David Bowie - Dies at 69

Wow. I'm really saddened by this. Maybe because it (to me) was totally and completely unexpected. He and his family obviously didn't want anyone to know about his illness. He was definitely one of those people I just thought would always be around, you know?
I don't usually get caught up in celebrities - or their deaths, but it is such a profound loss to the not just the music world but to humanity in general.
:crybaby:

I know what you mean. :cry:

I was listening to his new album on Sunday... I can't think of anyone (or hardly anyone) who's still producing/produced interesting music after such a long career. He truly was a one of a kind!

Great song @Poopsie. There's so many to choose from!

Diamond Dogs is one of my personal favourite albums. Even the artwork is incredible.

Mine was Ziggy Stardust. It came out when I was in high school. I have it on vinyl, 8 track, cassette and CD. I love it as much, if not more, than when it first came out.

Mine was Ziggy Stardust. It came out when I was in high school. I have it on vinyl, 8 track, cassette and CD. I love it as much, if not more, than when it first came out.

And he was so much more too. A brilliant actor and very good painter. I loved all the creative work he did musically as well with other genres.

Just saw this on Sky News. How terrible, it feels like a bolt from the blue. I just this weekend saw him in an ad for his new album and was thinking, 'Ha! He's still got it' He was an amazing performer, unique. A true artist.

^Very cool quote.

21_bowie3_g_w.jpg
20130513-bowie-x624-1368483979.jpg
bow1.jpg
David-Bowie-Ziggy-Stardust.jpg
blackstar.jpg

I had watched his two new videos for his latest album this weekend, man they take on a whole other meaning now. Watching it now is such a mixture of emotion.