Dear Dooney.com, please get your act together.

Well here we go......D&B just sucked out $500 out of my checking :cursing: for 2 bags, one purchased mid May, another purchased mid July.
Ya'll please do not do as I did which was look back through my account for D&B debits only. Look at what you purchased for the past year & find where the amount was actually debited.
I swear.....I don't think I can stand to carry a dang Dooney right now.

Well here we go......D&B just sucked out $500 out of my checking :cursing: for 2 bags, one purchased mid May, another purchased mid July.
Ya'll please do not do as I did which was look back through my account for D&B debits only. Look at what you purchased for the past year & find where the amount was actually debited.
Oh my goodness, I have been following this tread and they are out of control! My last purchase with them was last year at Christmas (I think....) anyway, my credit card number has changed and they don’t have the new one. I think ya’ll need to cancel your current cards and get new ones.....

Reactions: Lilybarb
Oh for heaven's sake, how annoying. You know, I was wondering if they might try to charge us for those bags that were bought/returned and never charged/credited to our cards?? What proof do we have about those transactions? Just UGH.

I didn't cancel my credit card but I think I'm going to do that tomorrow. I don't know what recourse we have.

Oh my goodness, I have been following this tread and they are out of control! My last purchase with them was last year at Christmas (I think....) anyway, my credit card number has changed and they don’t have the new one. I think ya’ll need to cancel your current cards and get new ones.....
Agree wholeheartedly.

Oh for heaven's sake, how annoying. You know, I was wondering if they might try to charge us for those bags that were bought/returned and never charged/credited to our cards?? What proof do we have about those transactions? Just UGH.

I didn't cancel my credit card but I think I'm going to do that tomorrow. I don't know what recourse we have.
Isn't that a scary thought.

Isn't that a scary thought.
You have all made me much more cautious, and I'm watching my credit card charges carefully. I recently ordered several items from Dooney.com. There was a pending charge for the entire amount as soon as the order was confirmed.

The order was shipped from 2 different warehouses, and for each package my credit card was charged only for the items in that box.
The 2 charges added up to the original total. The pending (original amount) dropped off the credit care, and the 2 subsequent charges have stayed in my account.

I was a little concerned when I saw what looked like more than one charge for the same order.... but it looks like it's ok. Companies often put a pending charge on a credit card to verify that your card is good for that total amount. But if they don't confirm that amount within a certain time period, the credit card company drops it off. So, it seems like Dooney got it right, this time. Of course, I'll watch the actual bill and make sure it's right.... now and in the future. Fingers crossed.

So far I've gotten my magenta zip zip and the steel grey Sellaria zip card case. Both are keepers. :smile: This is my first Sellaria leather item. I've been drawn to the look and thought a card case was a good way to check it out.. The Sellaria leather is beatufiul. We will see how it holds up with use. The steel grey is a very rich saturated grey. It's a little darker than I imagined, but it's a very nice color grey. And the satin finish on the leather gives it a glow.

I need professional help. Truly. I bought something from Dooney.com because it was the only place to get that color in that style. I used my credit card, not debit, and paid in full rather than risk their famous Dooneypay shenanigans but I of course am still just as vulnerable to their other double-charging offenses with which they've assaulted several times.

Last week I went to Nordstrom Rack and was looking at all the similarly priced designers side by side with the Dooneys they had in-store. There was no comparison. Dooney quality continues to come up trumps.

I know that subconsciously affected my choice to place a purchase this week from the black hole of customer service hell, Dooney.com.

There must be something wrong with a person who keeps getting burned and goes back to using the same stove.

I need professional help. Truly. I bought something from Dooney.com because it was the only place to get that color in that style. I used my credit card, not debit, and paid in full rather than risk their famous Dooneypay shenanigans but I of course am still just as vulnerable to their other double-charging offenses with which they've assaulted several times.

Last week I went to Nordstrom Rack and was looking at all the similarly priced designers side by side with the Dooneys they had in-store. There was no comparison. Dooney quality continues to come up trumps.

I know that subconsciously affected my choice to place a purchase this week from the black hole of customer service hell, Dooney.com.

There must be something wrong with a person who keeps getting burned and goes back to using the same stove.

DD: I hope your new Dooney arrives quickly and is just wonderful. And there are no 'issues' with billing, etc.

I've bought a lot from Dooney and ILD online. In my experience, if you use a credit card and pay in full, things usually go smoothly. Even standard returns, using their online forms, are handled without problem...as long as you recognize you will have to eat the cost of the return shipping.

I think the problems arise when things go outside the simple path. Somehow debit cards, dooney pay, out of stock situations, etc. seem to foul thing up. Of course, that should not happen. But it does.

As for our continuing to buy from Dooney and ILD, despite the problems that are often reported..... for me.... it's the quality of the handbags, the sale pricing, and the colors/styles that get me every time. I try to keep the transactions as simple as possible.... to avoid issues. And unless I have to bundle items to get a bigger discount, I usually try to put only one item in each order. Multiple items often ship separately and it makes tracking harder for me. And more likely problems and missing items to try to resolve.

Fingers crossed for you. What did you order?

Well, here we go again. I was just sitting here and got an alert on my cellphone of a transaction "declined" from Dooney & Bourke. It makes me wonder what on earth triggers a "decline" and what is happening that my credit card company believes is shady. I am beyond annoyed and haven't bought anything from Dooney in months. Of course it's too late to call them but I'm getting steamed by this crap. Just an FYI to remain vigilant if you have EVER bought anything from Dooney & Bourke's website.

Well, here we go again. I was just sitting here and got an alert on my cellphone of a transaction "declined" from Dooney & Bourke. It makes me wonder what on earth triggers a "decline" and what is happening that my credit card company believes is shady. I am beyond annoyed and haven't bought anything from Dooney in months. Of course it's too late to call them but I'm getting steamed by this crap. Just an FYI to remain vigilant if you have EVER bought anything from Dooney & Bourke's website.
MB: some credit card companies will decline a charge from an out of town company. It's happened to a friend of mine when she made a purchase by phone to a store in another state. It's part of the credit card companies theft and fraud prevention protocols. Unfortunately, customers get caught up in the hassle even when it's a legitimate purchase. Start by calling your CC company and find out the details. If you made the purchase, you can ask them to authorize it and then figure out how to get Dooney to either re-charge or if you have to re-order.
Good luck.

MB: some credit card companies will decline a charge from an out of town company. It's happened to a friend of mine when she made a purchase by phone to a store in another state. It's part of the credit card companies theft and fraud prevention protocols. Unfortunately, customers get caught up in the hassle even when it's a legitimate purchase. Start by calling your CC company and find out the details. If you made the purchase, you can ask them to authorize it and then figure out how to get Dooney to either re-charge or if you have to re-order.
Good luck.
Thanks LJ. My point was, I DID NOT MAKE A PURCHASE. I haven't bought anything for a few months and my last purchases were not "Dooney pay," so I don't owe them anything. There is no reason they should be trying to charge my credit card, and yet they still won't remove it from their website. I'm done ordering from Dooney and Bourke. I should have reported unauthorized activity on my credit card last time this happened and had the card replaced. I will do that this time.

Well, my credit card company said that the transaction was declined because "incorrect information was provided," though the transaction originated from Dooney & Bourke. I still have no idea why Dooney is attempting to charge me AGAIN for a bag that was purchased and paid for months ago. I sent an email to [email protected] today, blasting them for the ridiculous lack of professionalism and asking them to close my account and remove all of my data from their website. I also reported unauthorized activity on my credit card so I'll be getting a new one.

Stick a fork in me; I'm done.