DBTY style, from Blue Nile, James Allen

Rose_bubbles

Nov 15, 2016
Hi Ladies,
I’m wondering have anyone ever purchase DBTY style from Bluenile or James Allen. If so, can you please share your pictures and experience ? I’m thinking getting one and I’m considering among Tiffany, Blue Nile, and James Allen.

I have the design your own DBTY style from Blue Nile. I’ve had it for five and a half years with no issues and I wear it everyday. My husband had a really good experience with Blue Nile. Here’s a picture of the necklace on.

Last year, we ordered my diamond studs from them. Because we knew what we were looking for, selecting the diamonds was easy and they shipped super fast. They looked stunning and sparkly in person.

8CFA6B37-E94C-4274-83D1-A0EBB932C2D0.jpeg

These pictures aren't the best quality as my computer appears to have changed the image size, but my friend is a jeweler and I asked him to design me a diamond solitaire necklace similar to the DBTY. I asked for rose gold, a diamond that is visible but still casual enough for daily wear, and extreme durability. He delivered in an incredible way! I have not taken this necklace off once since April. He let me pick from many diamond sizes, and I chose a 0.25 carat diamond for the most versatility. I got the perfect length chain that looks super delicate but is very durable. It was hand made exactly to my specifications and I couldn't love it more! It's awesome to have a piece that is exactly what I wanted and was not mass-produced. Plus there was no crazy price markup. Long story short... if you are looking for a DBTY style necklace, go with a private jeweler! They will be able to make you something incredible that is not off the rack.

101478024_251717349250129_4480200727828298712_n(1).jpg

111604946_311744383538630_7221640126566747397_n.jpg

My DBTY style bracelet from Diamondsforlove on Etsy. I have a .10 carat bezel set and it’s been on my wrist since May.

I also purchased from Diamondsforlove - on eBay though - and am extremely happy with my DBTY-style necklace (.18 in WG).

I’m also in complete agreement with JenniferHoll, for something like this, I prefer going the non-designer route. You can get a custom piece at an amazingly affordable price.

Last edited: