DBTY Earring Size for Everyday Wear?

Jul 28, 2016
What do you think is an ideal carat size for DBTY earrings that can be worn every day? I have a rather large (1.4 ttcw?) pair of classic prong studs purchased years ago (from Sam's Club of all places!) that are beautiful but seem too large for my lifestyle to wear casually. I'm thinking that a dainty rose gold DBTY set would be just the thing. But .06 ttcw? Or maybe 0.14 ttcw? Larger? If it matters, I also have a 0.07 CT DBTY necklace that I think is a perfect size. Thank you for your input!

I think it really depends on:
1) Your preference and interpretation on what "small" and "large" mean to you
2) The shape and size of your ear or ear lobes and how each size looks

If you have any photos for comparison, they would be very helpful. Or, you can go to the store and try various sizes on, take photos so they can help you compare and figure out what size works best for you!

I have a DBTY diamond necklace that is 0.28 carats which I think is dainty enough for a necklace.

As for earrings, I don't have DBTY, but I have a pair of stud solitaires that are 0.16 ttcw, which are great for everyday!

Reactions: Lux.
I think it really depends on:
1) Your preference and interpretation on what "small" and "large" mean to you
2) The shape and size of your ear or ear lobes and how each size looks

If you have any photos for comparison, they would be very helpful. Or, you can go to the store and try various sizes on, take photos so they can help you compare and figure out what size works best for you!

I have a DBTY diamond necklace that is 0.28 carats which I think is dainty enough for a necklace.

As for earrings, I don't have DBTY, but I have a pair of stud solitaires that are 0.16 ttcw, which are great for everyday!
Thanks so much! I was looking at 0.16 ttcw on the Tiffany website, and they really do look perfect:smile:

Reactions: lill_canele
Totally depends on your earlobes! I have a pair of 1.4ctw solitaire earrings and I feel they are on the smaller side because I have larger lobes. Would love to see picture comparisons!

Went to the store and tried on tons of options from .06 total carats to .24 total carats. I decided upon the smallest of the small, .06, because I wanted something totally different from my current studs. They didn’t have them in rose gold, so I have to wait until they arrive next week. Very excited!
And they arrived! 0.06 total carats weight, which seems unbelievable considering how substantial they look. I love that they’re rounded and smooth and so pleasing to touch!B0A4A6CB-265D-4E0E-B451-9A3AB1383044.jpeg

Attachments

• D2BB94E3-D80E-4877-BAC1-BE2D2F764086.jpeg
    D2BB94E3-D80E-4877-BAC1-BE2D2F764086.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 46