Daughter's first handbag???

Feb 28, 2016
Hi everyone =) At what age do you think and feel your daughter could start carrying her first LV? Which one would you give her.
Mini speedy HL
Mini pochette accessoires
Pochette accessoires older model with short strap.
I have one waiting for her, the pochette accessoires older model with strap. =) I used to carry it but i wanted to get the newer model NM in mono for the longest strap and the inside pocket.

I already see that by midnight, this thread will be full of
"don't spoil your kid with LV at an early age",
"it will harm her personality",
"she will be bullied for it in school/kindergarten"
"don't listen to anyone",
"follow your heart, she deserves the best"
"your money, your child, love her the way you please"
and things like that :smile: can't wait :smile:

Anyway, I do belive that this is different in every family. In one, LV is crazy at any age if the kid cannot afford it herself (too young, no job yet, etc...). In other, it is not crazy at all, since every adult wears gold Rolexes at home and she was already spending her toddler years in Baby Dior.

I don't think I'd buy my daughters LV until they were much older. They are still so young though (3 and 6) so I can't really wrap my head around it yet. :lol: I know this sounds terrible but my fear would be the item being stolen at school or something. I have no idea what kids in high school (or even middle school) carry in our area but I don't think I've seen them out and about with LV. I don't live in a big city where LVs are everywhere though. I bought a light pink Marc Jacobs Cammie (small shoulder bag) years ago for a major steal when I was pregnant with my first daughter and still have that for her. It's more sentimental for me though. haha.
If it were a common thing (for older kids/teens to carry LV) then I'd say maybe 16 for something like the Pochette accessoires? If not, I'd wait until college, but again, this is something that is way out of my league right now. ;) :flowers:
How old is your daughter?

Anyway, I do belive that this is different in every family. In one, LV is crazy at any age if the kid cannot afford it herself (too young, no job yet, etc...). In other, it is not crazy at all, since every adult wears gold Rolexes at home and she was already spending her toddler years in Baby Dior.
:lol: I think you nailed it. I hope people don't take this as an opportunity to pass judgement...we are on PURSE forum after all and don't even know the age of the daughter. :yes:

Depending on her age, I'd say the PA is a good choice. I'm nowhere near being a parent but factors (along with age) that I'd consider are her safety (especially carrying a piece with a recognizable print like the LV monogram), her degree of alertness and awareness of her surroundings (that she wouldn't misplace or leave it anywhere), and her personal taste/style (I was never girly but liked to carry crossbody or messenger style bags with artist/band pins and than went through a phase where I actually hated carrying a bag altogether). My parents never really minded me carrying a bag as I was always alert but my sister was much more careless so it was a concern until she was a little older. When it came to designer bags, they were either gifts or once I started working especially since my family isn't into fashion or luxury goods.

I say if your already planning to purchase a NM pochette and if you don't plan to use it once the NM is purchased. I say let her use it. No point in keeping it on a shelf. I would add a cross body strap to the purse as well to make it easier for her to carry and keep up with.

Middle school age. I think 12-13 is a good age to start carrying a purse and keeping up with things and teaching responsibility of having some form of ID and having money, and personal items and such like Feminine products and gloss. I have a son who I have made him start carrying a wallet daily with his ID and money and gift cards and such that he has been gifted for birthdays and Christmas and such. So when we go somewhere he has it if he wants to buy him something.

Personally I wouldn't buy a six year old LV. Teenager, maybe but I would insist it would be for the weekends rather than school. That's just my two cents.

I think the same! My daughter is only 2, and I already thought she can use in 12-14 years my speedy if we go for a walk in the city or to a dinner. But not for everyday use! Maybe she can get a Pochette for everyday use.

I say if your already planning to purchase a NM pochette and if you don't plan to use it once the NM is purchased. I say let her use it. No point in keeping it on a shelf. I would add a cross body strap to the purse as well to make it easier for her to carry and keep up with.

Middle school age. I think 12-13 is a good age to start carrying a purse and keeping up with things and teaching responsibility of having some form of ID and having money, and personal items and such like Feminine products and gloss. I have a son who I have made him start carrying a wallet daily with his ID and money and gift cards and such that he has been gifted for birthdays and Christmas and such. So when we go somewhere he has it if he wants to buy him something.
I already bought my pochette accessoires NM in mono and LOVE it =) She is still a little to young but when i let her have it she will only be using it on the weekends or whenever I am around . She carry little bags now but not all the time. But she is definitely girly like me. Bling Bling and makeup =) :heart:

For my daughter of 11 I bought mini pochette for when we go out in the evening to dine or for big celebrations, only because I always had to carry her thing in my bag. It stays in my closet and is used often. She knows it is special. I also got for her a longer chain from kcraft for crissbody. And whenever She wears it She says She feels like a little lady. It really depends on person. I hope She would use it later in her handbag, so it is a good investment.

Teenage years at least. I carried a Dooney and Bourke in HS that I got (around the time that Lindsay Lohan was their sponsor and it was pink with all the hearts...loved those back then lol!). No one in my HS had LV.

I got my first LV at 22 as a present to myself after I graduated college.

Does your daughter want a piece of LV
or is it that you want to give her a piece?
I hope it's the former, so make it something small that she can use
and enjoy without any censure from unkind onlookers.

Reactions: MarLoLV
Teenage years at least. I carried a Dooney and Bourke in HS that I got (around the time that Lindsay Lohan was their sponsor and it was pink with all the hearts...loved those back then lol!). No one in my HS had LV.

I got my first LV at 22 as a present to myself after I graduated college.

I had that bag in pink and the white model. My cousin has it now lol and still wears it.

LOL.
Yep.