Dating & Date Codes on Hard-Sided Luggage & Trunks

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi--

Can anyone offer assistance on reading/interpreting serial numbers on hard-sided luggage? I have several suitcases that have serial numbers beginning with 103 (locks all the same code--begins 124)

I also have a few with serial number beginning 105. I just purchased a new Bisten with serial number beginning 109.

Is there a way to tell from the serial number inside the suitcase? Is the number on the lock important, too?

Also, I special ordered a trunk with serial number (oddly enough, no sticker inside the trunk) beginning 107 and lock code beginning 128. There is a label inside that has the date code "AA 39659." I am completely confused by the date code label, as I always thought that the most recent date codes are two letters followed by 4 numbers. Why does mine have 5 numbers? I understand the AA, just not the numbers following it.

Thanks--

--Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.