DD poured a bottle of water inside my Cricket!!

AileenGP

Aug 7, 2009
The title explains it all. :crybaby:

I didn't notice what happened until I saw a dr's appointment receipt soaking wet on the floor... I started trying to figure out what happened, noticed wetness around the bag and thought she spilled water on the outside. Then When I lifted it up..The bag started dripping water to the floor and I about cried because she spilled it into the main zippered compartment... where my super expensive straight iron was (I had a meeting earlier and was running late so I brought it for touch-ups), several keychains in dustbags with the reciepts I was planning on returning to the outlet, my meds, my coach sunnies and some sheets of paper with inkjet printing on them.. about to bleed into the lining!!!

Luckily the other compartments didn't get wet (where my capacity wristlet and coach agenda were) at all and when I dried the lining, I didn't see any water damage or ink bleed.. yet.

It's hanging dry right now so I can't assess the extent of the damage yet.. It's the light khaki siggy jacquard (I think that's what the color is called) and I'm hoping the slow drying process will help me spot any early water marks and try to fix them before they really dry.

Ugh! I just got this bag last week!

Awww it's ok! I bet since it's siggy fabric that it should dry ok. I don't think siggy bags are supposed to have problems with water marks but since I don't own any, it's hard to say.

Is a straight iron the same thing as a flat iron for your hair? I don't use one (not even a blow dryer, haha) so I can't say if it will hurt it. Let someone else chime in!

So Sorry,
I had almost the same thing happen to me years ago when I had just gotten a holiday patchwork shoulder tote and matching wallet. Well it wasn't water, but oh yeah mountain dew, one of my kids bumped into me It spilled and it went inside and outside the bag and on the wallet.....I almost cried too...lol..but being a "closet coachie." How would I explain it..lol..... Thank God it wiped off and I couldn't tell it later...
Those spills are very bad for our nerves huh...
Hope your bag is ok....

Is a straight iron the same thing as a flat iron for your hair? I don't use one (not even a blow dryer, haha) so I can't say if it will hurt it. Let someone else chime in!

Haha.. that's what I meant... a FLAT iron... My brains are scrambled because of the whole ordeal.. I used to get away without using anything either but since I got a totally new haircut and my hair is wavy/frizzy, I have to use the stupid flat iron. - I don't have a blow dryer either

So far it's drying okay - but the very bottom is still super wet.

Reason # 64 on my list of reasons not to have children.:P

Kids are not for everyone but I wouldn't trade her for all the purses in the world. She's my :heart:! Today she started walking - she wobbled up to me a little while after I posted about the mishap (first time I saw her take more than just a few steps), gave me a kiss, and said "mama sorry". My frustration melted away.

Still praying that Cricket dries okay though.

aaawwwwww, that is soooooo sweet.
yep those little girls can just make your heart melt and the
frustration go away. My dd 4 just cut her long beatiful hair off(she thought she was making herself pretty and all I was thinking is now you have to get it all cut off and look like a boy, I already have 2 boys mind you), and I was soooooooooo upset, but when she puckered her little lip and said sorry mommy, I wanted to cry....
She got the cutest haircut and now her hair is curly cute....

Oh she knows u r angry with her & apologised to you, how sweet!!! Is the little girl in ur avatar, the 'culprit'.... she is so cute with her curly locks.... I understand how u feel cos I've got 3 kids.

Hope ur bag will dry in no time.

Kids are not for everyone but I wouldn't trade her for all the purses in the world. She's my :heart:! Today she started walking - she wobbled up to me a little while after I posted about the mishap (first time I saw her take more than just a few steps), gave me a kiss, and said "mama sorry". My frustration melted away.

Still praying that Cricket dries okay though.

OMG! I hope I didn't offend you or hurt your feelings! I would never question you love for your daughter. I know you would do anything for your daughter and there is nothing she could do that would make you stop loving her.

OMG! I hope I didn't offend you or hurt your feelings! I would never question you love for your daughter. I know you would do anything for your daughter and there is nothing she could do that would make you stop loving her.

Oh you absolutely didn't! =) No worries!! (I hate how it's hard to get the tone of the person typing just by reading it)

And yes Lavendar,the little curly haired girl in my avatar is the culprit.

Your daughter is SOOO cute, it would be hard to stay mad at her hehe. Everything will be fine once it dries :smile:
and it was so cute how she said sorry to you! heart melter!!!

*sigh* I can see water marks all over the bottom.. but DH says he can't see it...
Hmmm... am I crazy to think that I should wet the entire bag with a damp cloth to even everything out??

Lavender lining looks perfect though.. go figure??

Oh well.. I can't keep anything spotless with a 13 month old..

Place a towel in her and place her in a cool but not sunny place to dry and leave her alone for a few days. She will be all right, when she is totally dry, after a week make sure the leather is not dry if it is condition it...

^^ That's what I did and now (a day and a half later) she's totally dry and showing the watermarks.

She's not all leather - she's the siggy with leather trim. The leather parts didn't really get wet - it's just the siggy fabric all along the bottom that has the marks..

:thinking::shrugs: