DE Eva clutch or DE pochette?

monkeechu

O.G.
May 15, 2009
Any DE Eva cluch or pochette owners out there? Would you mind posting pics of how much you can fit inside? Would you consider it a staple item in your collection? What do you like/dislike about it?

I'd like something small I can fit into my DE Diane, that I can also use as a standalone purse if I needed to shed the bulk.

Thanks in advance!

Any DE Eva cluch or pochette owners out there? Would you mind posting pics of how much you can fit inside? Would you consider it a staple item in your collection? What do you like/dislike about it?

I'd like something small I can fit into my DE Diane, that I can also use as a standalone purse if I needed to shed the bulk.

Thanks in advance!
I have the De Eva and the regular pochette at one time but sold that because I felt they were kinda the same. I prefer the Eva because I like the cross body look and that I can use it as a clutch or nice shoulder bag. I think they can fit about the same things but one is more casual and depends on what you'd like.

I have the DE eva and epi pochette.
Here's my 2 cents, if you buy the pochette, you might feel you need the option of crossbody and would like to buy a strap which would equal the price of an Eva, which I did for my pochette. The disadvantage of the eva being inside another purse is the scratching of the plate. But as a stand alone purse, Eva wins.

I had the exact same question the other day. I wanted to use it as a holiday bag and thought I was going to get the pochette Nm with the extra strap which was £10 more expensive compared to the Eva. But when I went into store with my mum we both agreed there was not comparison ... The Eva as a bag is sooo much nicer. However I wanted it as a bag more then something inside my bag as I already have the mini pochette and other SLG for my bags. You could get an Eva and put it in the dust bag when inside your other bags or put a phone screen protector in the plate to help.

This is my Eva closed

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407603038.491828.jpg

This is what is inside it

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407603300.145032.jpg

You can fit the same amount in both.

Thank you for the input. I guess I like the more square shape of the pochette, but everyone is right that the Eva has a leg up because it comes with a crossbody strap. I have a Epi Segur pouch, that I was thinking of getting a crossbody strap for. But I couldn't justify paying $300 just for a strap.

Oh the decisions! ;)

I have both, they are equal in size to me, but the pochette is a little shorter and higher and the eva is a tad narrow in height and a little longer. I love both and with eva crossbody strap I use both ... For me, the strap makes my bag, pochette without eva strap would still be nice but not as much used. Hope that helps. IMO eva is a wonderful investment!

I prefer the DE Pochette because 1) it fits inside another bag easily 2) the strap included with the Pochette Accessoires NM is long enough to fit over my shoulder which is how I prefer to carry my bags; I don't care for the crossbody look and feel on me and 3) I prefer not to have the big metal plate on DE Eva. I much prefer the smaller metal plate on the mono Eva, but that is just me.
If you like to carry crossbody, or like the chain plus leather strap options, Eva is the better buy.

I prefer the DE Pochette because 1) it fits inside another bag easily 2) the strap included with the Pochette Accessoires NM is long enough to fit over my shoulder which is how I prefer to carry my bags; I don't care for the crossbody look and feel on me and 3) I prefer not to have the big metal plate on DE Eva. I much prefer the smaller metal plate on the mono Eva, but that is just me.
If you like to carry crossbody, or like the chain plus leather strap options, Eva is the better buy.
You are right. The pochette is a better option to carry it in other bags. ... The golden plate is no issue. Just protect it with a mobile screen protector foil, round the edges and voila ... Almost not noticable but save, love it.

Hope that helps ... Prefer damier ebene

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407621126.356190.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1407621147.676463.jpg

I'm not sure if you have considered what a lot of us pochette owners have done but you can buy a non LV gold chain to use as cross body... I purchased a few on eBay from seller rebirthday/k craft. Have fun deciding!

View attachment 2713826View attachment 2713827

I'm not sure if you have considered what a lot of us pochette owners have done but you can buy a non LV gold chain to use as cross body... I purchased a few on eBay from seller rebirthday/k craft. Have fun deciding!

Oooh, I like the eBay idea. May I ask if you went with the 5mm or 6mm? This buys me some time to decide. I can buy a silver one to repurpose my Epi Segur! The DH might raise an eyebrow if I bring another LV box home. :P

Oooh, I like the eBay idea. May I ask if you went with the 5mm or 6mm? This buys me some time to decide. I can buy a silver one to repurpose my Epi Segur! The DH might raise an eyebrow if I bring another LV box home. :P

I chose the 6mm and I bought both lengths which was fun to have different strap options :smile: HTH!

Hi. I looked at both and wanted a bag I could wear crossbody to go to say, a park, with my niece. I also wanted a bag I could put inside a bigger bag for travel.

I chose the pochette NM and bought the extra adjustable strap. I love it.

I wanted a square shape and the Eva curves in, so it actually fits slightly less for me because the sides curve in. Plus, I thought the gold are was too flashy and the pochette was more classic.

On the strap, I first bought the non-adjustable strap, but when I got home, it was a tad bit too long. I am 5' 2". I think when wearing a crossbody bag, the length has to hit correctly otherwise it makes a person look dumpy. I see way too many pics with ladies who wear straps that are way too long and it makes them look like they have short legs. So be aware of where your bag hits you.

I love my decision. It works for exactly what I want. I mainly use it as an extra bag when I travel. If needed, I can crossbody it.

I was not looking for a little bag to dress up or wear using the short strap.

Also, I'm not a fan of getting a strap off eBay. In my opinion, it cheapens the bag and makes it look cheesy. Ruins the whole look of wearing designer.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: