De-lurking with a plea for help!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all! I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, enjoying all your reveals, and thought it was time to say hi.

I'm looking to buy my first mulberry. I tried the Alexa on in John Lewis, but being so short, it was hanging around my knees - not a good look! But then earlier this week, in Victoria Station, I saw a lady with the most fab cerise messenger style bag, which I have completely fallen in love with.

After some trawling of the threads here, I am pretty certain it was a Somerset satchel (cross body messenger style, zip top and front). Has anyone seen one on their travels? Unfortunately, the pink would clash terribly with my red hair, so that's out.

Oh, and if it was you in Victoria, you looked fab!

2. Hi and welcome!

Mulberry aren't producing the Somerset messenger any more, but you may be able to find one at the outlets. There are four outlet stores: Shepton Mallet (the main one with factory where they make the bags), Bicester, York, and Cheshire Oaks. I have the phone numbers somewhere but can't find them at the moment. The numbers are also on the forum somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

3. Gosh, such quick replies! Thanks for the welcome and help ladies.

Pre-loved is certainly fine, and that bag looks fab, but the one I saw had little straps at the sides, which is why I think it is the satchel rather than the messenger.

4. Was the one you saw quite flat? That would be the older style Somerset messenger, like this one on ebay (needs authenticating).

5. Welcome to the forum Corylus! xx

6. Welcome Corylus, before you know it, bag lust of all different styles is gonna take over ;) :biggrin:

7. That's very pretty! I don't know the style name, though. I'm sure someone will come along who does!