Deal breaker or no???

Mar 31, 2013
image.jpeg I just received these little cuties in the mail from Liebeskind. Upon examination, the attaching hardware at the end of the adjustable strap, the hardware where you attach the adjustable strap, and the zipper pull appear to be black plastic. These bags retail for $200 plus, but were on sale for about a $100 off. I'm very disappointed, especially since the other available colors appear to have metal hardware. I'm almost tempted to go with my original plan which was to compare the sizes, and keep one since they weren't expensive. But I would still be annoyed if the hardware started to scratch soon. What would you do?

Eta: seeing that closeup of the hardware, I see it already has a scratch. These are going to get worse. Guess they're going back :sad:

Attachments

Last edited:

seahorseinstripes

bag greed bug
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
summer land
www.bagcrazeblog.com
do you love it or not?
i do fall in love with bags in photos but sometimes when it arrived it just doesn't sing for me. mostly it's the leather or hardware, i'm very particular about those two.
about scratches on hardware, personally i think sooner or later it'll happen with use so i wouldn't be bother about that

but you do what your heart says, if you're not going to use it then ditch it

Reactions: Devyn Danielle

bonniekir

O.G.
Feb 8, 2007
View attachment 3556414 I just received these little cuties in the mail from Liebeskind. Upon examination, the attaching hardware at the end of the adjustable strap, the hardware where you attach the adjustable strap, and the zipper pull appear to be black plastic. These bags retail for $200 plus, but were on sale for about a $100 off. I'm very disappointed, especially since the other available colors appear to have metal hardware. I'm almost tempted to go with my original plan which was to compare the sizes, and keep one since they weren't expensive. But I would still be annoyed if the hardware started to scratch soon. What would you do?

Eta: seeing that closeup of the hardware, I see it already has a scratch. These are going to get worse. Guess they're going back :sad:
Oh, very cute bags indeed! but if the plastic annoys you now .. before using the bags.. I would surely return them!

Mariapia

Feb 21, 2012
France
do you love it or not?
i do fall in love with bags in photos but sometimes when it arrived it just doesn't sing for me. mostly it's the leather or hardware, i'm very particular about those two.
about scratches on hardware, personally i think sooner or later it'll happen with use so i wouldn't be bother about that

but you do what your heart says, if you're not going to use it then ditch it
+1

Sparkletastic

Jun 18, 2012
Qo'noS
I can't do plastic hardware. I'd send them back. There are too many brands who do good bags in that price range with metal hardware (Calvin Klein, etc.)