Dateline NBC w/ octuplets' mom

How did she have a lower-back injury severe enough to prevent her from working but not so severe that she could not carry a pregnancy - let alone octuplets?

And while I suppose this would be an issue for anyone with many, many children, I really do feel for the little ones at home. They already know that babies take a lot of work and that there will be a lot of crying. Those children - any children - crave attention and love from their mom but they won't be able to have much of it. It makes me sad for the six children at home.
Are you serious?? She had a lower back injury, but has carried and delivered how many babies??? Geeze Louise!!! I was only pregnant twice with single babies, my back was fine (no back injury) and I had backaches all the time, especially in the third trimester! There is something very, very suspect in this woman's life.

Sounds to me (and this is just my opinion) that she has faked a back injury to receive disability, which have paid for (or helped pay for) the fertility treatments, has been on government assistance all this time, been scamming for student loans and apparently not going to school. How do you get to your student loan money, anyway? Who controls it? I never had a student loan, so I don't know how that works. I put myself through school.

I observed that she managed to have rhinoplasty and a fresh lip enlargement procedure. What paid for all that? I don't know exactly how all this plays out vis a vis Medi-Cal (Medicaid in California) The babies are on Medi-Cal the state welfare medical insurance. That usually puts the mother on it as well. So the entire pregnancy and delivery was paid for by the tax payers. If she suddenly gets money from book deals etc. I wonder if that could negate some of the Medi-Cal benefits? Perhaps not since the cost of these children is going to be astronomical.

I think her mother is doing damage control by her comments. If this woman did not have the support of her parents in caring for the children, how could she go forward with the multiple pregnancy?

This is crazy. Where did she get the money for the treatments?
She was lonely?? No, she was crazy. I know people who feel a little lonely and they go adopt and cat or a dog. Her poor mother looks like she is ready to be committed. This woman needs help. I do not understand how she was given treatments with that many children already and no spouse. If I lived in California I would be very pissed to think I helped fund this. How did she get away with this????

I observed that she managed to have rhinoplasty and a fresh lip enlargement procedure. What paid for all that? I don't know exactly how all this plays out vis a vis Medi-Cal (Medicaid in California) The babies are on Medi-Cal the state welfare medical insurance. That usually puts the mother on it as well. So the entire pregnancy and delivery was paid for by the tax payers. If she suddenly gets money from book deals etc. I wonder if that could negate some of the Medi-Cal benefits? Perhaps not since the cost of these children is going to be astronomical.

I think her mother is doing damage control by her comments. If this woman did not have the support of her parents in caring for the children, how could she go forward with the multiple pregnancy?
Because, and I quote her, "all I ever wanted was children." Such a selfish wench. It breaks my heart knowing these children, all 14 of them, will never get everything they deserve out of life.

This woman is completely WACKED! I read online today that she has launched her own website and is asking for donations! All credit cards accepted!!!
http://www.usmagazine.com/news/octuplet-mom-launches-web-site-asks-for-donations

I feel so sorry for these babies and her other 6 kids because I don't think they will get the love and attention that they need and deserve. Not from her anyway. She needs some serious mental help.

Because, and I quote her, "all I ever wanted was children." Such a selfish wench. It breaks my heart knowing these children, all 14 of them, will never get everything they deserve out of life.

There is probably a segment of the population out there who would like to see
her tubes tied. Of course they could never force her and I doubt she would volunteer.:P

This such irresponsible behavior. She is clueless that all these children are going to suffer.

it looks like basically all of us are on the same page. i feel very sorry for those kids but if i were to make a donation, i'd be hesitant where the money is going to. the only way i'd donate anything to that woman is actual material toys or clothes. but i'm sorry to say i don't think it'll be happening. i feel so much more inclined to help other people and i always wanted to send christmas gifts to the Gosselin kids (from Jon & Kate plus 8) and i'd feel much better helping them out instead of giving money to the angelina jolie wannabe.

i'm sorry if this offends anyone.

it looks like basically all of us are on the same page. i feel very sorry for those kids but if i were to make a donation, i'd be hesitant where the money is going to. the only way i'd donate anything to that woman is actual material toys or clothes. but i'm sorry to say i don't think it'll be happening. i feel so much more inclined to help other people and i always wanted to send christmas gifts to the Gosselin kids (from Jon & Kate plus 8) and i'd feel much better helping them out instead of giving money to the angelina jolie wannabe.

This doesn't offend me because the same thought crossed my mind, as well. I would never make a cash donation and would be more inclined to make a donation of clothes, diapers, etc., but I'm still on the fence about that. I certainly want those children taken care of, but if the public starts sending contributions, either monetary or otherwise, it will only enable this woman even more to not get her lazy butt up and support her children herself.

Ugh! This woman is making me want to gag! She is so selfish, I feel such pity for all those kids. I hope, and I know this sounds harsh, family services steps in and puts those children in more appropriate homes. The website for hand outs is just too much.:throwup:

it looks like basically all of us are on the same page.

I think we are all on the same page because we have common sense. I wouldn't give her a dime and would like to send her a bill as a person who lives and pays taxes in the State of California. Medi-Cal is welfare health insurance for people who are sick, not a vain self involved woman who is wrapped up in herself and has the sick need to be a brood mare. Even if she was independently wealthy, she is so thoughtless as to how all the children will grow up. They will need time and attention that she alone can not possible provide. The entire thing disgusts me.

I think if Social Services visited her home the children would be taken away from her. They have taken children away from parents for a lot less.

Just wanted to add, that if they take any of her children away, a life in the foster child system isn't so great either unless you are one lucky kid.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't know how to react. A part of me feels like Child Service should get involved and rehome the children with families who can take care of the children. This is not ideal obviously because there are many children in foster care who do not get placed in caring homes.

I know that there are families like Jon & Kate that have multiple births but they clearly did not plan it that way - if an egg splits, it splits. Our bodies were designed to release one or two eggs for a reason but here she is carrying six eggs.

What would have happened if not two but all six eggs had split?? - She would have twelve additional children! And all because she CHOSE to have the six eggs implanted. Very selfish and I do think she needs some medical/psychological attention - she doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation. There are families that can barely keep a handle on having three+ children in a a two-parent situation and here she is. I am concerned for her children and concerned for her mental health. *SMH*

And her poor parents...

i don't think her children will be taken away from her- at least not right away because even if most people don't agree with her choices, i don't know if they can really prove she is an unfit mother right now unless she does something very very wrong like abuse her children. i also heard that her father is a millionaire and that HE paid for fertility treatments, but i haven't heard this again beside the 1 time.

She has a sick obsession with Angelina Jolie.
I completely agree. I think what she doesn't realize though, is that not only does Angelina have Brad to help her, she also has several nannies. So she has a whole team of people (oh yeah, and sh*tloads of money) to help her raise her kids. It is literally impossible-- financially and physically-- for one person to raise 14 kids on their own. :s

Also, did you guys see this article with her "before" pic? Where did she get the money for the plastic surgery???

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katherine-thomson/does-nadya-suleman-think_b_165617.html