobo in Clementine, and eyeing the spearmint color. Alas, I am addicted, even in all my frustrations lol. First world problems lol. Enjoy your new alto!!

They FINALLY refunded the handbag yesterday. Over a month later. But at least I have my money back.
Yea! Glad it worked out. It shouldn't be that hard.... but it is sometimes.
I was finally able to reach a human in CS at Macy's and got my issue resolved also.

The only 'good thing' about these incidents is they tend to make me think twice
about ordering something else from these companies. But.... the bad memories
are soon crowed out by the excitement of a new treasure.

Time to 'shop my closet' again.... maybe that will tamp down the desire for
another handbag. I don't need another handbag.

QVC showed some new Florentine styles in the last Dooney
show. A satchel with woven strap attachment detail has my name written
on it. They seem to be doing a few 'new' styles with that woven accent.
The bags themselves aren't new designs, but I love the woven strap detail.
And the slightly domed satchel shape (from Dillen and pebbled leather archives)
was one of my favorite handbag styles. Now all I have to do is wait for sales
at ILD and colors I like. Florentine leather would be welcome or even pebbled leather.

Didn't I just say I don't need any more handbags? That didn't last long. :smile:

I'm glad Macys finally resolved your issue. I agree I no longer need any bags. Probably for the rest of my life lol.

I love the woven strap too. My twist strap hobo and my Logan are 2 of my favorite bags because of it. (the hobo is problematic though because of that flap over top).

I had decided no more bags until my Christmas list, they maybe not even then. BUT ILoveDooney has a florentine logan on sale. So i order one in Chestnut :biggrin:

Lol you will have to let me know if you get one..... Logan is my favorite bag.
BW: resisting so far, but the Logan is beautiful. I love the look of the drawstring bag,
but it's not a good carry for me. I can't do shoulder or cross body and the straps are
usually too long to hand carry or the bag hits my ankles. Pictures of models who
fold the straps look good, but it doesn't work well in real life. So I try to resist buying
new drawstring bags, but I must admit I often weaken. Somewhere in my closet is a
natural Flo drawstring that I had to have. I visited that bag in the Dooney boutique
at least a dozen times before buying it. It's just so beautiful I had to own it.
I'm trying not to add more 'collectors' pieces..... admired but not used.

BW: please proceed to the 'enabler corner'.... I ordered the Logan in Chestnut.
It's your fault for tempting me and the ILD sale (FRIEND) of an extra 39% off
made it impossible for me to resist. I'm resigned to carry the bag in my hand
with the strap folded. The Logan in Florentine was just too beautiful to resist. :smile:
And if I hadn't recently bought an all black pebbled leather drawstring, I would
have considered the black Flo Logan.... also?????

I'm doing my part for the economy.... between the purchases themselves and the
sales tax, I'm supporting Dooney, UPS, and my state. That's my justification,
and I'm sticking too it.

I recently signed up for the Dooney rewards program. With what I buy,
it seemed silly not to get some extra discounts on future purchases.

I have been known to be an enabler when it comes to shopping, lol

You will love it... she is a beauty. And thanks for the info on the FRIEND sale. I actually ordered again and used points. Saved me an additional $50. I wanted to get one for my mom for Christmas, so now she will have a beauty to open and at a great price for me :smile:

I have been known to be an enabler when it comes to shopping, lol

You will love it... she is a beauty. And thanks for the info on the FRIEND sale. I actually ordered again and used points. Saved me an additional $50. I wanted to get one for my mom for Christmas, so now she will have a beauty to open and at a great price for me :smile:

Glad you were able to score one for your Mom.

I've never had a Logan. The listing says 'small'...
but from the dimensions it seems like a good sized handbag.
I don't want a small handbag, but I don't need a huge one either.
I've been mislead before by Dooney measurement listing that
can't possibly be right for the bag that I've gotten.
Can you give me any size comparisons to other Dooney styles
or verify the measurements if you have another small Logan
you can get to? Thanks.

Oh, and I did another buy.... OMG... I had purchased the Flo Camden Hobo some months back. And then Returned it uncarried. I had purchased it at almost retail and I just couldn't justify the price, as much as I loved it. So I sent it back. But with today's ILD FRIEND code and my points ($30 worth), it made it a great buy.