Dbty RG necklace

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away five more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016
    I finally got the famous dbty necklace in rose gold from tiffany, its .18k, color G, clarity VS2 but when i tried at home it looked very tiny and less shiny comparing to a youtuber .17k dbty in RG, hers looked sooo shiny and bigger.
    Mine measures 3mm in diameter, I'm considering returning it and get a silver dbty with a bigger diamand.
    What do you guys thnink, please share you ideas and thoughts in regards on my concern. Also please share you pictures of your dbty.

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Are you concerned the chain or the diamond doesn't look shiny? I'm not sure if it's the lighting or what, but it doesn't look rose gold to me at all. It looks like a white toned metal.

If you have a store in close proximity I would try on another rose gold chain and silver chain. You should be able to make your decision from that. Good luck! ☺️

3. this looks silver to me? maybe it's the lighting? double check if it's silver or RG silver is marked as 925, whereas RG is marked as 750

also the silver dbty's only come in smaller sizes up to 0.07, so yours already doubles the silver versions!

you can always exchange it for a larger RG diamond size or go with YG or platinum?

4. Hi,
    Thanks for your reply, it is RG indeed, it has the 750 stamp on it, maybe just the lighting. Is the color G a good color or i need to exchange for a better one, too bad the silver ones are limited in size. Which size you recommand for me?

Thanks

Attached Files:

5. I think your DBTY is beautiful but if you are not 100% happy with it, go back and try on a few others. You can even go down in colour. I own DBTYs in platinum, YG, RG and silver. Silver is my least favourite. I would pick platinum, then RG or YG and then silver.

6. I think it's beautiful! Could you do a mod shot to see what it looks like on you?

7. definitely was the lighting! I wouldn't worry too much about colour. go back to Tiffany and try on a few different sizes.
    i've found that my sweet spot for dbty's is around 0.40-0.65ish :smile:

8. There are two types of rose gold DBTY from Tiffany. I have the one with the thicker bezel. That one is probably the one you saw on YouTube. For some reason the thicker bezel makes it look shinier and more "substantial". Platinum and yellow gold only come with the thinner bezel. Silver only comes with the thick bezel. And rose gold comes in both. Hope that helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice