DBTY..carat weight?!

niry84

*єη¢Ð½Î±Î·Ñ‚є∂*šÏÎ±¢Ñ”*
Dec 3, 2009
Hello..
Many of you red My thread few days ago on which necklace to buy at tiffany......Then i
Change mind and i decide to save for a custom Made DBTY necklace ;)

The question is......which carat weight do i need?!
I'm 1.75 cm..thin..sometimes i wear casual..sometimes i wear fashion..so i need something to match everyday!!..of course something visible ;)

Budget is around 800€..

I would like a good diamond..that in case i reset it into a ring..it Will be nice too!!..so please i need also some technical advices!! ;)

I don't wanna buy it on internet..i would like to go to some jeweler so i need informations..

That's all folks ;) ;) ;)
TIA!!

Is this just one stone? Or multiple? For a single stone I think .10-.20 ct is perfect. There but subtle. For multiple I think about .10 per stone is perfect.

Yes sorry..only one..but i was thinking on a 40 ct........maybe is too big as you are considering 0.20.......

Better follow advices from experts!!! ;)

Ahahha..no i only was wondering on what to get..as i have no idea on the size.....i've one Who is 0.07......and i think is too little.. :sad:

I just had my dbty bracelet done with .45ct 2x and .55ct. and I also want a necklace as well. I am saving for it. I've look for several ones at store.

As a personal peference, I will would want to do .35ct-.55ct. I think if you like .40ct it has nice presence.

if you want to buy it for the diamond and maybe set it in a ring later on, i'd go with something over .30ct and also of course look for the clarity, cut and color. (which i wouldnt and didnt pay too much attention to if its just purely for necklace purposes)

ame said:
If you think that's too little then I would go with a larger size, .25 +. Can you go try sizes on at Tiffany or otherwise?

Unfortunately i have no opportunity to go to tiffany But i think My jeweler has some to try :smile:

Harper051 said:
Mine is .50 and I think it's a great size. I agree that .35-.55 is a nice range but it's all a matter of personal preference.

Could you please take a picture and let me see?! TIA!!

I dont know if this would call a dbty necklace, but this was given to me over 15yrs ago.
The bezel is a bigger than current day version.

It's .25ct with YG 14kt. I will take better pic w/ a normal camera later.

IMG_0117.jpg

I tend to agree with Ame that the concept of dbty is a small subtle bling, so mine (not a dbty, it is the petite heart from HOF at .10c) and serve me fine with a little bling

image-349583075.jpg

Last edited: