Dealing with bad seller

selmom07

Yes, please.
O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Oh god, I bought a fake Venetia from this ebay seller about a month ago. I knew it was fake when I opened the box. It was totally my fault, not fully authenticating first, but her auction stated she offered a refund and I jumped in. Well, zippers were wrong, interior was wrong, no serial tag--a TOTAL fake bag. The front buckle on the pocket was also broken. I told her this via email. She adamantly denied 1) that it was fake and 2) that it was broken.

I was very nice, tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, that she didn't know, etc. But she refused to give refund. I filed a claim and yesterday Paypal decided in my favor and refunded my money. (It was only $225). They told me to ship the bag back, which I did, in the exact box and condition I got it. Now this woman has filed a fraud claim against me with the Post Office for crying out loud, saying I vandalized the bag, all kinds of insane stuff. She has filed more disputes with ebay, paypal. It's just a big huge mess.

Anyone have similiar experience and could lend me sound advice? I've told both ebay and Paypal that I have all correspondence from and to this seller. I have photos of the bag as I received it and so on. Doesn't stop the headaches though. My first bad experience on ebay in ten years of using it.

Oi. Live and learn.

OMG, selmom!! That's awful!! So sorry you're dealing with that. What a psycho bee-atch! I'm sorry, but filing a false fraud claim with the postal service has to be a pretty major no-no. I wish I had some helpful advice, but I just wanted to say that this sucks out loud and I hope it gets resolved QUICKLY!

selmom - so sorry you are dealing w/ this. I've had paypal disputes before (all in my favor) but after palypal's decision & receiving my $ back that was the end of the issue. So I don't have any advice on a postal claim or if the seller can file a claim against you once paypal has ruled.

Have you posted in the main ebay thread?: http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/ You might get more responses. Good luck!!! HTH

oh no, i'm so sorry you are dealing with this!!! :sad:
i would hope that the paypal/ebay investigator is smart enough and has seen enough of these cases to realize that she's just retaliating.
please let us know what happens. hang in there!!!!

I think shop2drop's idea of posting this in the main thread is a very good one. Also, do you mind sharing the name of this seller so no one else deals with her? Thanks!

Ugh. Ebay is infested with jerks. I'm so sorry you encountered one of the worst! Well you already won the paypal claim, so don't worry about it. Even if this looney seller is coming at you, the worst that would happen is Paypal would give them the money out of their pockets. They won't take it from you.

Oh jeepers, what a mess. I'm so sorry. Do you have any photographs of the bag before you packed it up?

I'm beginning to wonder if the only prevention for situations like this is to videotape every step of a transaction, from receiving the package, opening the package, inspecting the bag - and if a return is necessary, reversing the process and recording everything right up to taping the box and taking it to the post office!

I hope you can get this resolved - in YOUR favor. Please keep us posted! :hugs:

paypal has already sided with you plus you have all the evidence you need in case this does escalate to a bigger issue. you used delivery confirmation when you mailed the bag back to her, right? if she wants to file all these fraud claims, let her. i doubt anything will come of it. i'm so sorry you had to deal with this! i've been there. be sure to leave her negative feedback. the b!tch deserves it.

Crap! What a pain. I would e-mail her and tell her that if she continues with the lies you will file federal mail fraud charges against her for sending fake merchandise through the federal mail service. Sounds like you have done everything right. As long as you have the pics and the e-mail correspondence you will be fine. She might get herself into more trouble though.

^and for filing false claims with the mail service--a double whammy--she's going to end up getting herself in a lot of trouble--you don't want to mess with the federal offices--no way!

Im sorry to hear about your sticky situation. It may take some time, but you have all the proper evidence and have the paypal dispute under your belt...there is no way she is going to get away with this. MJ mob anyone? :cursing: