De Grisogono brand and jewellery!

so_sofya1985

Jewellery Addict
O.G.
Sep 29, 2012
Ladies (and gentlemen)! I decided to start this thread to see your opinions on the brand De Grisogono!
I am sure you are all aware that the brand went bankrupt as part of a probe into the money laundering of an Angolan ex presidents daughter and it turned out she had a massive stake at the company for various reasons (wink wink).
Why did I start the thread? Because I’m sure like me, you or someone once upon a time “invested” in jewellery of this brand....
I would say I “overinvested” even.... so what’s your opinion?
Are we now left with worthless pieces of diamond creations or is there a future for the second hand market of these items once they become a “rarity”!

Ladies (and gentlemen)! I decided to start this thread to see your opinions on the brand De Grisogono!
I am sure you are all aware that the brand went bankrupt as part of a probe into the money laundering of an Angolan ex presidents daughter and it turned out she had a massive stake at the company for various reasons (wink wink).
Why did I start the thread? Because I’m sure like me, you or someone once upon a time “invested” in jewellery of this brand....
I would say I “overinvested” even.... so what’s your opinion?
Are we now left with worthless pieces of diamond creations or is there a future for the second hand market of these items once they become a “rarity”!
And while we are at it... let’s share De Grisogono beauties just between us girlfriends!

I actually disagree, although there is obviously Some value, what the items originally cost will and what the second hand market dictates - shows that at the moment you will be lucky to get 15-20 percent back of rrp. But will that change in the future? Will the individuality of the craftsmanship speak for itself and people start finally valuing it for what it is? That’s the question that is bugging me right now

If it is a high-end piece then I would try with an auction house if I ever wanted to sell. I would never buy jewellery for investment purposes as you will most likely lose on your ROI. Wear it and enjoy it. As long as it still gives you pleasure to look at I wouldn’t worry about it. Larger diamonds of good quality/clarity always have more value than small ones.

Reactions: 880 and papertiger
If it is a high-end piece then I would try with an auction house if I ever wanted to sell. I would never buy jewellery for investment purposes as you will most likely lose on your ROI. Wear it and enjoy it. As long as it still gives you pleasure to look at I wouldn’t worry about it. Larger diamonds of good quality/clarity always have more value than small ones.
Oh gosh no not investment purposes, it’s just sad that the resale of high end pieces is down to nothing... annoying really.

And in fact, I am going to partner with Bonhams to see and flock some pieces... some items I just don’t love anymore!so much money spent... for a hard sale

Reactions: gwendo25
And in fact, I am going to partner with Bonhams to see and flock some pieces... some items I just don’t love anymore!so much money spent... for a hard sale
Great idea, I just sold some gold pieces that I wasn’t wearing and received enough funds to purchase this preloved, beautiful quality, non designer diamond ring. In fact, I have done that a few times over the years and got beautiful pieces that I love.
7DC3EE82-CB92-4E7C-811E-61559DDDF969.jpeg

Reactions: hhw
Great idea, I just sold some gold pieces that I wasn’t wearing and received enough funds to purchase this preloved, beautiful quality, non designer diamond ring. In fact, I have done that a few times over the years and got beautiful pieces that I love.
View attachment 4773961
It is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I love fancy shape diamonds! My ER is a marquise!
Well done!

Reactions: gwendo25