Daytime fall wedding - what to wear?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. OK, help. I need serious advice. A coworker is getting married this October. The wedding is during the day, at noon, followed by a "luncheon reception". Many coworkers will be there, many of whom I feel a pathologic need to outshine. What in the hell do I wear? FYI, I live in Phoenix, so October daytime highs will be warm - 90+.

2. I don't know what your style is, but this dress is so cute!

3. I like that suggestion of a dress! Very nice...definitely something colorful (if you want to stand out) that fits your body type. Since it's during the day, I think you can get away with more casual and fun dresses!

4. That Phoebe dress IS cute, I want one!

A daytime fall wedding leaves you with the most possible options of any type of wedding, in my opinion, especially in a hot climate. I think the only thing you should not do is a formal evening gown, but you knew that! So how to whittle down the choices? Maybe figure out how exactly you wish to stand out - in terms of "stylishness", "money spent", "female attention" or "male attention"? Since this is a work-related event, I would keep in mind office politics when making your selection.

5. love these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i could go on for days........:P

6. ^^ Love the selection! I don't mean to hijack this thread but while we're on topic I also have a wedding at the end of Sept. The ceremony is at 2pm but the reception is at 6. I have an outfit I could wear at night but could I wear this kind of patterned dress during the ceremony (or the reception too!) or does it look too "spring" for a fall wedding? TIA!

Attached Files:

7. I REALLY like this one! :tup:

8. that looks cute p3bbz!

9. Oooh......I really like this one, but a little pricey......
    [​IMG]

This is totally me. But $575 is kinda steep.... but yes, something along these lines. I LOVE the long dress... it seems like everyone wears short dresses and I like to be different... the solid jersey ones are nice but don't seem special enough for a wedding.

As for the kind of "attention", well, it is tough being that it's a work function. No super cleavage, no short hemlines (not that I would anyway)... and I'll be bringing my DH so I don't care about guys... it's mostly a competitive thing between me and my female coworkers... ha ha!!!

Keep them coming everyone!

10. ^^ That is one HOT dress! I love the colors!

Nolarice, thank you! I guess I'll be wearing the dress for the daytime portion of the wedding. :smile:

11. Bumpity bump... I still haven't found anything!!! And I really don't want to spend a lot of $$$... any new ideas?

12. I reckon something like this Alice & Olivia dress would be fab:

[​IMG]

13. Love the Nicole Miller dress!