Dave Matthews fans, help me out here

MichelleAntonia

<3
O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
I've of course been aware of Dave for many, many years, seeing as I'm geezer. But since my all eclipsing love for Pearl Jam took up about 99.9% of my brain space, I haven't been able to give Dave a real chance. What I've heard of his live stuff I really, really like and I admire him as a person.

But, I need help-- where do I start? I'm overwhelmed. He's got so many studio albums, even more live. Which, being a PJ fan, I technically shouldn't be intimidated by, but it's different when you're jumping into the game after a decade and a half of steady releases.

Tell me where to start, please!

I think this is incredibly impressive :wtf:

*HI*

Related to Dave Matthews and everything else:

THIS IS MY TOTALLY OBVIOUS UNGRACEFUL WAY OF SAYING: WE NEED A MUSIC FORUM, MODS PLEAAAAAAASE!

We get more and more music threads everyday it seems, we need a place for them!

You need to get DMB Live at Red Rocks! :yes:

My favorite studio album is Under the Table and Dreaming, but my favorite song is Captain which is on Busted Stuff. Overall, I prefer live Dave to studio Dave. Speaking of which, I love Dave Mathews + Tim Reynolds Live at Radio City, but that's only because I was there. The set list wasn't super amazing, but the show was so good! :P

Under the table and dreaming is a great album, and I prefer the live albums over some of the studio albums. I am a huge Dave fan and am going to his Nashville concert in April. Live at Red Rocks and Live at the Gorge albums are always winners. Anything with Dave and Tim Reynolds and Dave and Willie Nelson, are awesome to listen too. My favorite songs are Proudest Monkey and Tripping Billies.

Eeek, I love Dave, I hope you can find some stuff you like and enjoy his music.:tup:

Ohhh i love Dave Matthews! i saw him last summer with tim reynolds and the year before as well....amazing in concert so I would start there with the music, get a live cd! Under the table and dreaming is an awesome album and i just love 'dont drink the water'! He's so talented and every member in his band is amazing!!! A really talented group of people.....

You should check this site out http://davematthewsband.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=1_5575&page=0 and then Rapsody has music you can listen to before you download it from the above site. http://www.rhapsody.com/dave-matthews-band I think you can also do a preview with iTunes as well. (I have no affiliation with either site :smile:)

Live Releases which are worthy- Red Rocks 1995, Central Park, and Gorge 2002.

Studio Albums (in favorite order)- BTCS (Before These Crowded Streets), UTAD (Under the Table...as others have mentioned), Some Devil (Dave's Solo Release)

And there is nothing wrong with Eddie Vedder and PJ taking up room in your head. ;P

^haha, no there isn't ;)

I hear ya guys on the live stuff, it's the same with my favorite bands.

Looks like a lot of you are recommending live at red rocks- is there only the 95 show or more?

And maybe with the studio albums i'll go in order?

Yay, DMB fans! I lived by the album Crash and his Live at Luther College album with Tim Reynolds during my college years. He's a great live performer; I've seen him more times than I can remember and it's always different every time. #41, Lover Lay Down, and Stay or Leave from his solo album, Some Devil, are some of my favorites. I get goosebumps thinking about his music :tunes:

My very first DMB album, that got me to travel all over the nation to see them tour, was Listener Supported. (I know, I was a little late to the game.) I watched the DVD and it got me all excited to see them live....50+ shows later I still get excited whenever I watch them perform!

^haha, no there isn't ;)

I hear ya guys on the live stuff, it's the same with my favorite bands.

Looks like a lot of you are recommending live at red rocks- is there only the 95 show or more?

And maybe with the studio albums i'll go in order?

That should take you to a list of all the songs DMB has played at RR and when.

There is not any reason to listen to the albums in order. The live stuff may provide you with a starting order for the studio albums.

Oh yea, and you can also listen and read lyrics on the official website. http://www.davematthewsband.com/discography/

Listener Supported is also a good live album to pick up.

under the table and dreaming is a great album, and i prefer the live albums over some of the studio albums. I am a huge dave fan and am going to his nashville concert in april. Live at red rocks and live at the gorge albums are always winners. anything with dave and tim reynolds and dave and willie nelson, are awesome to listen too. My favorite songs are proudest monkey and tripping billies.

Eeek, i love dave, i hope you can find some stuff you like and enjoy his music.:tup:

ita!!!!!