Dear Dooney.com, please get your act together.

Update on the Invicta mystery. Received a mailing label from Dooney, returned. Got a call a few days later from the rep. saying watch had arrived, reiterated she'd mailed a complimentary item for my trouble. She said they were thinking that the watch might have originated from an Amazon mixup. Anyway, this little lovely arrived today.

Attachments

• dooneygift.JPG
    dooneygift.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 433
Update on the Invicta mystery. Received a mailing label from Dooney, returned. Got a call a few days later from the rep. saying watch had arrived, reiterated she'd mailed a complimentary item for my trouble. She said they were thinking that the watch might have originated from an Amazon mixup. Anyway, this little lovely arrived today.

What a nice little happy! Enjoy!!!

Has anyone had a hard time logging into their ilovedooney account? It keeps telling me my password is wrong (which is saved on my imac so it isn't wrong) and never sends me the reset password link in an email. I've sent them a message but I know it takes forever for them to respond.

I have a Olivia Satchel with peeling "paint" (?) on the trim that I need warranty service on. It is the most bizarre thing, it literally looks like the brown tmoro piping was painted on!

Then they replied with "we don't have you as a customer". Um well I've made 5 purchases in the past year so how is it that you've charged my card if I'm not a customer? Wth?

Then they replied with "we don't have you as a customer". Um well I've made 5 purchases in the past year so how is it that you've charged my card if I'm not a customer? Wth?
So annoying. They should know they "upgraded" their website and to look back on old records. Dumbwads. Do you happen to have any paperwork showing order numbers? You will still have to sign up again on their "new and improved" :rolleyes: website; we all had to. (And our account history disappeared... plus now they charge sales tax. Ugh)

I ordered an Elisa bag from dooney.com during their 12+ DoD and was starting to worry that there would be issues since the bag/color combo almost immediately disappeared from their website. Ordered yesterday, 12/14, and the bag was actually packaged and sent off to UPS today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed until I see UPS actually mark the package as in transit, but I have hope!
Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 12.49.14 PM.png

Reactions: keishapie1973
I am reviving this thread prior to the holiday shopping season to post of my somewhat negative experience with dooney.com. FWIW This was my first order there.

In October, I ordered two small bags when they had the 20% off sale. One bag shipped fairly quickly, and the other said "ready" by about 3 days after I placed the order. The first bag arrived about the 8th or 9th day after I placed the order. By mid that week the other bag status changed to "backordered" and the quantity said cancelled- 0. Since the sale was still going on, I ordered a different color on another credit card in a separate order. That bag also arrived within about 8 days. After reading this thread regarding cancelled merchandise, I was wondering if they would just send out the other bag at some point. I really didn't want it, but I also did not have hours to spend trying to make sure it was cancelled. (Also it seemed based on other people's posts that they might just revive cancelled orders.)

A week or so later, I logged back in and checked the order status, and now it showed that the previously cancelled order had a status of shipped -BUT- the tracking number was that of the original bag send weeks before (and which only contained one bag.) Now I was getting upset.
I thought what kind of fraud is this. I kept checking my cc, but I did not get a charge. A few days or a week later, I see that I have a temporary authorization on my cc. I then log into dooney.com and I see that the status has reverted to "backordered" and quantity 0 - canceled. The charge has not yet made it to posted charges, it is still on temporary authorization. I am waiting to see if the charge drops off of temporary or not. Usually it takes about a week if things don't go to posted charges.

I don't think that they will have the bag in again, as I think the color may have been discontinued.

The packing slips from the items that I received do say that they will never charge you unless the item ships (I believe this means post the charge- as many companies put a temporary auth on your card and adjust it to post only for items shipped as standard practice.) I don't think this is yet cause for complaint to my cc company. However, I am mystified as to what possibly could be going on - especially the change from cancelled to shipped (when it was not shipped, and after the original package was received), and then to cancelled but with a temporary charge posted.

I prefer ordering from a company that has better inventory control and will not say that an item is available if it is sold out or otherwise not available for prompt shipping.

They did it again. I thought it was resolved when the november temporary charge disappeared. A temp. auth is now back. The order status is till backordered/cancelled.

I am beginning to think I may need to change my cc # to get rid of this.