Dear Dooney.com, please get your act together.

Has anyone sent a complaint to the BBB? That might get their attention. I too think it's ridiculous no one can answer an email.

I haven't, and I agree that it's ridiculous that they can't seem to respond to their customers by email or phone. Phone hold time is horrible, and many times people are on hold so long that the call just drops. :mad:

Hi Sarah and LID!

This is so disappointing to hear! I'm sorry both of you have to go through hoops just to cancel a bag and get a credit. Maybe Dooney wants us to shop other sources for our bags (Outlet stores,ILD, Amazon, QVC, retail stores), so they don't have to fully staff their Customer Service or warehouse). But it looks very bad for the brand when we can't get properly serviced through their website regardless of how good customer service is at the other sources.

Since Dooney gets a piece of the pie wherever we shop, maybe we should buy NWT or gently used bags on ebay. This forum is a great source for alerting each other to good buys and sellers we've had a good experience with. And I get my ebay purchases faster than most Dooney sources!

I'm happy with my Dooney collection at this point too. When I'm feeling impulsive I'll refer to this thread as a way of getting the monkey off my back.(Or I'll check out ebay!)

Good luck to both of you!

Hey Chickie! To be honest, I didn't get annoyed until I tried for several days to get shipping information with no response. So then I got irritated and decided that I didn't want to wait any longer and sent the cancellation request. Of course, none of my THREE emails got any response.

On top of this, their website is terrible and there is no way to get updated order status there, either. Orders I made a year ago are still "in processing" according to their website. :rolleyes: So the initial email that is generated when an order is placed directs the customer to the website for order information that is not available. :cray:

Hey Chickie! To be honest, I didn't get annoyed until I tried for several days to get shipping information with no response. So then I got irritated and decided that I didn't want to wait any longer and sent the cancellation request. Of course, none of my THREE emails got any response.

On top of this, their website is terrible and there is no way to get updated order status there, either. Orders I made a year ago are still "in processing" according to their website. :rolleyes: So the initial email that is generated when an order is placed directs the customer to the website for order information that is not available. :cray:

It's crazy because online shopping is not new. Even small companies have the capability to update your order status. And they offer live chats, which I did last week with a new to me company I was ordering from for the first time. They shipped my item the same day I ordered it and updated the tracking info on my account. I don't understand why Dooney can't do that, when just about every other online retailer can!

It's crazy because online shopping is not new. Even small companies have the capability to update your order status. And they offer live chats, which I did last week with a new to me company I was ordering from for the first time. They shipped my item the same day I ordered it and updated the tracking info on my account. I don't understand why Dooney can't do that, when just about every other online retailer can!

:tup: Exactly.

I just thought of something. Have you tried gently blasting them on their Facebook page? A lot of companies take social media very seriously.

I had a ridiculously frustrating experience with a Chamilia order. I returned part of it but wasn't credited properly. I made at least 12 calls, sent 7 emails, waited over 30 days to have a seemingly simple adjustment made. Their CS was horrible. So I went on their Facebook page & complained. Within hours the VP of sales called me himself. My entire order was refunded & a week later I was sent a package containing $150 in free merchandise. He was embarrassed by his call center & took steps to ensure it wouldn't happen to anyone else.

It's certainly worth a try.

I just thought of something. Have you tried gently blasting them on their Facebook page? A lot of companies take social media very seriously.

I had a ridiculously frustrating experience with a Chamilia order. I returned part of it but wasn't credited properly. I made at least 12 calls, sent 7 emails, waited over 30 days to have a seemingly simple adjustment made. Their CS was horrible. So I went on their Facebook page & complained. Within hours the VP of sales called me himself. My entire order was refunded & a week later I was sent a package containing $150 in free merchandise. He was embarrassed by his call center & took steps to ensure it wouldn't happen to anyone else.

It's certainly worth a try.

Good idea; unfortunately I am one of the 7 people left on earth who don't use Facebook or any of the "social media." :lol: This forum is as social as I ever get, so I have to do my *****ing here!! Thanks for the suggestion.

I just ( FINALLY) received a shipment notice for my 12 DOD order this morning, and of course the tracking link does not work. Then I logged into my account on Dooney.com and the order that I got the shipment notice for still says " being processed, not shipped"

:pout: If their bags were not so beautifully made they would have NO business of mine. But I agree, how hard is it to correct these things?

I just ( FINALLY) received a shipment notice for my 12 DOD order this morning, and of course the tracking link does not work. Then I logged into my account on Dooney.com and the order that I got the shipment notice for still says " being processed, not shipped"

:pout: If their bags were not so beautifully made they would have NO business of mine. But I agree, how hard is it to correct these things?
another dooney lover here who's had much better luck with ild. shipping is slow, packing is slipshod, but orders do arrive.

whereas with dooney itself, its like descending into a labyrinth...ive gotten through, but not without difficulty.

cannot imagine what their corporate is ( or is not) thinking?

With all the complaints about their crummy website and terrible customer service, I have decided I am not buying anything else directly from Dooney. It amazes me that ILoveDooney.com is so much better than their regular website when it comes to customer service. What the heck?

Here's my latest annoyance. I ordered an in-stock bag from Dooney.com TWO WEEKS AGO and I haven't gotten any shipping notice or anything (which seems to be their SOP lately). They had put a hold on my credit card on Dec. 31, but then the hold dropped off and nothing.

I sent two emails last week asking for updates; no response. So I sent a THIRD email saying "CANCEL THE ORDER." No response. Today I decided I would call and wait on hold for customer service, so I put my phone on speaker and waited for 21 minutes.

Finally a person answers and I ask her what is going on with them. I tell her I requested a cancellation of that order, and I would like the status. Oh, what a COINCIDENCE!!! She said they printed the shipping label TODAY and it was in the process of shipping so they can't cancel. :censor: Yeah, whatever. I told her I was going to refuse the package and to have a nice day.

Then I checked my credit card and no charge has been processed. So I called my credit card company and asked if I could block that charge when they put it through, and the rep said no, I can't block a single merchant. BUT, I could put a block on the card for ALL CHARGES, so I did. :giggles:

There is no balance on that card and I don't plan on using it to buy anything, so good luck, Dooney. :cool: When someone places an order for your in-stock merchandise, then SHIP IT. When they say "cancel an order," then DO IT. Stop with the games; it's annoying.

I am done with Dooney for a while. I don't need the aggravation.
Sorry You went through this.
I am confused. Dooney owns ILD. So why the different customer service? Its crazy.

Last edited:

Isn't it MADDENING?? I hope you get your order soon.

another dooney lover here who's had much better luck with ild. shipping is slow, packing is slipshod, but orders do arrive.

whereas with dooney itself, its like descending into a labyrinth...ive gotten through, but not without difficulty.

cannot imagine what their corporate is ( or is not) thinking?

In this day of internet commerce, they would be well-served to get their act together. People ain't got no time fo dat!! :roflmfao:

Sorry You through this.
I am confused. Dooney owns ILD. So why the different customer service? Its crazy.

Hey Chickie! That's the million-dollar question. When I have ordered from ILD, they actually UPDATE my account info on their website and send me a tracking number. I can't imagine how the "outlet" website is better run than the main website. :confused1:

That is terrible customer service! It makes no sense at a time when online shopping is booming. I have only ordered directly from them once (which was last year I think) during the 12 days sale. I did get my items but I remember the shipping being slow.

Good idea; unfortunately I am one of the 7 people left on earth who don't use Facebook or any of the "social media." :lol: This forum is as social as I ever get, so I have to do my *****ing here!! Thanks for the suggestion.
Ha! I, too, am not a media socialite except for this forum. And I thought I was the only one! It would have been a great idea though. I am going to try to call next week Monday, and every day after until I get an answer. Luckily I will be home all day Friday and I can sit on hold until the cows come home. And if the call hangs up due to a ridiculous wait time, which I have also experienced before by them, I will hit Redial! Bwah hah hah!

Hi Sarah and LID!

This is so disappointing to hear! I'm sorry both of you have to go through hoops just to cancel a bag and get a credit. Maybe Dooney wants us to shop other sources for our bags (Outlet stores,ILD, Amazon, QVC, retail stores), so they don't have to fully staff their Customer Service or warehouse). But it looks very bad for the brand when we can't get properly serviced through their website regardless of how good customer service is at the other sources.

Since Dooney gets a piece of the pie wherever we shop, maybe we should buy NWT or gently used bags on ebay. This forum is a great source for alerting each other to good buys and sellers we've had a good experience with. And I get my ebay purchases faster than most Dooney sources!

I'm happy with my Dooney collection at this point too. When I'm feeling impulsive I'll refer to this thread as a way of getting the monkey off my back.(Or I'll check out ebay!)

Good luck to both of you!
Thank you! You are very kind. You are right. I, too, should be more than happy with the collection that I have. But they keep making more and more beautiful bags! Thank goodness we have other options to bring those beauties home.