Dawn's small but well-loved collection

Miss_Dawn

Mar 11, 2017
It's Saturday and I have spent the whole day reorganising my bag and accessories cupboard.

I've decided to let go of a lot of items, and my collection is now definitely looking nicer and more curated.

I should add that I don't have a mind-blowingly impressive collection like most of you lovely TPFers, but I have a few pieces that I love, so I thought I would start a thread to share.

So without further ado, introducing my revamped cupboard. I'll post individual pictures and stories as I go along but for now, I'll show you how the whole cupboard looks.

Thanks for letting me share x

Attachments

• IMG_7491.JPG
    IMG_7491.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 5,995
  • IMG_7492.JPG
    IMG_7492.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 6,092
  • IMG_7493.JPG
    IMG_7493.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 6,103
I have only photographed the open shelves of the cupboard as you can see above.
The bottom shelf is dedicated to SLGs and small accessories like sunglasses. Then three shelves above are filled with my rainbow of handbags.
I also have three large drawers which I have not photographed and that's where I store other accessories like scarves.

First up is my Prada family.

I have 4 Prada bags. Much as I love Prada's now-classic Saffiano leather, I only have one Saffiano bag and the other 3 are soft calf.

I have to say I love the soft calf: it's buttery with a gloss and softness that looks and feels so luxurious. And despite wearing all 3 soft calf bags for many years, I can't see any major scuffs or scratches which is surprising for such a soft leather. I love my Prada bags :love:

So, my Prada family in order of photos, from top to bottom:
- Prada Soft Calf Shoulder Bag in Nero
- Prada Vernice Top Handle Bag Saffiano Leather in Turchese
- Prada Bauletto Soft Calf in Cuoio Brown
- Prada Soft Calf Leather Double Zip Satchel in Bluette

Attachments

• IMG_7385.JPG
    IMG_7385.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 5,596
  • IMG_7394.JPG
    IMG_7394.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 5,634
  • IMG_7399.JPG
    IMG_7399.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 5,688
  • IMG_7415.JPG
    IMG_7415.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 5,771
And most of my high end SLGs are also from Prada. It's love, I tell you.

- Prada Rame Continental Wallet Vitello Lux in Sole (the yellow one)
- Prada Continental Wallet Saffiano in Peonia (the pink one)
- Prada Card Holder Vitello Move in Lacca (the red one)
- Prada Trifold Short Wallet Vitello Move in Cobalto (the blue one)

Can we stop a moment and just admire the rainbow? I particularly love the blue compact wallet which fits most of my tricky bags and adds a lovely pop of colour!

Attachments

• IMG_7495.JPG
    IMG_7495.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 5,473
  • IMG_7496.JPG
    IMG_7496.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 5,461
Next up I think I'll do Mulberry.

I have to admit I've never really enjoyed the classic Bayswater (I know, shock & horror). I just find it too hefty to carry comfortably by hand.
So I was thrilled when the East West Bayswater with long shoulder handles, in white gloss leather came out. I can't remember the year, but I was still in university and there was no store near me. It was snowing, and my DH called the SA at a store about an hour away from us, and they promised to hold it for me. I was on cloud 9 when I picked it up a few days later. Happy days.

I also have a Scotchgrain shoulder bag which is like Chanel's Caviar, but more glossy, more pebbly and practically indestructible. It has a glossy brown leather trim all around the side, which is very stylish in real life, although I didn't manage to photograph it in profile.

Finally I bought the Mulberry Lily Medium in Glossy Black, with soft gold hardware, a couple of months ago. She's a beauty.

So here is my little Mulberry family.

- Mulberry East West Bayswater in White Gloss
- Mulberry Lily Medium in Glossy Black
- Mulberry Black Scotchgrain and Brown Leather bag

Attachments

• IMG_7503.JPG
    IMG_7503.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 5,459
  • IMG_7504.JPG
    IMG_7504.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 5,452
  • IMG_7505.JPG
    IMG_7505.JPG
    318.5 KB · Views: 5,474
Next up I think I'll do Mulberry.

I have to admit I've never really enjoyed the classic Bayswater (I know, shock & horror). I just find it too hefty to carry comfortably by hand.
So I was thrilled when the East West Bayswater with long shoulder handles, in white gloss leather came out. I can't remember the year, but I was still in university and there was no store near me. It was snowing, and my DH called the SA at a store about an hour away from us, and they promised to hold it for me. I was on cloud 9 when I picked it up a few days later. Happy days.

I also have a Scotchgrain shoulder bag which is like Chanel's Caviar, but more glossy, more pebbly and practically indestructible. It has a glossy brown leather trim all around the side, which is very stylish in real life, although I didn't manage to photograph it in profile.

Finally I bought the Mulberry Lily Medium in Glossy Black, with soft gold hardware, a couple of months ago. She's a beauty.

So here is my little Mulberry family.

- Mulberry East West Bayswater in White Gloss
- Mulberry Lily Medium in Glossy Black
- Mulberry Black Scotchgrain and Brown Leather bag
Love your Mulberry collection

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Miss_Dawn
And most of my high end SLGs are also from Prada. It's love, I tell you.

- Prada Rame Continental Wallet Vitello Lux in Sole (the yellow one)
- Prada Continental Wallet Saffiano in Peonia (the pink one)
- Prada Card Holder Vitello Move in Lacca (the red one)
- Prada Trifold Short Wallet Vitello Move in Cobalto (the blue one)

Can we stop a moment and just admire the rainbow? I particularly love the blue compact wallet which fits most of my tricky bags and adds a lovely pop of colour!

I'm waiting for the fairytales behind your lovely ear candies [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]. They are so magical and festive!!! Please spill the beans on them when you have some time. Thanks for sharing [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️

I'm waiting for the fairytales behind your lovely ear candies [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]. They are so magical and festive!!! Please spill the beans on them when you have some time. Thanks for sharing [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Oh thank you, that's very kind.
All of these are presents. The big cluster was a wedding present from my husband, and he gave me the ruby ones recently. The small cluster was a wedding present from one of my favourite aunts. The scatter was a wedding present from a group of friends.

I have matching pendants for all of them. I have matching rings as well, for the large and small cluster.

I don't usually have my jewellery at home (it lives at the bank). So when I had it at home a month or so ago, I reorganised these and other small items. My sorted small jewellery boxes looked very twinkly :heart:

I won't hijack my bags thread with these though. They were props for the SLGs picture.

Next up will be my small Gucci family I think.

Thanks for sharing the fun with me x

I have a small Gucci collection. I have one pochette which I bought pre-loved in university. To this day, it's my only pre-loved item. I just found the size so practical, and I really enjoyed it. I haven't worn it in awhile though.

My second was a black one. I won a few scholarships and prizes at university and I decided to treat myself to a grown up black handbag with part of my reward money. I wore it to death, but with a bit of polish and wax to seal the colour on the leather sections, it's come out pretty new each time I've cleaned it. I still like this shape and I think the canvas is so durable.

My third one was a gold bowling bag. Completely my kind of shape, and my kind of colour!

So here they are:
- Gucci D-Ring GG Pochette in Tan
- Gucci D-Ring GG Abbey Hobo in Black
- Gucci Gold Crystal GG Joy Small Boston in Metallic

Attachments

• IMG_7512.JPG
    IMG_7512.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 5,296
  • IMG_7454.JPG
    IMG_7454.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 5,332
  • IMG_7513.JPG
    IMG_7513.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 5,353
Last edited:
The picture of red SLGs in the bottom left hand side of the collage has been blurred out slightly. That's because each of the items is hot stamped in gold lettering, with my name. I bought these at an unknown leather shop abroad. I have a few items like that: non-branded leather accessories that remind me of sun-drenched, noisy, riotously colourful souks in Marrakech or Istanbul etc :heart:

I really enjoy the way you organize and present your collections, and most of all, the stories behind some of your treasures :smile:. I don't buy a lot of earrings because I don't like anything too heavy. But after seeing your "Prada props," I'm on the hunt for these delicious starbursts. Thanks for sharing and enjoy all your goodies!!!!

That's very sweet of you. Thank you and happy hunting! I have several floral and geometric starburst shapes, including some bespoke, so if you'd like any close up pictures, let me know and I'll email you x

What handbags shall I do next? Hmmmm.

Reactions: GeorginaLavender
Okay next up my newest bag and already a firm favourite. I love love love this bag.

I had hoped to buy an Antigona by the end of this year. I thought it looked perfect for work. And my DH knew how much I wanted one. He contacted the SA at the outlet store and asked him to give him a call immediately if any Antigona came up.

And a beautiful black beauty came up. It was a limited edition, a perfect leather (buttery but textured) and it cost more than the regular edition. But, it did have a discount, and I loved it. So DH drove many hours to go and buy it for me.:heart::love::yahoo:

So here she is: Givenchy Antigona Small Metal Detail Tote in Black. Isn't she beautiful?

Thanks for letting me share xx

Attachments

• IMG_7516.JPG
    IMG_7516.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 5,174