Dealing with Saint-Louis handles

When it happened to my 5 year old white goyard St Louis I paid for it, thinking it was my wear and tear. But then it happened to my grey Saint Louis after 3 months this time I said I wasn't going to pay for it, so they made the changes for free. It happened again to the grey one and this time again for free. That said, they said they changed the coating so hopefully it won't happen again.
Appreciate your sharing

My black St Louis will be two years old next month. Just a few weeks ago I noticed the straps are sticky near the bottom of the strap near the area where they attach to the bag. I haven’t noticed any transfer onto my clothing yet. I used a leather cleaning wipe and that helped a little. It’s finally cooling off here so it seems to be a bit less tacky in the cold weather. I suspect at some point I will have to take it in to Goyard and have the straps changed. While I’m very aware that cracking resin will happen with use and corner wear is also an issue with this bag those are things I can accept as part of the wear and tear on this bag. However this issue is totally a quality control and I really think as Goyard knows about the problem they should replace sticky handles at no charge. It’s bad enough that you have to be without the bag for a number of weeks while it’s out for repair. I also live in a state without a store so I usually shop at the NYC boutique so I’ll have to wait until I’m traveling there to even send it off.

I bought my St Louis from Paris PRINTEMPS 2 years ago. Used only twice and the handle melted. Brought it back to SG boutique and waited 6 months for them to shipped the handle spare parts over. Thought the nightmare is finally over but in Less than 3 months, the strap hanging the small pouch to the bag has melted this time and caused the interior of bag to have 'beautiful' red stains all over. Horrible. I felt really embarrassed every time i use the bag. I did not go back to the boutique and complaint as i totally give up on this bag.
I have dehumidifier that is always on and on aircon ever night. I have no issues with bags from other brands.

Attachments

• IMG_8464.jpg
    IMG_8464.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_8465.jpg
    IMG_8465.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 257
I bought my St Louis from Paris PRINTEMPS 2 years ago. Used only twice and the handle melted. Brought it back to SG boutique and waited 6 months for them to shipped the handle spare parts over. Thought the nightmare is finally over but in Less than 3 months, the strap hanging the small pouch to the bag has melted this time and caused the interior of bag to have 'beautiful' red stains all over. Horrible. I felt really embarrassed every time i use the bag. I did not go back to the boutique and complaint as i totally give up on this bag.
I have dehumidifier that is always on and on aircon ever night. I have no issues with bags from other brands.
I will head to the Ngee Ann City boutique, I am sure they will be willing to help as they did for me, multiple times. Happy to report that so far the new coating on the handle has no problem and yes I am also based in Singapore! Hope they can fix it for you!

Reactions: PetiteAsian
I will head to the Ngee Ann City boutique, I am sure they will be willing to help as they did for me, multiple times. Happy to report that so far the new coating on the handle has no problem and yes I am also based in Singapore! Hope they can fix it for you!
Hi! May I know how long did it take for them to fix it? Also, what's the cost like (my bag is over 2 years). TIA.

Hi! May I know how long did it take for them to fix it? Also, what's the cost like (my bag is over 2 years). TIA.
For one bag it took one month and for the other about 10 days. I paid for one bag as I genuinely thought it was wear and tear and my bag was about 5/6 years old at the time but the second time around it happened on 3 months bag and they did it for free. I have told many friends who had the same issue and most of them got the replacement handle free of charge as well. Hope this helps!

I am glad I found this thread as I just noticed for the first time that the handles have melted and got stuck together. As this bag is being advertised as a beach bag, it is a shame that it happens. For the price Goyard charges, the purchaser should not be wasting their time on trying to fix it. I am selling mine as-is and never buying Goyard again!

How old is your bag?
I bought it in 2017. I live in Canada so mostly dry climate. It is stored properly in a closet with a/c. Like new condition except for this issue. I am so fed up with companies charging an arm and a leg and delivering sub-par product. If I actually used it as advertised “beach bag” the entire bag would probably melt…

This is a real shame.